Our whole plan to change the world one person at a time, one month at a time, is not going as we hoped it would so far. We won't give up so easy, but its funny how things have gone. For every person we have gone out of our way to help, we've had people go out of their way 3 fold to try and make our lives miserable. Ok so thats a bit of a stretch, but its just been one of those months it seems people are out to get us. Some lady even pulled over while driving to criticize Joni while she was jogging with Dilly. Who does that?
I don't want to leave North Carolina with a bad taste in my mouth, this place is so beautiful, but people just seem to be so cold here at times. I know a lot of really good people here, but in general I just don't like the vibe I get. Does that ever happen to you? We've lived in a lot of places and this is a first for us. Maybe telling people we would only be here for 8 months was a mistake? I don't know. As the visiting teaching supervisor Joni gets snapped at all the time by women in the ward, but since we're moving its not worth bringing up. I can't help but think about the Book of Mormon, and how entire cities could be filled with pride and hatred while others thrived by being righteous and Christlike. Anyways, I Don't want to discount any of the good experiences we've had. We will miss this place like all the rest, but it won't be as hard to leave this time around. Our next options are between Atlanta and Colorado, thats right I said Colorado, so we'll keep ya'll posted.
Ellie found her hands a while ago, and now she is starting to find things and grab at them. We think she'll be ready for rice cereal any day now. She can actually grab onto the bottle and pull it out of her mouth. Funny how excited we get to see the smallest little progress she makes. That reminds me that Joni and her sister made a list of "things that make people look like idiots" years ago, thought I'd share a couple of them:
1) Watching people interact with babies
2) Watching someone get attacked by a bee
3) The threat of having a rubberband snapped against your bare skin
Can you think of anymore? My dad has his own category including sticking his finger in a fan, skiing down a black diamond without any skis, and stubbing his toe.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry to hear that things aren't so good in NC...why did the woman criticize Joni? Was she just jealous that she is so darn cute and looks so great after having a baby? That's the theory I'd go with!!!
We would love to have you in Atlanta but we totally understand the want to go west!!!! Good luck!!!
The lady decided to inform me that I was doing Dilly a "real disservice" by jogging with her because she heard it can be bad for dogs joints - which can be true - but she didn't realize that my slow jog is the same as a normal person's fast walk (I know this from trying to keep up with Paul when he is in a hurry). Also, I usually take Dilly a mile or two and it is the ONLY time she can get out all that energy. The last thing I want is an agitated dog home with my baby all day! Anyways, it made me super mad at first but I got over it. I just wish people would mind their own business.
:) Joni
Don't give up on the goodness!! Every ward has it's own personality, and maybe this one has some "history" of which you're unaware. Meanwhile, just keep wearin' them down with kindness,for however long you have. I remember Bishop Steele (great ward, by the way) once saying, "Blythe, we don't know what to do for you and your family except just love you." My answer? "That's all that's needed and required, Bishop." Just love 'em!!
Another "silly" to add to your list: People trying to talk or eat when their mouths have been numbed at the dentist's office. And while you're giving credits to your Dad, he has the "being stung by bees" one down pat as well. :)
Love you lots.
Always,
Mom/Gram/Maude
I'm crossing my fingers for Denver! I'll add "people talking on Bluetooth" to Andrea's list. I know I'm a big fool when I am with babies.
I can relate to your comments about being around people who are negative, apathetic, or aloof. One nice thing is there is always a nice result when you admire someone and you have the courage to tell them you admire them. It takes a long time to make a true friend. We've lived in Colorado for close to forty years and real friends are still small in numbers and great in depth and loyalty. All the other grumps of the world don't get to me so much when I have a true friend or two. You've got the right idea about exercising Dilly. Dogs are like people too, they need to get out of the house. We're keeping our fingers crossed that you'll make it to Colorado.
Love you much. Dad
Post a Comment