Dilly's favorite hiding spot is inside Joni's laundry basket, tucked away behind all the hanging clothes. She also likes my laundry, but only to pee on in the middle of the night (happened twice). Since most of you are never going to meet our dog (so it seems) I thought I'd entice you with some pictures of how adorable she is.
We like to look out the window and watch squirrels...that is until people think I'm staring at them and then it gets a little creepy. That is a blanket wrapped around me by the way, not mounds of lard, although I am quite impressed with how big my booty looks.
We had a very "chill" weekend compared to the last few weekends we've had. I seriously must have laid on the couch wrapped in a blanket playing with Dilly the whole morning. It was a very eventful day though, as one of our good friends was baptized, and he had a big BBQ afterwards to celebrate. Nothing makes you look more nerdy than wearing a white jumpsuit, our friend Jake on the left baptized another friend, Keith on the right.
We have met some awesome people while out here, really good, social, happy people. Although we'll only be here for a short time, I think some of the friendships we've made while here will last a lifetime. We all seem to be at similar stages in our lives, and its great to share so many things in common while all our families live so far away. Keith has been such an awesome example to me, and it was amazing to see him be baptized and later bear a powerful testimony as to why he decided to take that step. I always wonder how I might have reacted to the church if I wasn't born and raised in it. I like to think I've lived that experience through Keith. When Keith stood up in front of everyone, he thanked everyone for giving him the time and space he needed to make his decision, especially his family. Then he testified that he knew the church was true, and that he was greatful that a guy like him was given a second chance on life. I haven't heard a stronger testimony among many people who've been members of the church their whole lives, it was a truly awesome experience.I have had a lot of "moments" like that lately that have helped me to grow on a spiritual level by leaps and bounds. Joni and I are constantly reminded that we are where we are for a reason, and we have never been happier. I don't mean to get all spiritual on everyone, but sometimes I just can't help it. I don't expect eveyone to believe what I do, but I'm not ashamed to say how happy I have been when I have let a greater power influence my life.

6 comments:
Thank you Paul for sharing some of what's in your heart. I always feel close to you when we talk or when you write in your blog. Dilly is a great source of comfort and makes us all smile. Those are cute pictures and I hope some day to play with him.
I'm having a similiar experience to your Keith experience with a young woman we are now teaching named Ashley. She is a geologist and has many questions about the church. She doesn't like to be pushed, and likes to be satisfied that she gets her own answers to life's great questions. She also questions some of the misunderstandiangs many people have about the church. We have had several meetings where there are tears from testimony and the feelings we share. There is an inner peace developing within her that is wonderful to witness. There is nothing quite like seeing your Keith or our recently baptized Johnny Duke whose lives are totally blessed because of their good decisions and growth. As ever I'm pleased with the depth of feeling you have. I'm so glad you are happy and that you miss being close geographically to your family as we miss being close to you. I can hardly wait to see you this summer.
Love, Dad
It's neat to hear experiences like that. Everyone has their own spiritual journey. I became close with a guy in our neighborhood named Kyle, a young man in his mid twenties. He had explored many religions, was very intelligent and had a strong desire to find truth. By embracing the gospel, he made a lot of changes in his life and his happiness was contagious.
God gave us one thing that's truly ours - our agency. When we decide to put God's will ahead of our own, we find true happiness. I know that to be true.
Glen
I'm really happy about your friend getting baptized and your spiritual growth. I think it's great to "get spiritual" on us! I'm glad you have so many good friends. I've thought we should do more to be social outside our fam - you're good examples of that! So you should just let Dillie stay outside after peeing on your laundry - poor Ralphie has to stay there most of the time because he is a peeing fool. I like your "chill" morning, and it does look like your a crazy man in a blanket looking at the neighbors.
Love you guys!
Melecia
Paul thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Sometimes I'm afraid to write about what occurs just because it seems so personal and I don't want people to take lightly what we feel is so important in our lives, so thank you for being brave and sharing!
We think Dilly is cute! We do hope to meet her someday!!
Thanks for sharing, Paul. What a nice, and very powerful story - - -about the baptism. It's good for us all to hear stories like that, and to take time to comtemplate our own experiences, thoughts, and feelings. You and Joni are a blessing to many people as you move about the country, I think.
Dilly is one cute little dog with a very BIG personality. Can't wait to get to meet her. I think she's also very fortunate to have found such good "parents."
Love you very much.
Mom
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment