I hate not keeping up with my posts because then when we do memorable stuff it all just piles up into one jumbled mess of a blog, but thats kind of how our lives feel right now too. I was a sack of jelly beans for halloween (see pregnant picture below), Joni was a nurse (we didn't have time to find real costumes), and Dilly was a Bumble Bee (her little nub as we call it made the perfect little stinger).
Wish we had a better picture of the costume...poor dog...but hilarious
We went to Austin last weekend because I lost a bet to Joni about her show Grey's Anatomy...long story. We had fun seeing more of the town, we ate on a rooftop down on 6th street and watched all the people go crazy and get mad when Texas (the former #1 football team in the nation...haha) ended up losing to Texas Tech.
We played the funnest game, its like shuffle board but involves smaller disk thingy's and sand. We were cheering when Texas was losing...in our minds...cause we didn't want to get beat up.
Joni went to Philadelphia for one day last week to help her sister get around for a job interview. They were able to see some cool stuff and eat some cheesesteaks, I guess she was pretty satisfied (and I'm guessing thats Root Beer she is "stabbing" her forehead with). They were there during the World Series so they came back saying they are now Phillies fans.
I went to Boston for a couple days this week for a second round of interviews. I drove by Fenway Park and Harvard. I thought it went really well and I was really impressed with the company, but I wasn't extended an offer. The feeling I had was like when you have a crush on someone back in high school, then you find out they think you are retarded. Oh well, I still have an offer on the table but that is a huge mess by itself right now. Another long story but I spoke to some people from the company yesterday after I was pretty much ready to accept and a friend of mine in the company suggested I keep looking to make sure there is nothing else out there...that made me want to run away from the situation fast. They are on a hiring freeze because the business I am supposed to work for may be sold and incur massive layoffs...Yeeeeaaaaaaah, sounds like fun.So I have a potential offer on the table, but I am frantically searching for any last minute options during a time that has probably been the worst time ever to find a job. Your prayers and suggestions are always appreciated.
Back to the positives...I'm not big on politics nor do I enjoy discussing them, but I am very excited to have our new President-Elect. I think whether you love him or hate him, his leadership is exactly what the country needs right now, I hope to see our country improve as I know it can with a change of scenery in Washington. Speaking of which, President Bush is speaking at my commencement ceremony in December, I am excited about seeing another President in person. I have seen Bush the first at a couple of football games.
So there you have it, I told you we are a jumbled mess right now, we'll keep the updates coming.

10 comments:
Paul,
I'm also really excited about our new president, and what it says about our nation voting him into office. I really hope your job hunting turns out successful. You're not alone in coming up against major hiring freezes and company buy outs - there are many people here in that boat - with no paycheck! You will be in our prayers! Joni's trip to Phili looks really fun, as does your trip to Boston. You guys are hitting the major cities! I'd like to hear that story about Austin and Grey's Anatomy.
Love,
Melecia
Love the costumes! Very creative!
-Melecia
Not to be a downer...if you are a candidate for a position with a large company like the one you mentioned, you may not want to post information about said company that may hurt your reputation with them. Company's are getting in the practice of checking public blogs of employees and potential employees.
I think I'm the only one in our family that voted for McCain. I agree that by electing Obama, it shows that most people don't judge a person by the color of their skin. That's encouraging. I'm not excited to have him be our next President by any means. But I do wish him well.
Dilly's costume is great. Is Andrea getting a job in Philly? That's cool that Joni got to go visit. That's my old stomping ground and I went to visit a few years ago with Kendi.
Glen
Good idea with the sack of jelly beans that is funny!
Me and Tyler love that sand suffle board game! That is so fun. It sounds like you guys are having fun there and traveling around. Hopefully we'll see you soon!
Hey Pablo, its Devin. Yeah, the job market is not exactly encouraging right now. Hopefully things turn a little more optimistic in the next 5 months but by that same token, the economy could go even farther into the crapper and things could be even more bleak in May. We'll see. In any case, things will work out however they're supposed to, right? They always do. Listen to me, I sound like your mom :). Keep us posted (and by us, I mean your blog audience) I'll be interested to see where you guys end up.
Yes, Devin - - -you do sound like his Mom! I know, 'cause I are her - - -or am she - - -or whatever. Thanks, though. You saved me from feeling the need! :)
Love the Halloween jelly beans - - and although I don't ususally approve of dressing up dogs (puh-leeze!), I have to admit she's pretty cute. You're in our prayers about the job situation. It's a scary time, but keep the faith. I'm sure you'll find the right job. (Oops - - I'm treading on Devin's territory now!)
Love you anyway. You're in our prayers.
Mom
Sorry I'm getting to this a little late. The job situation is tough for all of us right now. I think I'll have at least a part-time job for a while. Hopefully the retirement investments will come back within the next thirty years! I plan to live to one hundred. I'm also pleased with Obama. We are in such a mess economically I'm not sure any President will make much difference for some time. He and his family remind me of the Camelot days with the Kennedys. Obama is brilliant, cool, and gives hope for change we need. I hope all this contention about politics dies down and we can become a stronger nation and world.
Love, Dad
We love all your Halloween costumes...very creative!!
Good luck with the job situation...we're all praying things get better here soon.
We're hoping to see you at Christmas!!
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment