Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where the buffalo roam

Hey everyone! Joni here. I decided to post some pictures of our place. I have to admit I was pretty worried about sending Paul off to find it all on his own, but he found the perfect duplex for us. Yes, it is out in the wilderness of North Carolina where there are no sidewalks and the nearest Urban Outfitters is a 18 mile drive, but I'm pretty darn proud of his choice. At first I thought the total quiet surrounding our house was eerie, but now it's growing on me. The sounds (chirping) and smells (nature, with a hint of buffalo) that I experience each morning walking out the door make me feel like I'm camping, and I love it.

This is deck off the side of the house. It's weird because there are no stairs that go down to the ground - but also perfect because Dilly loves hanging out there all day, and I know shes not going to run off chasing a squirrel.



Here is the front view, complete with a wooly mammoth on the front porch.





In a few days I will be 34 weeks along!!! I went to my new doctor at UNC hospital last week. He immediately made me feel reassured, answered all my questions thoroughly, and was super nice (a far cry from my previous CT doctor, but thats a different conversation). We still have no idea what the little bean's name will be. We used to try to figure that out, but after changing it so many times we decided to keep a list of ~3 names and pick from that pool when we have to. I don't know why girl names are so HARD for me! Any last minute suggestions?

Going to any store with baby clothes is a BAD thing for me right now. The brilliant merchandisers don't have to work hard to convice me my baby will NEED a ruffle dress in every color with booties and a headband to match. Because I know this about myself I have to take extra caution to avoid the baby section, and I decided to make some cute stuff on my own. I have to give a shout out to both Jen B and Kendi for introducing me to the world of Etsy. I found some super cute onsies on there and decided to try my hand at hand-crafted baby clothes. Here are a few of the onsies I made this week... sorry for those of you who have already seen these.




Here is the monthly belly picture for those of your who are a fan of globes.


And finally, a video tour of the inside of the house. Enjoy :)

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, my friend, you are SO cute! Love the belly pic. Your little onesies are adorable!

Maude said...

Love the new home. It doesn't even look like a duplex, and is really, really nice - - -and decorated cute, as usual. The "wilderness" looks awesomel. When do we get to see the bison?

The WM belly is cute as ever, and I do love the onesies. Very clever, and much less expensive than Etsy, I'm sure.

Love you. Have a happy weekend.

always,
Mom

Jenny Moore said...

Love the house! How did you get it so organized and cute so fast? Seriously girl...slow down!!
Your onsies are darling!!
Yeah, on 34 weeks, you're almost there!!!

steve said...

Nice place. Looks like it will be a fun location.

On the baby naming, no advice....but.... I can tell you that we are 4 for 4. We had favored names each time...those favored names all changed to other ones when we actually met the new babies in person.

Natalie said...

You are soooo adorable!!! I can't believe how big you are ( said in the nicest possible way!!!) You look soooo cute I love it!!! I am glad you like your doctor and the clothes are adorable you will have to tell me how to make them!! I love hand crafted stuff! I hope labor and delivery go smoothly for you and Girl names are tough, but I always like the names Evy and Brynn happy pushing :)

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Your house is so nice! Love that it's out in the woods. It looks like you have always been there not just for a couple of weeks! You two are seriously amazing at this moving thing! Your onesies are sooo cute! You are a talented gal! It's so fun to see your baby's crib all set up! We can't wait to meet her. I read the birth annnouncements in the paper every week and these are the ones for this week for baby girls:
Aramae Rose, Alyssa Anne, and Larkyn Elizabeth. You'll come up with the perfect name once you see her and hold her!!

xo,
Susan

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

ps loved the photos that your dad took! He is a fantastic photographer! You are following in his footsteps and are really good yourself!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour. What a cute place and I love the trees, deck, and outside! I hear you're right in the middle of the buffalo mating season - did you ever think you'd live on Bison Lane listening to the buffalo mate?
I'm really glad you have a good Dr, and you still look really cute. Your onesies are really cute too - good ideas! We'll try to come visit you and the fam in Atlanta soon.

Melecia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour. What a cute place and I love the trees, deck, and outside! I hear you're right in the middle of the buffalo mating season - did you ever think you'd live on Bison Lane listening to the buffalo mate?
I'm really glad you have a good Dr, and you still look really cute. Your onesies are really cute too - good ideas! We'll try to come visit you and the fam in Atlanta soon.

Melecia

Joel said...

Your place looks great. I'm excited for your baby (I'll bet you are more excited, though)!

The Nannie Family said...

Wow, I am behind the times sorry about that. Your house is wonderful. I love where it is located. Good to hear you have a good doctor. Your belly shot is great. Have fun and thanks for the tour.

Jen said...

Bathroom's not quite as "artsy" this time, but still nice.
-Mike

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,