Today was one of those days that I felt I'm in the right place at the right time in my life. This morning I found myself in the vice president's house at A&M, talking with John Rice, the number 2 guy over all with General Electric. This guy makes $13 million a year, and here I am sitting in a living room by a fire talking to him and seven other people about life and GE for almost 2 hours. I tried to imagine myself in this position somewhere else or at another time, and I don't think it would have happened. Funny, its not the first time I've felt that way, even though I've thought at different times I wished I was somewhere else.I don't really believe in fate, and that life is mapped out for us against our will, but I do believe the right people are put in front of us at the right times in our lives and it is no coincidence...crap, that's not fate is it? Its crazy to sit back and think about the people you know and why you happened to become friends with them, to marry them, or to even meet them for that matter.
Since moving here we have met some great friends. I have a tennis buddy, a raquetball buddy, a running buddy(Dilly), and lots of hanging out buddies who motivate me to do the right things. I got a new calling that I am not prepared for at all, but I've never been more motivated to be more spiritual and be a better person aside from my mission as I feel now.
I think Joni has been praying for some way for me to lose my love handles and the basketball that I have swallowed recently, because I have lots of motivators to get me into shape. Funny how things work out...no pun intended. 

Our Super Bowl party was pretty fun, right up until I threw my hands up into the fan from that last drive the Giants made. Those empty bottles are cream soda, in case anybody is wondering.

Look how big Dilly is getting

13 comments:
That was a happy blog, Paul. I'm so pleased that you feel as you do about people you are meeting in your life. There truly is a purpose in what we do, and we will be guided as we CTR. Having a loving wife, like is shown in the picture, and several buddies, and a little running rat, makes you happy indeed. I love you too. Dad
You guys seem to make friends whereever you go. Maybe your new work out buddies will whip you into shape and get you back into 34s. You didn't mention - what's your new church calling? You guys must be going to a new building then, right?
It's nice to have those reassuring moments when you realize you're on the right track. I believe that if I try to do my best, things will work out the way they should, even if the path isn't always clear.
I feel a little better because I bought some new pants that are 36's, and they're pretty big. So I'm stuck in the middle of tight jeans I can barely button up, or loose skater type pants. Where's the middle?
We are still in the same ward, which is why everything came as a surprise, but Joni has to teach the class by herself now. This week there were 6 teenage boys that were a little crazy. I'm sure they prefer looking at her anyways.
We look forward to the day we can make long term freinds instead of moving every year.
Nice thoughts, Paul. I think it's not "fate" when the Lord presents us with "opportunities." (The old idea of Him opening doors and windows to us, but expecting us to make the choices about walking through them or not. Sometimes that first step seems so big in our mind, but once we take it, it gets more comfortable.) The associations you and Joni have right now sound awesome!
On the pants - - -they DO make 35's! :)
Dilly is adorable. She's one small dog that looks like she could keep up with a good steady jog.
Cute picture of you and Joni - - what else is new!
Love you,
Mom
You didn't answer Glen's question. Paul was called to be Executive Secretary to the Bishop. That's a great calling to become acquainted with the wonderful way administration of the church is done under the influence of the Spirit. Steve had the same calling as I did two times before. It really helps to understand how the church operates to better serve people in the ward.
FMM
I see how it is, we aren't long term friends. I feel so crushed disappointed and rather depressed. Not to mention that guy on the right of the second picture. You should tell him to get in shape. he he he.
you know what I mean you bum. We wish we could stay in the same place for more than a year, instead of having to make new freinds every time we move.
I am pretty amazed at how well you guys make friends. I have some good friends here in Bozeman but it took me a long time to get to be on a hanging out basis. Most of the friends I hang out these days are borrowed from Erin. She already did all the work. Sounds awesome about the opportunities you all are having.
Sure it's cream soda... j/k
I'm glad you got a new calling! Good luck with it. Not to be a downer, but I just got "fired" from my calling at church yesterday... they called me to pass our chalk between classes as a replacement. Cool, huh?
Have a great week!
Good luck in your new calling Paul. Steve had that calling in Vegas and enjoyed working closely with the bishop there!
You and Joni seem to create parties and fun where ever you are...that's a great talent to have!
Dilly is a cute dog...we're still not getting one though!!!!!
Great blog Paul! You are on the same level as those guys from the University and GE, they just have more life experience than you do. What is your new calling? I'm glad you have buddies to get you in shape. I would play tennis or Rqtball if we lived closer! I like Dilly's collar!
Love,
Melecia
Hey, if I go to Virginia for my internship we'll play for sure. We actually got Dilly a new "colorful and kind of pink" collar because everyone thought she was a boy...Joni's idea, but thanks for the comment anyways.
Jen, I know I probably couldn't convince you but getting a dog has been an awesome thing for us and I highly recommend it...hehe.
Paulks, I'll take a chalk calling any day. I think the trick is to drool a little bit or act strange whenever the bishop comes near so you get out of speaking and tough callings. But I guess it didn't work out for me...so, nevermind.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment