We were talking the other night for some reason about things we wanted to do before we die, and we actually found out some things about each other that we didn't really know. Funny thing is that we can see how much our priorities have changed since we were young. We no longer feel like we have to experience every little random thing, like jumping out of an airplane or eating the hottest chili pepper in the Southern hemisphere. Our priorities are...well...I'll just show you:
Joni:
Buy a house (or live in a house for longer than 8 months)
Go to Europe
Go to the dentist (I know this one threw me for a loop, but Joni has been terrified of the dentist ever since she worked for one)
Fill a picture book with professional looking photos (she's already started that one)
Run a marathon or complete a triathlon
Get back to a size 4 (pre-pregnancy weight)
Become a good cook
Go body boarding again on a beautiful beach
Paul and the Moore bro's to sing "It's Allright" by Huey Lewis & the News (long story, and random, help me out Moore brothers)
Paul:
Flip a house (for you non-HGTV fans, buy a house, fix it up, and sell it for profit)
Buy a SuperSport (60's or 70's muscle car)
Travel to...Italy, Spain, Asia, the Great Pyramids, the China Wall
Pay a big favor forward to a random person...like the movie, could be anything
Learn Italian
Write a children's book
Build a house/cabin
Ellie:
Find a way to poop in the toilet by 4 months old
Sleep 12 hours a night for the next 18 years
Learn to ski
Have a full-time job by the time I'm 11
Ok so these are not Ellie's personal goals, but did you learn something new about us?
Whats on your bucket list???
Ellie is doing fantastic, sleeps through the night, loves to snuggle and look around. She just started giggling this week and we will do ANYTHING, including acting like complete idiots, just to get her to giggle again.
She is 24" long, 13.4 lbs, and has the most squeezable little cheeks you ever saw.
Joni has lost 45 pounds since Ellie was born. Dilly and I played in the snow all weekend as we were stranded in our home, and we've all been craving Mexican food and cheeseburgers constantly lately. Waiting on another snowstorm tomorrow and crossing our fingers we have power.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Bucket Lists
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I know where I am coming to live after I have this baby. Joni can teach me the ins and outs of taking weight off FAST and Ellie can teach the baby how to sleep like a champ and use the toilet, all within 4 months.
Pretty amazing stuff!
I LOVE Bucket Lists! I think they have a wonderful way of keeping us positive and focused on LIFE! We did indeed learn some things about each of you - - -even about your dreams for Ellie! Our Bucket lists are similar on a couple things.
Congratulations, Joni, on the weight-loss. That's awesome. (Remember Mosiah?) And Ellie, we're proud of you, too. You were starting to get the idea of sleeping all night when I was there, so mission accomplished on that one. I'm sure Mom and Dad are thrilled.
We've been reading about your big snow. Is this the third one this year? What in the world is going on? The west is having warm temps and less snow than normal, and you Easterners are getting dumped on! Crazy. Hope all goes well; take care! I guess this particular Sunday wouldn't be a terrible one for Church to be cancelled.
Love you all,
Mom/Gram
First off I just have to say that I'm jealous that Ellie is sleeping through the night...I think our babies have defective sleep genes!
Congrats Joni on looking so great!
I love your bucket lists, you're right, priorities change as your life progresses...I want another trip with just my husband!!
Good luck with the snow...we're in the pouring rain and wind. Hopefully you'll stay warm and dry!
That was a fun blog (once again)to read. My bucket list is to remain faithful in the gospel, enjoy season tickets to Broadway shows, get good at golf, not have to work in a crappy job, and beat my friend Roy more often in racquetball.
Love, Dad
Ellie is so beautiful! She has such pretty eyes and like you said such squeezable, kissable cheeks.
Joni, you are amazing for losing that much weight so fast! How did you do it? I can't seem to be able to lose the 3-4 extra pounds I added over the holidays!!
Great bucket lists! Especially Ellie's! I've always thought it would be fun to flip a house too! Travel to Europe is on my list, have some grandbabies live nearby, live near water (ocean, lake, river, stream--doesn't matter)
Thanks for making us think a little bit! I think the biggest thing on my to do list is to be big time grateful every day and whine a little less and do a lot more for others!!
love ya,
susan
I'm stealing one of Ellie's. I too want to sleep 12 hours a night for the rest of my life. For some reason my kids won't let me.
I love buckets lists! that is awesome! ELlie is soooo adorable I love her squeezable cheeks too :) Way to go Joni 45 pounds!!! I think I am going to gain more with this one because I haven't been able to exercise due to some issues I have been having... Oh well she's worth it! I will have to add to my bucket list that I would like to get back to pre prego weight too...
Thanks for sharing the bucket list, I am inspired to think about my own. Ellie good luck with your list and congrats to Ma and Pa Moore on sleeping through the night.
Wow, Paul. I wouldn't have ever guessed on a couple of yours. I guess I don't even know you. Erin and I kind of played this game last night (what do you want to do or have happen in the next year).
I loved reading your bucket lists! That would be awesome if Elly could reach some her goals like pooping in the toilet by four months!
I cant believe Joni has already lost that much weight that is awesome! Whats her secret?
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Who cares if she lost 45lbs? There are lots of women out their with fertility issues who would just be happy to have a baby, and wouldn't obsess about losing weight, and surely wouldn't want their husbands posting it on a blog.
Post a Comment