Chicago was awesome. The Taste of Chicago was fun but really crowded, come to think of it, the whole city was pretty crowded. When we first got there we walked around to all the booths and tried samples from lots of restaurants.
We must have walked 25 miles the whole trip. We spent the first day exploring the parks, and buildings downtown. The second day was spent on the "magnificent mile" with all the shops and cool places to eat. We ate deep dish at the famous Pizzeria Uno, we waited two hours to get it but it was worth it.
We also went to Greek town and tried a place Rachel Ray suggested to us...we are buds.
The morning after the 4th, we couldn't find many places open to eat breakfast, so we got some sandwiches and ate on the steps of the Art Institute.
We must have spent 30 minutes at this giant metallic lima bean thing, it was fun.
We ate lunch on Friday on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building (much cheaper than dinner). I don't think we took a second to relax, we did more in two days than most people probably do in a week. It feels like I cheapened the trip by just putting a few pictures in here. Some people are good at telling a story with pictures, but I prefer writing about it...oh well, I'll let you use your imaginations. We took tons of pics, and saw so many awesome places. We are going back in a month for the Cubs/Cardinals showdown at Wrigley.
It was great having Joni here for 10 days, I'm excited to get back to Texas soon. Five more weeks and I'm all done.
Here's a look at the Taste of Chicago before it got really crowded...I think Joni was happy to be there.
Here's a look at the Taste of Chicago before it got really crowded...I think Joni was happy to be there.

9 comments:
What a great week/weekend! You and Joni really DO know how to stuff a few days full of fun and good things. Sounds like you really did some research, and it paid off. I'm glad you had such a good time - - -except for the crowds, of course. Gee, that "long" internship has gone relatively quickly because of your good management. We're proud of you both.
You guys took the Ferris Bueller tour: the art gallery, the Sears tower, and singing Danke Shane at the festival... wait.
Sounds like fun. I love Chicago pizza!
Glen
That was a fun filled time together. You have organized your internship time so very well; it all passes by so quickly, especially when you look back. You are my hero.
Love, Dad
Very fun! I love the pic of Joni with her glass of water overlooking the lake. I would love to see the cubs play, and the art institute! Sounds like a lot of walking!
Love,
Melecia
Oh, Paul, you called it! Jesse got the girl!
I can't believe you guys didn't go to Navy Pier. That was one of my favorite things about Chicago.
I agree with everyone, it seems like your internship has gone by really fast. It will be so fun to see where this next year takes you guys. It would be great to us if you were close but also awesome it you went some place new for us to visit.
Glad you guys had a good time, world travelers!
I was totally shocked that she picked Jesse. Who knew ugly guys had a shot...to be with a crazy chick...I guess it makes sense.
We did go to Navy Pier, twice, and we had the best cheesy caramel popcorn EVER. I told you we went all over but I didn't feel like making a travel journal...even though I kinda did, and it was even boring to me.
We really experienced a week of Chicago in 2 days and it was awesome.
That looks like one very busy, very yummy, and very fun weekend. Joni is so adorable in that video.
Love,
Susan
Looks like you had tons of fun. I love the picture of Joni getting ready to run. (The one she took of herself). It's Joni all the way, just the way I remember!
Post a Comment