Saturday, August 22, 2009

Utah 2009

We loved this picture of Carter flying a kite on the beach

Cecily buried...but protected from the wind

Joni, Rhett and Olivia made some homemade hummingbird brew that attracted some hummingbirds. Too bad they are so fast we didn't grab the cameras in time for a picture (the birds were fast not the mad scientists). The brew consisted of melted sugar, otter pops, twizzlers, and water. Joni thought it was weird that Joel, Rhett and I shared a blanket while star gazing at night...now that I just wrote out that sentence I guess it does sound strange.
Carter loves bugs...Dad and Susan striking a pose...speaking of striking a pose, check out Bess and Cecily...this one reminded us of a high school dance. We told them to pose and Cecily went to town posing, then Bess really got into it. I mean really got into it...hahaha


For some reason this picture reminded me of the African ladies who carry baskets on their heads while trekking through the water...sorry Joel.
Glen and Rhett laughing it up after dunking my Dad in the icy lake

Last week we were in Utah, and we were able to see some of our favorite places that we haven't been to in a while. After spending the first night in Salt Lake we stayed in Logan, we love that place. Honestly, if there were more good jobs there I would move to Logan in a heartbeat. We met up for Todd and Kimiko's wedding, then we showed the newest Aggie Madison around campus. We were still used to Eastern Standard Time because we couldn't sleep in. I woke up at 6:45 and took a jog through Logan and ran down along the ridge by the temple, brought back a lot of good memories.

Thursday we went up to Bear Lake and spent a couple of days with some family at a beautiful cabin. We had fun just hanging out with everyone and playing at the beach. The water was freeeeezing and it was really windy, but we still managed to have fun. We played a lot of games, sang some songs, did some skits and never quite got onto a good sleeping schedule so by the time we were done we were completely exhausted. Joni had a rough time because she has been so tired lately, but we really enjoyed getting to know some family we don't get to see often, and those who weren't there were missed. Thanks to Glen and Kendi for being our personal taxi, and Bed & Breakfast...and thanks to my Dad for the cabin.
After Bear Lake we spent a day with Joni's family in Evanston, Wyoming. Joni actually took this picture there that turned out really well. You have to have an eye for beauty to find something like this in Evanston :) Joni's brother Ryan has always wanted to paint a picture on a pregnant belly, and since his wife never let him do it, Joni was the guinea pig...NBA theme and all...

It was good to see so many people we love, we wish we could have seen more of you but the trip just wasn't long enough.

13 comments:

Maude said...

Fun pictures, Paul. I'm glad you had such a good time, and hope you are all rested. Trips and family get-togethers aren't usually about rest, that's for sure.

Joni is one VERY good sport to let her male relatives create art on her pregnant tummy. It IS quite a work of art. Joni, you get the blue ribbon for putting up with that - - -with your usual beautiful smile!

Love you both.

Mom

Jenny Moore said...

I'm glad you got to go and have a good time. We were thinking about you all wishing we were joining in the fun!
Joni is a great sport to let someone paint her tummy!!
She is sure a cute pregnant girl!

Christina W. Cook said...

PRetty good artwork. I had a big belly at Halloween and wanted to paint a pumpkin on it. Never happened. I'm jealous!

Moore Family said...

What a great trip that was! It was good to be able to see family that we haven't seen in a long time. The pictures are awesome - can't wait for Kendi and others in the family to post more.

Poor Dad. Rhett and I totally demolished him. I was only trying to dunk him but when I tried to get up, I was standing up on his big barrel chest and the old man almost drowned. Sorry Dad!

Glen

Rachelle said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go to Utah!! I bet you're glad right now that you are not prego in this Texas heat and humidity!!! Love the painted belly, it is awesome and really looks like your holding a basketball in front of you!! Totally cool!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That basketball belly is amazing!!
We had so much fun with everyone at the wedding and reunion! Thanks for coming all the way out. Your pictures are great!!

Anonymous said...

I love the Cecily/Bess poses, and your brother is so good, I really thought at frist that you were holding a basketball!
Love,
Melecia

Andrea said...

The belly-ball is the most awesome thing I've seen. Joni's brother should open a booth at the next county fair. I'm sure he can make some bucks with that talent. :-)

The Nannie Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had whereever you went. I love that basketball belly also. Great job.

Harvey Family said...

Looks like a fun trip and Great belly shots! Love it!!

Thanks for your comments on our blog. A good friend of mine was the same size at 4 months as I was at 9 months, so from seeing the funny looks she gets, I do know where you are coming from. She is also expecting her 5th, so I guess she is kinda getting what the two of us are combined! It is amusing all the things strangers feel they must say :) Hope things are going well for you and you are feeling great!! You look amazing - really.

The Paulks said...

K, is that picture of Joni's belly for real? That is so freaking cute! I love it! Nick tried to paint a baby elephant on my stomach when I was prego, but I wouldn't let him... :)

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It has been tough getting back to post notes on the blog, but here I am. We thoroughly enjoyed being with you at Bear Lake. I'm sorry it was so exhausting, but it was fun, and we'll have many good memories. We're thinking about you and praying for your adjustment to the big move this Labor Day weekend. I'm interested to hear about Paul's visit with Steve and Jenny's family in Atlanta. Let's be in touch after you get settled. Hope all is well with you and your package in waiting.

Love, Mike/Dad

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,