Just a couple random recent pics, we are loving this beautiful fall weather here.So today was somewhat of a momentous day for us. I finished a big portion of my school projects, now I just have a couple of finals to go in a couple weeks and I am done. Hard to believe this could be the end of the road as far as school is concerned, but I will never rule out going back because thats just something I don't know yet. I officially accepted my offer with GE today, I'm actually pretty excited and I know its probably the best situation for us right now even though we want to start "settling down" one of these days soon.
I have been offered several different locations, 6 of them throughout the U.S. (KY, CT, PA, IL, NC, OH...how good are your state abbreviation skills?) and two locations in Puerto Rico. We can't consider PR yet because Joni isn't licensed to work there but we are strongly considering going there for 8 months within the next couple of years. We are leaning towards Connecticut right now which is about as opposite a place as Texas as you can find. I have to admit it is hard to pass up living in a place 2 hours from New York City and 2 hours from Boston, except moving from Texas to New England in January should be interesting. We feel pretty blessed and pretty lucky to have these types of opportunities while we are still young.
We are going to see Twighlight this weekend, Joni got hooked and read the entire series last week so now I have to go see what all the fuss is about this Edward the vampire wonderguy.
We are getting very excited to see family and friends in the next couple of months for the holidays, and at the same time we are sad to be leaving great friends and expereinces in Texas. My entire blog life started when we moved here 2 1/2 years ago. I never thought we would have so many opportunities to go to new places, so the excitement definately outweighs the sadness. I know updates can be boring sometimes, but they are updates nonetheless. Since we will be living near "cooler" places to visit we hope that you will all continue to feel welcome staying with us at anytime, we love playing host. Thanks for all your encouragement, thoughts, and prayers. See ya'll soon.

Found a better picture of Dilly's Halloween costume...rediculous but funny


6 comments:
That's really wonderful about your new job! Conn. is very close to us - we can get there in an easy day's drive. I've heard it's beatiful there, and more fun things for the two of you to do! We're going to Twilight tomorrow. It sounds like your experiences in Texas were really great. We're happy for you!
-Melecia
Congratulations for wrapping up your schooling and locating a great place to live and work. We now are wishing we had stayed in NY so we could see you more often. We're excited to see you next Thursday! Susan is excited about seeing Twilight with her friends on Saturday. Let me know if you think I'd like it. Eric and I saw the latest James Bond movie on Monday. It was action packed, and a very different Bond actor than the usual. Those are nice pictures. The one of Paul and Dilly is funny!
Love, Dad
Congratulations on the job and for finishing up school. Been to Boston and NYC several times but never Connecticut. I've heard good things. All the best! We look forward to seeing you guys in December.
Glen
CONGRATS! That is really great on the offer acceptance. Tell Joni I'm definitely coming to visit, especially if you're that close to NYC. Great Job!
OK...you dress up like a pregnant balloon animal, dress up your dog like a bumblebee princess and went to Twilight which I hear is 99.93% for female audiences.
....are you shaving your legs too?
Your manly brother is funny! Ask him about sunbathing in his garage. I think both of you have lost it.
Post a Comment