Sorry about the title, I'm not dying. Because I am leaving for the summer on Saturday I have been trying to get everything ready for Joni before I leave. She told me the other day that she has never even picked up the mail from the mailbox her whole life, so you can imagine I am a little worried for her well being...just kidding, she'll be fine...but seriously I'm a little worried. So I am doing everything I can this week to make sure everything that can be taken care of is taken care of. Thats kind of why I feel like I'm preparing for things like I am dying, so that Joni knows what to do when I'm gone.
Believe it or not, we have been dreading this moment for several years. I knew once I decided to be in this program that I would have to complete an internship. We always hoped we would be able to go together, but for some reason I think we both knew it wasn't going to happen. What we always said we would "deal with when we get there" is now 4 days away, and I really don't know how to deal with being "alone" in a new place, let alone leave Joni behind. I keep asking myself why would it be hard? We'll see each other about every three weeks, but for some reason my heart aches a little bit with the thought of being away from Joni. I don't know how military families do it, Melecia do you have any advice? I keep thinking about the "refiner's fire", and how this summer of small trials could be a huge step in the right direction to making me a better husband and future dad. I am also excited to work in such a challenging environment, and I look forward to staying busy learning more about people and business. I'll do my best to keep posting my thoughts, and hopefully we'll be able to take some good pictures when Joni visits.
On a happier note, we took our first camping trip in Texas this last weekend. It was really fun and really muggy. We went with our good friends the Carroll's and stuffed our faces with tin foil dinners, cheap sodas, and ding dongs. We went out to Somerville Lake and rented a canoe for the weekend, and our campsite was right on the lake. Yes, we got Dilly a life jacket...and yes, she is terrified of the water. Joni got a good shot of her licking my entire face in one tongue swoop after I jumped in the water and came up to her to settle her down.




I wish we would have taken a picture of our new monster of a tent. It has three divided rooms and a doggy door, I figured if we're going to camp we might as well do it in style. Aside from Dilly being scared to death of some fireworks that were going off and relasing her "butt juice defense" in our tent the last night, it was a pretty fun little trip. Hope you all have an awesome summer, we'll be keeping in touch in every way possible.


12 comments:
Awww...that was a very sweet post. I feel bad for both of you to be away from each other. That is going to be hard I am sure, you two have so much fun together I am sure that you'll be so bored apart. I mean that in the best way possible. Work hard Paul and it will fly by.
You guys always seem to find great friends no matter where you go so I am sure you'll find great friends in your new place and you'll be leaving Joni behind with great friends to take care of here there.
Keep us updated. We love to hear of your adventures. Good luck!
Good luck in Kentucky this summer! Tell Joni I really want to come see her this summer! Paul, see if you can do anything about lowering those plane ticket prices... :-)
It's a tough time, but I'm sure a growing time for both of you. It's amazing how many little everyday things we just take for granted, isn't it? You have a great attitude about making the best of the situation. Given that, I'm sure it will actually bring you closer and increase your appreciation for each other. Melecia can offer great ideas, I'm sure. I'm glad you've made such good friends, and do hope that Joni's cousin comes to spend some time. If we can do anything to make the time speed by, let us know.
The camping trip sounds way fun. I love the little life jacket for Dilly - - had no idea they were made in such tiny sizes. Poor Dilly! If she's going to live with you two fun people, she's going to have to get with the program a little bit! She's really a cutie.
Take good care, both of you.
Love,
Mom
So, I find it interesting that you referenced to the refiners fire. I do believe it is actually Joni who is going to be going through that. Allow me to explain the major reasons that Joni is the one that must face the hotter fire.
1. While you get to run away to Kentucky, she has to deal with us all summer long, which could be interesting to say the least.
2. She is the one that will be bringing Dilly over to our house that will then have two large dogs to make her defense juiced flow.
3. She will be the one facing the unbearable heat and humidity of this place that I do believe that God has allowed Satan to control the weather through October.
So, while you are off having fun in Kentucky at that "job" you will be doing, we will be charged with holding down the fort here in Texas. I wish us all the best of luck
That was a great blog. One thing is for certain Paul - I never get bored reading your blogs.
That camping trip sounded fun. I could picture Dilly freaking out in the canoe and releasing the distress juice.
I'm sure being apart will be tough. I've been apart from Kendi and the kids for no more than 12 days at a time. Staying busy helps, but the time never passes quickly enough.
I keep remembering that Paul is leaving and my heart hurts each time I think of it. Everybody at work is scared to bring it up (it's kinda the office joke at the moment!) -- but I know we will get through it. Heck, we may even like each other more in the end. At least I will be in good company here in Texas!
Good luck Paul and Joni...you are a great couple and I can understand why it will be hard.
Alyssa thinks Dilly is silly in his life jacket!!!
Hey- if anybody can get through this with flying colors, it's the two of you! Without getting too preachy, I have found this time away from Rhett has helped me learn to do things I always depended on him for, which has helped me grow, and also helped me rely on Heavenly Father a lot more. It's really hard, and you'll cry some and miss each other like crazy, and just let yourself do that! It will strengthen your marriage because all those "little things" that used to annoy you about the other person - you just don't care about those things anymore and you are just so grateful that you are there, that they are alive and that you belong to each other! I blogged about it today.
Love,
Melecia
That was a very nice blog, Paul! You two will both be very busy and the time will fly by. It is nice that you will see each other every three weeks. That should help a lot. It is so nice that you love each other sooo much that your hearts actually hurt at the thought of being apart. That is about the sweetest thing ever!!! Think how sweet the reunion will be each time you get back together! Surely there will be a grandbaby announced after this separation!!! J/k
xo,
Susan
I join with the others in wishing you well. It looks like a good plan to keep seeing each other. Time will pass and you will look back on this time as a period of challenge and growth.
Love you, Dad
Just a little update:
I don't know how many of you heard but GE announced this morning that they are planning on selling their entire appliance division after having it for over 100 years. There is a very strong chance I could be transferred to Miami during my internship but for now I will be in Louisville. Its all kind of crazy hitting me at the last minute like this, so just pray that it all works out okay for us. My boss told me I still have my internship, but we're going to play it by ear as far as location goes.
I'm off on another adventure, love you all.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment