Thursday, May 7, 2009

I (Joni) decided to give Paul a break write a blog this week. We are super lucky to live in Connecticut, even if it's only for a little while, because there are so many fun things close by. I LOVE having visitors and last week I got to see two friends, Andrea and Christina, from Utah. Here are a few pictures from the time we spend in the big apple.

Here we are hanging out by the central park boat pond (as seen in Stepmom according to Andrea/movie trivia genious)


Gotta have a hot dog in Central Park. I was sad here because I realized I only had 1/2 a hot dog left and I was still hungry. Then again, I'm hungry all the time now a days!



We were crazy enough to roll out of bed at 4:30 am to get to the No Doubt concert on the Today show. Gwen is that blurry blonde figure to the left. We got pretty close to the stage because we were so early, but it was still difficult to see being only 5' 2 and 3/4". I took this picture while they hoisted me above the crowd.




We were only a few feet from Matt, Merideth, and Anne.

After the Today show we decided to go on a 3 hour boat tour around the entire island. It sounded like a nice break after standing on the street at the Today show for 2 1/2 hours. Here we are at the beginning of the boat tour all peppy and excited...



And here we are about 2 1/2 hours into the tour...



It's not that the tour wasn't moderately exciting, we just were a little too ambitious after waking up SO early. We all slept for a solid 15 minutes! Overall we had a blast in the city. We saw all the sights, went to Chicago on Broadway, and discovered a heaven-sent bakery near our hotel from which we all bought mulitple pastries. We went back several times during the trip - even in the rain!



Back in Connecticut we had fun too. We ate at Plan B, my favorite gourmet burger place.

Apparently West Hartford isn't quit as entertaining as NYC so we were thinking of stuff to do one night. Both Christina and I braved a shot of pickle juice (a bet) in order to get free ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. I found out pickle juice is acually kinda good.



When we got back from the city Paul had a fresh batch of stuffed french toast ready for us. What a sweetie. Dilly was excited too and decided to make a little puddle every time Andrea touched her. It was good to know we were missed. It was awesome to have a girl trip!

Just so everyone knows Paul is still going strong on his nightly push-up challenge, even when he has to do them at midnight!

Bye for now...

Joni

11 comments:

Christina W. Cook said...

I read about the pushups...It's too funny Paul did them for 10 bucks, from you, so basically he paid himself 10 bucks.....:) NYC was so great!

Harvey Family said...

Hey, hope things are okay and you are feeling well :)

Your trip sounds like so much fun! Someday I'm going to visit the East Coast... someday.

Paul and Joni said...

I recorded them on the Today Show, it was weird to be getting ready for work and seeing Joni on TV...although it was only a couple of seconds. Joni is an official NYC pro tour guide, it was fun having visitors...even though Andrea DID make Dilly pee every time she touched her for some reason. Thats never happened before.

Paul

Anonymous said...

I laughed at the before and after pics on the boat. You are really energetic to get up for the today show! I wish I could have seen you! Sounds like Andrea is like the "Dog Whisperer". You'll have to show us your favorite New York Places someday soon.
-Melecia

Andrea said...

I just have the magic touch. I'll help you potty train your ankle-biter when he/she is ready! PS: I had no idea you got that shot of me on the boat! How embarrassing!

Jenny Moore said...

I watched Today the day No Doubt was on...I guess I didn't look close enough to see you.
Always looks like fun!!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I gave up on the push-ups after about ten days. My other workout routine is enough. That's nice that Paul had food for you and your friends when you got back.

Those were nice pictures, very ambitous itinerary, tired, hungry, but FUN! I'm glad you could enjoy your friends with so many super activities.

Love, Mike

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I just think it is so cool that you live two hours from NYC!!! I remember when we went there with you and you thought it would be so fun to live there and now you are pretty much living the dream! That's so great that your friends came out to visit you and that you are getting to know your way around the city. New York street hot dogs are pretty wonderful!

Susan

Maude said...

Sounds like a way fun trip, Joni. You are definitely a fun hostess. Sorry I missed you on the Today Show; next time you'll have to warn us to watch for you.

The boat trip made me laugh. The photo at the end could be labeled "hitting the wall." Pretty funny.

Happy Spring!

Love you lots.

Mom

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

Anonymous said...

keelkcylultk [url=http://bit.ly/elancreditcard]elan credit card[/url] esbwgsmanYzpl