For the first time in a long time we went to Colorado to see family there and enjoy a little Thanksgiving madness, its been 4-5 years since we visited Longmont. We played some football and managed not to have anyone end up seriously injured or dead...which is good. We did a lot of "hanging out" and had a lot of fun just laughing, playing games, talking, and eating leftovers. I wish my dad could have been in the picture with his goofy tall hat but I guess someone had to take the picture. A lot of people were getting over some bad colds so it was a bit of a sick-fest, but nothing like the puke-fest we had a couple years ago in Ashton.
Ryan's wife Ali has a fun little program on her computer that distorts your face and makes you look really creepy, we had a lot of fun playing with it, but apparently its just as fun to watch how people react to the different faces.
We all went around the table to mention what we were thankful for before stuffing our faces, and we managed to smile after feeling uncomfortably full.
And how would a trip to see family be complete without playing a few video games?It was so refreshing for us to be with loved ones and it made us a little sad that we are moving even further away from family soon. We really enjoyed being with everyone and it was a little strange being with so many people during the holidays without a single kid or baby in sight. Sometimes all the attention is given to little kids (and rightfully so cause they're cute) but it was nice to focus on each other and get to know each other better. Having said that, we are really excited to see our beautiful neices and nephews soon. Great, I probably just got myself in trouble with that one. I love little kids...I also love "adult time".
This is pretty much my last week to crack down on school to try and salvage my current GPA. It has gone by so fast and its still hard to believe its all coming to an end...and that I'll actually be a Master of something. I'm trying to do that, having started 2 different John Grisham books that I don't want to put down. Its great to be back home and with our little Dilly, she went berzerk (spelling?) when we picked her up. We are happy to have had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we are looking forward to Christmas soon.

7 comments:
Good job on the blog, Paul. We really enjoyed having you with us. Both of you bring so much sweetness and joy to our family. I'm glad you could see Ryan and Todd again and could meet Ali. There's a special energy with all of us when we get together that makes great memories. Good luck in your tests, you packing, and getting ready for the BIG move.
We love you so VERY much!
Dad, Susan, Eric and Hannah
Sounds like you guys had a fun time. I didn't know it's been that long since you've been to Longmont - now I don't feel so bad. :) Just kidding Dad - we like to come as often as we can.
By the way, I went out and bought a new Playstation 3. I mostly bought it for the Blue Ray DVD, but Carter and I have been playing it WAY too much. We've got to set some ground rules.
We'll see ya'll this Christmas and I'll try to keep our kids quiet for you.
Glen
We loved having you guys here! It was so much fun. Thanks for sharing your holiday with us. We can't wait to see you again.
Love,
Susan
Hey Joni, this is Erin. It sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving. Will you be coming to Vernal anytime soon? I was just thinking the other day about the time that we were all staying the night at my house (when we were in high school), and for some reason you were left outside by your self in my van. The rest of us were in the house writing sings and showing them to you through the window. You had a pen as a weapon and were ready to attack at any minute if necessary! I don't know why that memory came to me, but I laughed when I thought about it! You are great! I hope you come to Vernal sometime soon.
It looks like lots of fun and laughs. One thing with no kids - no cranberry jello smeared all over the carpet or a trail of mashed potatoes up the stairs. I've seen that computer program with faces - it's really funny! I hope Dad feels better from his cold. We are glad you'll be out here soon!
Love,
Melecia
It looks like you guys had a blast! Hopefully you won't catch the yucky cold that seemed to be floating around there.
Glad to here Dilly was so happy to have you back.
I understand your feelings about children, especially ours. Have you taken road trips with us? You might want to reconsider another alternative!
Looks like a great time!!
We all understand the "adult" thing...we love our kids but it's nice to be with the grown ups every once in a while!!
We're looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
Post a Comment