Saturday was one of those days that we just didn't want to end. It all started with a round of golf, although I'm not very good it was fun anyways. Mike and I both lined up for the last hole (a par 4) and smacked our drives right onto the green. I ended up with a birdie on the hole, so even though I stunk up the other holes it was an awesome end. The girls were eating breakfast together while we were out so when we came home, we finished up what they couldn't...awesome food. All of the wives are pretty close, they have book club together and every time someone has a birthday they have breakfast together.
Then we decided to go to a swimming hole that we found by accident a few weeks ago. We saw signs that said "members only" but since Mike is the friendliest guy I know, he struck up a conversation with a nice lady on her front porch and she ended up inviting us to be her guests. We parked the car behind some bushes, and thanked our new friend Sarah for the invite. The lake has a nice little beach and a floating dock about 50 yards from the shore that we swam out to and laid on for most of the afternoon...did I forget to say we stopped to get slurpees on the way out there? It was so fun to not think about anything else but what we were doing in that moment. Thats the sign of a great day. We finished it all off with some steak and rolls with cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse. And what would the perfect day be without a little Dr. Mario at the end of it?

Its so fun to look back on "the best days" of our lives, but its also easy to forget that we can still have those days anytime we want right now, that's what weekends are for. Come to think of it...we have had so many of those types of days lately. This has been a very busy July for us, for work and church callings, but most of all spending our free time with good people, family and friends.

We have decided to move to North Carolina over Kentucky this time around, although we'll probably end up in Kentucky by next May. We are very excited to have made a decision, and we feel its the right one which is all we can ask for. We should be moving over Labor Day weekend in September, off to another part of the country we've never been before. Thanks to all who have come to visit recently, my mom, Joni's Dad and family...we love having visitors and playing "guide". Other July highlights: Printing our first Blog book (looks awesome), 4th of July fireworks and BBQ, finding a bunch of baby clothes for cheap at a tag sale, visitors, finishing our new wooden rocking horse, and Joni giving a beautiful talk at church, and check out Joni's first layered cake. Happy early birthdays to Joni on the 22nd and Melecia on the 23rd!

16 comments:
I'll thank you in advance for expanding my travel boundaries. Can't wait to come visit you in N. Carolina! Happy b-day, Joni! I have your present but lost your address, so txt me!
Wow - - what a nice blog, Paul. Your description of your "perfect Saturday" reminds us all to get back to the "kid" part of ourselves more often. (Maybe poor advice for me, right, since I do that about half the time anyway?) What great memories/friends you've made during your short time in Hartford. Awesome.
I'm sure North Carolina will be great for you. Any Hey - - you're about half way between Melecia and family and Atlanta, where Steve and family will likely land. What's this with all the children moving to the South, anyway?
I add my thanks for the tour time. Love it. Love you.
Happy Birthday, Joni - - -and gorgeous cake. Wow! We'll call.
Always,
Mom
Just so everyone knows, I didn't make myself a birthday cake - it was for our freind Kimi :)
Joni
Friend.
-Joni
Cool pix! I can do a backflip on the trampoline but for whatever reason, I can't do one off a diving board or dock. I'm afraid I'll hit my head a la Greg Luganus. Remember that?!
Sounds like you guys have had a fun summer.
Glen
That does sound like a perfect Saturday!
Thank heavens they happen every once in a while...they make the best memories!
Glad we'll have some family in the South!!! ya'll
That is so fun to have such great friends EVERYWHERE you go. I am sure it makes it hard to leave but I don't doubt one minute that you'll find good friends in the next adventure also.
Where in NC will you be living?
I went there about 12 years ago. It's beautiful and very lush with all the trees. I visited in the middle of the summer so let's just say I was in a bit of a shock at the humidity and heat.
Looks fun. Those are always good times.
Good luck in North Carolina. Why are you moving so much?
We will be moving to the Raleigh-Durham area, probably in a small town. We have to move 3 times in the first 2 years for my work, not ideal but we enjoy it for now.
Devin is going to be so excited you're moving to the Raleigh-Durham area. It is only about 2 hours from us in Richmond and I have a sister there so we'll be there a lot. And of course Devin is going to need a Duke buddy.
You just missed my nephews, Adam Braithwaite and Chris Brady and their families in the Raleigh-Durham area. They both did their residencies at Duke, but have moved on--Adam to Cali and Chris to San Antonio! They really loved it there a lot. It is so beautiful. We got to go to the Outer Banks one time when we were living in New York. It's very fun and just a short drive for you.
You two do know how to have fun and make great friends! They are going to miss you as much as you will miss them, but you will find great friends wherever you go and great adventures.
Love,
Susan
We want a piece of that cake! You're right - using free time to do the things you love is the best. You caught summer perfectly with that back flip picture. I think you helped teach our kids to do the backflip too!
North Carolina is so close - We love that you're moving there! Happy Birthday to Joni tomorrow!
Love,
Melecia
happy Birthday Joni! ha ha I wasn't fifteen but close! I was 20. Are you getting excited to move? I hope everything goes well!
I am sad I missed swimming in the lake. It looks like it would have been a lot of fun. Great looking cake!
You are the great fun-lovers of the universe! Your happiness is very contageous. We love your happy faces. Happy birthday to Joni. Happy days ahead in North Carolina and Kentucky. You are making many good memories. I'm glad you are making a book of your blogs. They are treasures.
Love you,
Dad
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment