Monday, June 30, 2008

This is what happens when you leave Joni at home alone with the camera. I liked this picture, I'm guessing she was getting ready to run but was delaying it as much as possible. The best part about it is that she was all by herself when she took it.

We went to Churchill Downs again, but this time it was different. We were invited to sit in the GE luxury box on the 5th floor, we had to get there through the "VIP" elevator. Our box looked right over the finish line and we had an awesome view of the town and the horses as they came down the stretch.

We decided instead of Nashville we are going to Chicago for a couple days for the 4th. They are having the Taste of Chicago festival where over 65 of the best restaurants in town are in one place for us to sample at the park. You buy tickets like you do at the fair, then you use those tickets to sample food instead of going on rides. Its free admission and its supposed to be one of the best fairs Chicago has every year. There is supposed to be an awesome fireworks show, we are really excited to be going, especially Joni since this is her first time and it involves food sampling. I have a 4 day weekend so the time off will be nice.


Joni brought me a funny video of Dilly who I miss a lot, turns out from the looks of this video, she actually does remember me.

P.S. Hope I don't spoil it for anyone, but I hate to say I told you so on the Bachelorette. My final pick is Jason, but I can't help but cheer for Jesse too. If Jeremy would have gotten a rose I would have watched the finale while eating a big tub of ice cream.

10 comments:

Maude said...

Ah, that's so cute about Dilly - -waiting for you at the front door. And you were worried she'd forget about you????

Once again, I'm jealous about Churchill Downs. Hmmmmm - - maybe I should give my bucket list to you and live the experiences vicariously.

I agree - - -last night was sad, but predictable. Her head and heart were in different places with Jeremy. I'm afraid she's going to choose Jesse and be sorry. He's a nice guy, but a bit of a flake. I've decided I shouldn't watch reality TV. :)

Maude said...

P. S. This should make you feel better, Paul: I was listening to ESPN radio this morning, and Joe Buck, well-known major baseball analyst, said he watched "The Bachelorette" instead of Monday night's baseball games. :)

(By the way, he was also raving about how much fun it is to go to Wrigley Field. Have a ball in Chicago, you two!

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Chicago - that "taste of Chicago" sound so fun - I would love that! Churchill Downs also looks fun! Joni - you are gorgeous, even when you're trying to be scarey, and someday soon Paul will be walking through that door, Dilly! Ralphie still sprays in the house - What to do?
The Bachelorette - we watched it last night and the five guys over for a sleepover with Garrett were also getting into it. My favorite is Jason, but I'm with you Paul, Jesse is a good person. I felt bad for Jeremy though. So should we get a little tub of Ben & Jerry's for next week - somebody's heart will be sad! Next to reading my scriptures & meditating on spiritual things, the Bachelorette is my third favorite thing to do (jk). Have a great day!
Melecia

Paul and Joni said...

Is it just me or is it totally not cool that both guys have to propose...and then one will get totally denied? Why not tell them before they get on one knee, they'll have to live with the fact that they proposed to a girl and she denied them the rest of their lives. The past couple of weeks I'm starting to think that DeAnna is pretty lame, she's a little bit mental too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that I can't contribute to the Bachelorette talk, however I'd like to tell you Paul that I had to take a second look at the picture of you....I thought it was Glen, but then when I looked at it closer I couldn't help but notice how much you look like Steve too. I guess you got a bit of a combo of the both, sorry age does bad things to a person. OK I was TOTALLY joking. Glen and Steve are both great looking guys!

That really was a sad video of Dilly.

Andrea said...

I did not see the rejection of Jeremy coming...well, at least not until the destination date. Come on man, open up!! I was so mad that she denied him for the Peter Pan Jesse. He's a good guy but not a grown up. So my money is on Jason as well. DeAnna is getting on my nerves, she is all intense and outspoken and then she wonders why these guys are scared to talk! I love it!

Have fun in Chicago! Tell Joni, Hi and she needs to email me!

Andrea said...

I'm dumb, I wrote that really late at night...I meant to say that the show drives me crazy, but I love it! :-)

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Joni is one of the most unpretentious gals I've ever known. I love the picture! I'm glad you got four days off to be with her full-time. Taste of Chicago sounds great; wish we were with you. It will just be one more month and you, Joni and Dilly will be home again. Time has been flyning right along. I'm glad you commented about Deanna being lame. What happens in the show when the multiple male choices turn out to be sharper than the bachelorette?

Dad

Devin said...

Ok Paul, its me again. I apologize for not replying sooner to your post on my blog, but I've also been busy starting an internship with the city of Boise this summer. I want you to know that I've spent the past hour catching up on your latest posts (I know, productive intern huh?) but its been pretty therapeutic because I know how you feel somewhat with Joni gone. Sarah and I have been apart a lot this summer too, internships will do that to you I guess, but at least I've been able to live at home and be with my family. I feel for you though, that's lonely. But at least you get to be in a cool place like Louisville right?!?. We spent 3 days there (as you know now from our blog) and really enjoyed it. Sarah's cousin is in dental school at the university. Oh, and I highly recommend Lynn's Paradise Cafe, you need to take Joni there the next time she is in town. It was featured on the Food Network and is a real quirky, kitschy place. I would suggest ordering the Hot Brown - a Louisville specialty, but I've heard that everything is good.

Anyway, this post really is going somewhere, I promise. I hope you enjoy your 4th of July weekend in Chicago with Joni. That's really fun. Taste of Chicago is fantastic, you are lucky to be there for that weekend. Too bad the best record in the National League (sorry I had to add that) Cubbies are in St. Louis this weekend.

Finally, a somewhat embarrassing confession, we love the Bachelorette too! I spent Monday night watching it with my mom. We've liked DeAnna since her appearance on the Bachelor with Brad because she was a true southern belle and greek no less! Anyway, my money's on Jason winning this thing although I think he's waaaay too cheezy. I like Jesse the best, I think he's the most respectful but he needs a real job. Jeremy was way too boring and needed more in common with her than dead parents. So I guess they all have their flaws, just like relationships in real life. Hey maybe there's something to this reality TV afterall...

Hope you're not asleep by the end of this marathon post. Hey Chicago whaddya say, the Cubs are gonna win today! Go Cubs Go!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,