Once again I'm putting off homework to write about uninteresting stuff. Sometimes blogs are great and fun to write, and other times they seem like a burden. Right now is one of the "burden" times, but I know if I don't keep up I'll regret it later. Within the next couple of weeks all my final projects, presentations, papers, and other stuff is due. The days seem to go by too fast, so I feel like I have to schedule time to have fun.
Dilly was spayed last week, and she has definately let us know how unhappy she has been to wear one of those conehead thingy's all the time. When she sees that we feel bad for her she'll totally milk it and start shaking and pouting. It's pretty funny to watch because she is constantly running into stuff with it. I took it off today for the first time and she immediately started tearing around. I took her to the park while playing disc golf with a friend and she wore herself out rolling in the mud...she really is nuts, I wish you guys could see her. We were shocked to find out she might not get that much bigger, she is so small right now, almost like a big chihuahua.
I spoke to my future boss for an hour yesterday and I'm scared to death now about the types of things they expect me to do as an intern. He is a really nice guy though, and he's been with GE for most of his life. I'll be his right hand man (intern slave), while he runs four regions of the company: 1-South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile) 2-Caribbean (Puerto Rico and others) 3-Central America and 4-Mexico. He told me he wants me to simplify the HR process for all the GM's in these countries, as well as figure out the best ways to utilize company resources, and improve the communication processes yada yada....WHAT!?
I spoke to my future boss for an hour yesterday and I'm scared to death now about the types of things they expect me to do as an intern. He is a really nice guy though, and he's been with GE for most of his life. I'll be his right hand man (intern slave), while he runs four regions of the company: 1-South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile) 2-Caribbean (Puerto Rico and others) 3-Central America and 4-Mexico. He told me he wants me to simplify the HR process for all the GM's in these countries, as well as figure out the best ways to utilize company resources, and improve the communication processes yada yada....WHAT!? Joni is finally done waiting for the state inspectors to come, they came the last possible week they could, and Joni's department was the only one to get a 100% so she is feeling pretty cool right now. Its funny because now she is just bored at work all the time.
I am also starting the full time job search and it isn't fun at all. We really want to go back out west soon to be closer to family, even though we really like it here. I could easily find a job in Texas, but it becomes harder the minute you actually have priorities and you know how much money you would potentially give up to get there. We are getting to the stage that we want to live somewhere longer than a year, and hopefully buy a house with our own yard. So living in a place we can truly call home is on our minds a lot. Am I crazy to be 28 and want to start settling down? Maybe its because we are at such a different stage in our lives than most people our age, but we'll get there soon I guess.

14 comments:
p.s. did anyone else think "The Office" was really wierd and awkward last night? That was about as uncomfortable as watching "The Breakup".
I understand how you feel about wanting your own place. If it's any consolation, I was almost 30 before we bought our home. Kendi and I saved up for our down payment, and by the time we actually bought a place, we couldn't wait any longer.
Texas is hard to beat when you consider higher salaries and lower cost of living compared to the West. I guess you really have to weigh where you'd like to be.
G.E. was all over the news today. The stock was down like 15% because company earnings are 12% below expectations. Maybe your boss is trying to make you do the work of three people to save the company on overhead!
I have to leave another comment so I don't have to write another blog...I just had the best burger of my ENTIRE LIFE, in the best atmosphere, with the best fries EVER. An old rickety looking place with neon beer lights, wooden tables, peanuts, and country music. Anyone who comes to visit HAS to go there.
Wow, Paul, I'd like to come visit y'all and have one of those burgers right now!!
Good luck with finishing everything up--your internship sounds really challenging, but I'm sure you'll do great.
Dilly is a cute dog. I'm sure she enjoys being out of that cone thing. Poor little thing never gets to experience being a mommy!
Great job, Joni, on your inspection!
love ya,
Susan
Sounds like a good internship - you'll learn so much! Ralphie is getting fixed on Monday. We hope it will "cure" all that ails him, but I doubt it!
I also thought the office was really awkward and that everyone was trying too hard and overacting. Hopefully they'll get back in the groove. I still think Jim and Pam are excellent.
Good job Joni with your State Inspection! I know wherever you end up, it will be the right place for you at that time.
Love,
Melecia
That was a cute picture of Joni and Conehead. We're glad you continue to blog even when it's boring. We love to hear from you. Would you mind changing the dark red/brown background color on your blog? It's hard to read.
Good luck getting your final projects done. Time really does move fast. It's unbelievable that you are 28. I was nearly 30 when Melecia was born, and we had our first small house about two years later. We spent hours with our realtor trying to figure out how to afford living in a house.
My opinion is to take a higher paying job and get your job start in the best possible place for your professional development. There is a lot of competition in the mountain states, and you could eventually return as one who is very well qualified and be in more demand. Your internship is only four months, and your resume will look good with those ambitious projects. Embrace it. Time will pass even quicker.
We hope to meet you and Dilly the dog when it is likely we will be in Texas this August.
Love you, Dad
I had mixed emotions about "The Office" too. I think I built it up so much for the return that I was kind of let down. But I watched it again on the website and there are some subtleties that I missed the first time which made the whole thing super funny.
Wait... somehow I missed what state you will be doing your internship in; congratulations by the way!
You know you guys could always check out Denver, we love it here.
I am not a big animal lover but your dog is actualy pretty cute. I am very confused though at what "spayed" is and what that thing is around his head and what is in that little cup thing to the side of it. Something does not look right about it!
haha, thats funny. I guess that explains why so many people looked at her wierd when we took her for a walk. One guy thought it was for shade. Spayed is like neutered for males but for a girl dog, the vet takes out the female parts that makes puppies. The cone is so she doesn't lick the wound she had on her stomach. It sounds mean but with all those horny dogs out there, you have to be careful. Thats why Bob Barker always said, "Help control the pet population by having your pets spayed or neutered." I know...I bet you'll never see The Price is Right in the same way again.
Jaimee you make me laugh! You must really not like animals at all to not know what spayed is!
I love your new blog look and the title of this post is great. HELLO! you just got back from a week long cruise, you have to have some boring times. Some of us just have much more of it then others, so trips to the other end of the valley are like a cruise to us!
Thanks, Paul. The blog is readable and much more user friendly. Good taste. Dad xo
I dig the new look. Great color combination, and a perfect pic to start out the blog. Though I will not lie, I really liked your old theme and blog title, these colors are great.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment