We had a pretty productive Saturday...slept in, messed up some sourdough pancakes that turned out really gross, finished our taxes (Turbotax rules!), renewed my passport, and finally got rid of the last bit of our moving trash...all before 2pm. Days like this are great, now we can spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and doing whatever it is people in Connecticut do.
I found out this week that my company is sending me to London for a week in April, how cool is that?! I'm going to try and fly Joni out ahead of time so we can spend a few days over there exploring, anyone have any bright ideas of what we could do in 3-4 days? Everyone has been asking about my first week on the job and I don't really know what to say because its not that exciting. I have a big office (which surprised me) and I sit next to some pretty important people...which has its positives and negatives I guess. I spent most of the week reading up on stuff and giving myself a first-week orientation since my assignment leader has been gone all week. Its fun to "decorate" the office a little to make it my own by putting up pictures, but that only lasted a couple of minutes. I can't wait to get into the full swing of things and really know what I'm doing because all I can do right now is pretend. There is a really cool hot chocolate machine that I like to play with in the break room...well not really "play" with, but its yummy. Come to think of it, it doesn't sound like I did a whole lot this week, but I really did I promise.
We have met a lot of new people, and we really love it here so far. We can't wait until it gets warm enough to go to NYC and Boston because right now its just too cold to be outside for more than a few minutes. I'm going to try and post a video of our place from the outside, we'll do one of the inside another time if you are interested...if not, we'll do it anyways.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Of course it will be interesting to see the inside of your place. It was fun talking to you on the phone at the same time this blog came out. Your job and your new friends sound outstanding. I'm glad Joni is enjoying some time away from nursing home staff nonsense. The London trip and your exploring your new environment in Connecticut and surrounding states is a real positive perk. I don't think you could have chosen a better location for your first job. Keep up the good work.
Love, Dad
Thanks for sharing the video of where you live. It helps to picture you in your home and it's fun to see what your street and house look like. It looks like a really great place! That is so fun that you get to go to London! You should definitely see a play! I've never been, but I can ask around for fun things to do there.
Enjoy! It's snowing here---the end of our really warm spell, but it sure is pretty!!
Love you guys,
Susan
I walked in on Glen watching your video last night. He sure had a smile on his face.
I'll have to watch it when I get a minute.
Hurry and post the inside of your house too, it sounds really neat.
You sound like you are already enjoying work. That's great!
Has Joni found anything yet?
Joni, be careful doing your laundry! Yipes, I would totally fall face first down those stairs with a load of laundry in my arms. I can't wait to see the inside of your house!
Fun place, Paul and Joni. Thanks for sharing. It's easy to see why a large sofa would be a problem - -those are wild stairs! It all looks very fun and "New England."
The London trip will be awesome. Jim is making a list of the "best" things to do on a short visit, as is Robin. I'm sure you'll get so many ideas, you'll still have to pick and choose.
Love you.
Mom
Your place looks very cute, and you guys do look cold! That's cool that you have a nice office, and a hot chocolate machine too-awesome! I'm excited that you guys can go to London. What fun! Say hi to Dilly!
Love,
Melecia
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment