Sunday, March 16, 2008

Almost there

Just catching some sun and playing some disc golf, Dilly loves being in the park and she'll sprint all around us for the first 10 minutes when we let her off the leash.

I'm on the last leg of my 40 day personal goals, I'm really curious to know how everyone is doing, or if you just blew it off. Thats okay if you did, inspiration can come in many forms, but motivation has to be your own. My legs hate me right now, I run like a grandpa for the first little while because of the pain, but then I warm up and feel good. I am convinced endurance is totally mental. The times I tell myself I'm not going to run as far, I am even more tired than when I run on a pace for longer distance. The pushups and situps are getting easier but tougher if that makes any sense at all, I guess it depends on the day. Most importantly I hope that I have formed some good habits out of this whole thing. So I told you all I had something to motivate me for this thing and now I guess I can tell you...I didn't plan the 40 days to end the exact day we were leaving, but thats just the way it happened. Joni and I spent all our tax return this year on a cruise. We are going to Honduras, Belize, Cozumel, and the Bahamas and we leave this Friday. Its wierd because people go on cruises to escape the never ending winter, but its 90 degrees here, so we'll just enjoy the time off together.
I figured I should blog and say our farewells now because in order to miss a week in school I have loaded up this week and I won't have much time...I know, poor me right?

So I unofficially found out I should be going to the Louisville internship, just waiting on some approval from the "higher-ups". I might have to work the street corners to pay the rediculous rent there, but its just the summer. Either way I am a lot excited and a little bit sad. We wish you could all join us on the cruise...nothing like a bunch of dysfunctional family members and friends sipping on pina coladas together on a boat...maybe we'll save that for the next family wedding? Bon Voyage! Here's another video of Dilly in case you haven't seen enough. We get a little exercise inside as well as outside sometimes.

p.s. Thanks Kendi for the movie recommendation of "Martian Child", we watched a couple of feel gooders this weekend and that was one of them. It made me want to adopt a kid.

8 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Boy, Paul and Joni, you know how to live! You are building memories that you will always cherish. I loved the Dilly video. The internship choice looks good. We'll be eager to know the official declaration. Did you do any SCUBA dives or both snorkeled? I'm looking out the window at a lovely winter storm on St. Patrick's day, the day we bury Chuck in Longmont. This is his and Jean's "Winter Season" of life, and how fitting that a burial be on a a lovely snowy day. In the spring (which is just around the corner), we will visit his grave with new headstone, bring more flowers, and be glad to know spring comes as does life after this one. Have a great cruise. Love, Dad

Moore Family said...

Belize has always been a place I've wanted to see - the wildlife and the little islands off the coast. Kendi and I enjoyed snorkeling at Cozumel. There's a really good little spot south of the city called Dzul Ha. It has a shower and food bar so that you can clean up and grab something to eat when you're done. We did some shopping, but I wasn't really impressed with downtown San Miguel. If we ever go again, I'd want to sped more time snorkeling or do a SCUBA trip. Take lots of pictures so you can share.

Anonymous said...

Have so much fun on your cruise!!
Send some warm weather our way...I"m so ready for spring and warm weather!!!
Congrats on your internship and hope all goes well this week with your extra work.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you liked the show, somehow it had a different effect on me.
Your trip sounds so fun. I wish I was going along. The weather here is so annoying. It will be nice one day and then snowing the next and then snows more and more....and so on. WE'RE SO OVER IT!
I am starting to think I can't wait until Nov. for Hawaii.
I hope you don't miss Dilly like we do our chidren when we leave them.

Anonymous said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME ON YOUR CRUISE! TAKE SOME PANTS WITH ELASTIC WAISTS FR AFTER THE BUFFET. I'VE NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE, BUT IF I GO WITH DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS, I'LL MAKE SURE I KNOW WHERE THE LIFE BOATS AND JACKETS ARE. HAVE A GREAT TIME AND ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL OCEAN & BEACHES! LOUISVILLE SOUNDS LIKE A REALLY NICE CITY - I'LL BET YOU'LL HAVE FUN!AREN'T THERE SOME AMAZING CAVES NEARBY -MANMOUTH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT? DILLY RUNS AROUND LIKE RALPHIE. THEY WOULD HAVE FUN PLAYING TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK CRAMMING FOR YOUR TRIP AND HAVE A PINA COLADA ON US JONI!
SORRY - CAPS LOCK BROKEN AGAIN - DANG IT!
LOVE,
MELECIA

Paul and Joni said...

Melecia, no need to shout...haha

Its official, I am going to Louisville. I just got an e-mail from my future boss who is already talking smack about the game this week because he is a BYU grad. I'm pretty excited and a bit overwhelmed. I'll be thinking of you guys...just a little bit...when I'm looking off the back of the boat with the ocean breeze tickling my tuft of hair.

Anonymous said...

I'm really jealous! Someday I'll have enough money to go on fun trips. I'll have to talk to the IRS and see if they'll take money out of your return and give it to me. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,