Sunday, August 24, 2008

Austin City Limits

My two girls watcing me at the driving range, Dilly has a crazy look in her eyes because there were people all over the place swinging big metal sticks at little yellow balls...and she was expected to remain calm the whole time. After driving across the country we decided to take a day trip to Austin, which really is a cool city. We talked our friends into going with us, and we all agreed it was worth a trip back soon. Austin definately lives by its city motto: "Keep Austin wierd".
We decided to try out a disc golf course there, we're really not that fanatical, but its a good excuse to walk around after spending an hour at "sample days" at Whole Foods Market headquarters. There was a really fun looking river with a diving board that we are going to have to go to the next time. Here are some random pics of the Austin experience.



So school starts tomorrow, I've been laying low the last week or so playing golf and laying by the pool reading books, its a hard life. I am going to try to take up swimming because the running thing is hurting my knee and I can't seem to get rid of some lower leg cramps I've had. Other than that we have just been really happy, we have a lot of great friends here that have kept us busy.
I got a priesthood blessing from my bishop just because I haven't had one in a very long time and we have so many big decisions in our lives coming up. Its amazing to me how inspired people can be to say the right things. My personal testimony has grown by leaps and bounds lately, and I haven't felt this excited about spiritual things since my mission and I feel good about the direction Joni and I are headed. We constantly miss our family and friends all over the place, but I am totally confident we are in the right place, and that we'll make the right decision about what job to accept. Keep on bloggin'

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, welcome back to the blog! Good luck at school tomorrow!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I really enjoyed your blog, Paul. Good luck in school today. You are wise to seek a Priesthood blessing. It does make a difference.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

I love reading about all your adventures!! You are a great couple..and will do great where ever you land.
Good luck in school...the end is almost here!!

Maude said...

Wonderful - -and inspiring blog, Paul - - although I'll have to say it wasn't enhanced by the hairy guy! Yuk! I've been to the water park with Melecia and family a couple times this week, and have seen several torsos just like that - - or worse. Sounds like a very fun trip to Austin!

Love you,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Just ran across your blog and thought since you are starting back to school I would give you a little education on something I saw posted. It appears that you are poking fun at "University Baptist Church" for posting "Improv" on their sign - the "e" has been left off for a reason - because "Improv" is a word. Improv means: act in which the actors improvise a situation. I'm sure that any fine Aggie professor could give you more information about this word if you'd like.

Paul and Joni said...

Scary, I never thought about random people I don't know checking out my blog and leaving a comment. I wasn't making fun of the church, just thought it was a funny sign. But thanks for the advice anyways...aren't blogs great?

Andrea said...

I thought it was hilarious that they were promoting Improv at the church. Sort of like a "Who's Line is it Anyway" meeting.