This is the best I could do as far as pictures go, no camera around these parts. I went to a par 3 golf course this morning, and it was really fun. I actually paired up with a 67 year old guy who golfs all the time, and he gave me some great tips.
I'm going to New York this week for work, it should be exciting and draining all at once. Its fun to meet new people but when you are constantly in the "getting to know you" portion of conversations it starts to get old. It will be a fun trip, and even though I'm not a sucker for being "wined and dined" its still fun to feel important. My internship is wrapping up and it has felt pretty good to complete some projects. If I get offers I'll know in the next couple of weeks so we have a lot to think about as far as our future is concerned.
I had a crazy car experience this week, here's a tip the next time your engine light comes on:
I took my truck to Auto Zone because they will do a free and quick engine code check to let you know why the light is on (Its not always accurate, but it helps). So I found out I needed a new O2 sensor, and after finding out it would cost about $100 for the part, I took it to the shop to have them replace it. Of course they wanted to do their own diagnosis, which is fine, and they found the same thing. Only difference is...they wanted $900 (not including labor) to replace both my sensors.
After pooping my pants, I took a deep breath and explained to him how much the part was at autozone (working in retail helped me realize that pissed off customers rarely get what they want, they just look stupid and regret being mad later). I said calmy that the price was unacceptable, and I asked if I bought the part on my own that he would replace it and I would just be charged for labor. He actually said "yes" which was a surpirse because most mechanics won't do that. Only problem was could I have offended him, and because of that, would he do a half hearted job?
So, when I got back with the part I talked to him and made sure he knew that I didn't want to offend him, but that I was needing to save some money. We ended up talking about life, hospital bills, and Mexican food from El Paso for 30 minutes.
Bottom Line: Use the Golden Rule, and always find out how much car parts and labor cost before trusting a mechanic.
Thats another one of my goals that may come in handy one day:
I want to restore a muscle car, preferably a SuperSport, anything late 60's model...I just need to learn how to do it...I'm serious about this one, I want to take some classes or something. There she is...


5 comments:
Good lesson for all of us, Paul. It's so true about customers shooting themselves in the foot, so to speak, by getting upset. Sounds like you handled everything perfectly - - -and made a new friend as a bonus!
Have a fun time in New York - - although I'm sure it won't be nearly as fun as if would be with Joni. You're in our prayers that you'll get the job offers you both seek; I'm sure the future is bright for you two.
Love the muscle car. Jim volunteers his expertise. That's always been his dream, too, but he leans more to the 50's models.
Was the 3-par the one we saw at the college? That looked way fun - - -and reasonable. Was it that same guy you golfed with?
Love you lots.
Mom
Yeah same course, and same guy. He is actually really good, shot below par. He just wanted someone to golf with. The course is great to work on your short game.
Me and Jim will have to work side by side, and we can work o his Chevy and my supersport.
I enjoyed our talk yesterday. You continue to impress me with a good combination of wisdom and humility. I believe you have much in your favor as you begin to negotiate your future job possibilities.
I look forward to playing golf with you before too long.
Love, Dad
So yeah, when you get back to BCS, we will have to get you back into DISC golf. That "actual" golf stuff is for crazy people. Oh wait, yeah I guess you can still play that too.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment