Monday, September 28, 2009

Chahlston

We made one last " long" road trip before our little one gets here, headed down to Charleston (you have to say it with a huge drawl) to see Andrea. Once again, I was shocked to find another place I never knew existed that is absolutely beautiful. There's a ton of history there, and downtown Charleston is one of the most unique places I've had the opportunity to visit. I have to say though, North Carolina still beats South Carolina in beauty overall by a long shot. Enjoy some more pics. Pictures never do a place justice, we needed to do the 360 view on a couple of these waterfront houses. You could see Fort Sumter and Cooper bridge from here, as well as a couple of battleships and an aircraft carrier.Sullivan beach, I wish I would have brought my swimmingsuit.
My pregnant belly...or just Joni standing behind me.Rainbow Row, the houses here are required to be painted specific colors and it can't be the same color as the one next to it.
Candy apple anyone?

We took a tour of the hospital where the baby will be born. I have to admit I don't like hospitals very much, and I got a little light headed when we were standing in the room where it will all happen. Reality hit me hard, you know that unmistakable sterile smell means you are in a place where big things happen. I've always seen hospitals as a sad place, but my friend Mike helped me put a new spin on it with his always positive attitude. Hospitals are places where miracles happen, and where people are humbled enough that they have to put all their trust in someone other than themselves to get better. So although I don't feel completely confident, I feel better thinking of hospitals in that way.

Yesterday when my hand was on Joni's belly I felt the baby's heel press hard against my hand, and I moved it about four inches across Joni's belly before it dissapeared. It was so crazy, I also felt her hiccup for about 5 minutes, she is so close to being here. Joni is at 35 weeks now, I think she's doing great and I think she is a lot tougher than she thinks she is.


Thanks for all the birthday wishes and presents. Aside from having our identities stolen it was a pretty good day.

11 comments:

Jen said...

jones can you send me the bike pic? i'm a little in love with it.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bennyc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bennyc said...

Great pictures!!!! Let's see whose belly wins in the side by side in about 20 years!

This is Christina by the way. I'm on my husband's laptop so...In case you are confused as to who Ben is..

Brooke said...

Yeah - the bike photo is fabulous! Charleston is on our list of places to visit one of these years... :)

Maude said...

Wonderful photos. Wow. I love the bikes and the bird - -and the beach one with the grass and . . . they're all good.

We're all so excited about the baby. Thanks for sharing some feelings manay of us find familiar.

I sure hope the identity thing gets worked out. Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Love,
Mom

Jenny Moore said...

Those pictures are awesome...the
South does have some unique beauty. We're excited to explore and visit.

What happened with your identities being stolen? So sorry. Hope it works out alright.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Great pictures. Did you take them or did Joni? I've always wanted to see Charleston, now even more!

What happened to your identities???

Susan

Kendi said...

Ah...the life of the world travelers is coming to an end! How sad but how exciting for you have coming. Babies are so fun and we're excited for you to experience ALL of it!
Love the pictures.

Good luck on the whole identity crisis stuff. Glen explained a bit to me about what you told him but I would also like to hear more about it. I probably should be taking better precautions with things myself!

Tyler and Jaimee said...

Wow! I love the pictures from the city. You guys always go to the coolest places! Some of those houses on the beach are huge! I really like your house and how its decorated as well. Looks like your all ready for the baby. I am excited to see all the pictures when it comes. Good luck with it all!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,