Joni would strongly object to me posting about one of Dilly's destructive habits, but she's in the family room taking a nap and I am bored so let me tell you a little secrect. We call Dilly the black widow because every night at about 10pm she "goes to town" on her little stuffed animal. Once she is satisfied (after about 5 good turns), she tries to tear her toy apart and eat it. The funniest thing is that she lets the toy take advantage of her, if thats possible, by always being on the bottom, and since she is always on bottom her motions cause her to roll around in a perfect cirlce while on her back. I would love to post a video but I thought that would be innapropriate, so I get to describe it in detail instead and be innapropriate all on my own.
The whole reason we got a female dog was to avoid this type of problem. She has even been spayed, but for some reason the devil comes out in the middle of the night, and the devil is a little female rat terrier named Dilly. When we take away the toy or refuse to buy her a new one, she insists on treating my harry arms in the same fashion. In fact, whenever I talk on the phone she gets jealous and gets into "happy mode". When I tell her "no" she gets mad and barks and/or pouts. 23 hours a day she is sweet, cuddly, playful and all kinds of fun, so I guess one hour can't be too bad right? Despite all of her imperfections we love our little dog, but all I can ask is that our kids don't have any late night rondezvous with their favorite stuffed animals like Dilly does with hers. In the meantime, I'm off to the store to find Dilly another mate.

6 comments:
It sounds like Dilly needs a rubber chew toy so she can not continue the idea it's okay to destroy her toys. She's really cute, but has a look of doggy mischief. Have you done any trainig with her to sit, stay, heel, etc.? I'm amazed how much our dog Molly responds to me when I'm tough with her. I think dogs like the alpha male thing. Some of her habits are next to impossible to change, however. Oh well, we love 'em.
Dad
She hates rubber chew toys, and she sits and stays...sometimes. Terriers are pretty independent, we watched a show called America's Greatest Dog or something like that, and the rat terrier on the show was the same way. When tempted with distractions the dog wouldn't give heed to anyone.
Oh man, that is so funny! Thanks for a good chuckle. Nice coincidence you bought a stuffed dog that looks like hmmmmmm... just like Dilly.
I'm sure it's instinct and not some doggy mental disorder you should worry about. If it were me, I'd probably let it slide unless it starts getting out of hand. Different story if it's your kid. :)
Glen
Paul, what a cute post about Dilly! What is her new toy? I agree with Glen that is probably pretty normal - - -even though she's female - - -and instinctual. (Have you ever notice cows (no bull around) in the field? Same deal.)
She is indeed way cute. And I guess one hour a day is tolerable! (The Bewitching Hour?!)
Thanks for the fun!
love you,
Mom
Man - we have a hefty bag full of stuffed animals she can have! I think that is hilarous that she is always on the bottom! Tou need to get her a real rat and see what she does with that! Ralphie still comes in and finds a spot to pee - when will this ever end, or will it? Great blog!
Love,
Melecia
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment