
Time is flyin' by, we spent our last weekend together in this place. Hard to believe 8 months has come and gone already, and we are feeling ready to move on to our next adventure. I feel like I'm getting old because this whole moving-around-the-country to-a-new-state-every-year thing is starting to wear me down. We've got one more 10 month stop and then we hope to "settle" for at least a couple of years. We have been thankful to see some of our family in the South before leaving. We spent last weekend in DC, and the past two weekends Jen and Steve have stopped in for a few hours. Joni's good friend Andrea also stopped in for a visit on Easter weekend.
Now we are in limbo...feeling like we've checked out of here already...but also soaking in the beautiful North Carolina spring while we still can. The pollen has hit us hard, all the cars are covered in it, but its still really pretty. We tried to hit up Duke campus one more time but its so crowded you can't even find a place to park now that the weather is so beautiful. I'm boring myself talking about the weather...on to some pictures.


We put our table out on the porch for Easter dinner. My little table top tiki torch sets the mood and it keeps bugs away...there's an endorsement for you tiki lovers out there...Not that setting the mood with my 5 month old and wife's friend was on my mind.


We even had some time to play some Bocce ball, lucky Alyssa was the scorekeeper and she had me winning one million gagillion to one.


And one last stop to Maple View Farms for freshly made ice cream from the creamery.

Next week I'm off to New York for the week and Joni is heading off to see family in Utah. We'll be apart 2 weeks, and it will be sad to be away from my girls for so long. Dilly and I will hold down the fort and drive across the country when I get back. Until then, if we don't see ya...good afternoon, good evening. and goodnight.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
In limbo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Joni! Are you coming to Vernal? I was needing a distraction and so I was reading blogs and got all excited about you coming to Utah to visit family???? Hmmm..... Let me know if you are in Vernal. I would love to see you!
Limbo? Sounds to me like you've been regular party animals for a week or so! What fun to have so many visitors, and your Easter feast looks awesome - -including the Tiki touch. I love your little place back there. It's been so perfect for you,even though some others parts of NC have been a challenge. I understand what you mean, though. The next couple weeks will be a bit strange. So sorry you couldn't see the Duke gardens again before you left. I imagine they're glorious right now.
Love you lots. Happy traveling.
Maude
Hey Kristen! We will be stopping by Vernal for a few days on our way to Colorado and I would love to see you. Email me your digits and I will give you a call when we get there - jogna22@hotmail.com
Joni
I love the new picture on the top of your blog...way too cute!
It was so fun to get to see you guys..we heard how mean we were for about 100 miles as we left on Saturday! We know!!!
We wish that you would be close for a while but we are thrilled that you get to go west!! Yeah!!!
Good luck in all the moving activities!
Moving again for a hearty family. You have had a terrific experience getting to see many spots in Texas, and along the East Coast. We are so glad you are returning to the west; we went through those feelings when we lived in NY for nearly three years. We're exciting to see you and especially to finally get to meet the chubby cute dolly and the little rat terrier.
Drive carefully. We love you very much.
Dad and Susan
You guys are going to be the moving professionals after all these moves! I feel bad for you, because I absolutely hate moving. At least your getting organized.
We can't wait to meet Ellie next week!
How fun to have visitors. We love visitors, it's the best!
Kendi
Well, we can help you with the move. We'll call and see what we can do. Love the pictures! I've been lucky to see three bros and their families this month. I hope you find good ice cream in Colorado!
Love,
Melecia
I love the Easter picture!! You guys look so cute. Joni- you look sooo good! way to go!
interesting blog
interesting blog
I'm bummed that I'll be out of town when Joni is here. I really want to see Ellie. Seeing Joni would be ok too. :) I don't think I've ever told you, but I love the name Ellie. That was the name of my best friend in Kindergarten.
I'll probably have to wait and see you guys at Joel's wedding in July. Maybe we can go crawdad hunting while we're there. I know a couple good spots!
Glen
Ellie is so beautiful! It's hard to believe she's 5 months old already!
Your adorable little babies picture in the blog head banner made me stop at your site and read some posts. Wish you all the very best and I hope little cutie one day would become a proud for you.
Post a Comment