I was going to post one of the ultrasound pictures, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can't make out a single thing in the picture. But from the video in person we could see the iris' of her eyes, her face, her spine, her beating heart and little hands and feet. It was truly an amazing experience. Right now she weighs about 10 ounzes and her head is about 1 1/2 inches wide. She is due November 1st, and the doctor hasn't been wrong about the sex in over 20 years.
Joni and I were a bit surprised to be honest as we both thought it would be a boy, but this past week we've both had dreams about having a girl so it kind of threw us for a loop. So there you have it, I've always wanted a little girl that looks just like Joni, so as long as she doesn't come out with a giant dome and a receding hairline we'll keep her.
This past Friday and Saturday we met Joel and Erin up at Lake Placid. It was only four hours away so we kind of invited ourselves when they told us they would be there, so thanks for letting us crash your party guys. Lake Placid is a cool place, it reminds me a lot of the typical mountain resort town with old buildings and big expensive houses. It was also the host city to the 1932 and 1980 winter Olympics. We walked around and saw the sights, and one of the highlights was sneaking into the hockey arena where the "Miracle on Ice" occurred. I say sneaked in because everything to see costs money there, but for some reason the arena didn't cost us anything. 




We took a row boat out on the lake...

17 comments:
Who-Hoo! Congratulations, Mom and Dad! I didn't have a feeling one way or another about what it would be, but I'm excited! I'm sure you'll be blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl who will be the perfect combination of both of you - - -and will not be bald after the first year! :)
Thanks for sharing the wonderful news.
Lake Placid looks totally gorgeous! What a fun trip. I'm glad you got to relax and spend time with Joel and Erin,too. Looks like you managed to have a marvelous time even though many of the attractions were too expensive.
By the way, happy anniversary, you two. Have a great one - -your last one sans children!
Love you lots.
Mom
CONGRATS!!! I feel like I need to open my own palm reading booth since I called it even before I knew Joni was pregnant! You definitely need to get to Sharon, VT. It's beautiful in the fall!
I wonder if the other part of that dream will come true, too...
We are so thrilled for you three! You are going to be such an adorable family--you already are, but your baby girl is going to be just the right addition.
Lake Placid looks and sounds like it was really beautiful and fun. Too bad places like that think they have to charge money to see everything! That's fun that you got to spend time with Joel and Erin.
Love,
Susan
A girl! Congrats! Andrea WAS right eh? That is wonderful....
That is such great news. You will adore that baby - I know you already do! So we'll start shopping, which we enjoy doing for baby girl deals at the outlets. Your trip to Lake Placid looks great! We've been there and visited the ice rink where the Olympics were held. Are you going to be the next bobsled team for the next Olympics? Joel and Erin look good too. Again, we're happy for you!
Love,
Melecia
YAY! Congrats. I am an idiot. Somewhere I missed the whole, "Joni's pregnant" post or whatever. I am SUPER excited for you both!
Congratulations you guys! My hunch was that it was going to be a girl, but don't ask me whose going to when the next Super Bowl. It won't be Denver.
Lake Placid looks very beautiful. Glad you had a good time.
Glen
Yeah and Congratulations!!
We love girls!!!!
You'll be wonderful parents!!
Hooray for Girls!!! Seriously when Paul was talking about having a little Joni running around the other day it was SOOOO sweet it had to be a girl after that.
Congratulations. That is real exciting.
We're so excited for you two! I can't wait to see your little baby bump at the family reunion :)
Thanks for calling when you knew it was a girl. It's really exciting news! It seems perfect to be able to have another little girl in our family of so many boys. That will make nine granddaughters and three grandsons. It doesn't get any better than this.
Your time with Joel and Erin looked and sounded enjoyable. I'm glad some more of our family members are able to see some of the great places in the eastern part of our country. We look forward to see you in August.
Love, Dad
What the ?!?! I didn't even know you guys were expecting! I'm so happy for both of you... Girls are so much fun to dress, just in case you were wondering! :)
Congrats guys! That's exciting... Keep us updated on the rest of the pregnancy! Hope you're feeling better :)
YAY!! That really is so exciting! Congrats. your baby will be so cute no matter what!! we are so excited for you guys!
Girls are SO much fun! I'm excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment