Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We took one last trip to DC to see the city and the Jefferies, did I spell that right? Last time we were there it was freezing and rainy in January, so the sun was a welcome sight.
We took the Metro into Arlington cemetary and hung out there for the morning. The place is way bigger than I thought. The graves were all divided up into the different wars in our nation's history. I think the one big thing I got out of it was the magnitude of how many people died serving our country. It was wierd to see so many people walking around and touring a cemetary. There are many famous and influential people there, but now that they have all come and gone, the memory of the unknown soldiers is just as powerful as the most famous leaders.
We thought this picture was funny because of the fingers...maybe it was funnier while in the cemetary.

Usually we get to see quite a bit in the cities we visit while walking around, but DC is so spread out we were completely exhausted after seeing just a few of the main sights.



So many people were taking pictures of their feet looking up the Washington Monument, we thought the better picture was of them.

It was the start of the Cherry Blossom Festival and people were EVERYWHERE. We owe a BIG BIG thanks to Melecia and fam for babysitting Ellie for the day. I think we realized that she is such a good baby for us, but maybe not always around everyone else. I think she is getting old enough to recognize us and feel comfortable around us, but it takes a bit for her to warm up around other people now.


How can you not love that face..."huh?" The time went by too fast. It seemed like once Ellie was comfortable and we were all having fun we had to go.

8 comments:

Maude said...

Sounds like a great trip - - but you're right about Washington, both the crowds and how spread out it is. I think it takes about a week to see everything you'd like to see, right? Thanks for the fun photos, too.

Love you all,
Maude/Gram

Jenny Moore said...

We should have coordinated...we're heading there on Monday!!
Thanks for the pictures, we're really excited to go!

Anonymous said...

We were so glad you came up! You are great company, and being with Ellie was very exciting and fun. Livi and Becca were the little mothers for sure. I wish you could have seen everything on your list in DC, but you did get to go on a gorgeous, warm day! You guys are awesome!

Love,

Melecia

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Cherry blossom time is so beautiful in Washington D.C. I'm glad you got a break from Ellie and could see a few of the sights. My favorite picture is the one with Cecily, Melecia and Joni. I just wanted to hug you all so much.

Dad

Tyler and Jaimee said...

That look like a fun trip! I like the picture of the people all laying there taking pictures of their feet. haha. I cant believe how big Elly is getting! She is so funny she makes the cutest faces. Thats fun you got to see the Jeffereies they are such a cute family!

Thanks again for the cute outfit for our baby that was so thoughtful of you guys!

Keia said...

Hiya,
Landed on your blog somehow. Anyway, I am a MD native. Glad you enjoyed your trip to DC - it takes for ever and a day to see every thing in DC! In regards to Arlington National Cemetery - I worked on the Master Plan for ANC a few years back and while working at the cemetery was told that they have well over 1,000 funerals there a week! Crazy huh ( and really hits home). I've seen those signs there before. They are very detailed (w/the hands)...and a bit funny.

Gimpy said...

Every time I see one of those hazard signs, I think "Caution: Jazzhands" and giggling ensues. Great pics!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.