Sunday, August 1, 2010


We loved this picture, attack of the DillyZilla. Dilly was yawning and it looks like she is about to take a bite out of an unsuspecting baby.


Ellie has learned how to scream, not a "I'm unhappy, give me what I want" scream, but a "pay attention to me" scream...I'm scared for what lies ahead. She still does not want to crawl but rather play Shamu while balancing on her belly with all 4 limbs in the air...I think she just wants to levitate from place to place. She loves to walk (while holding our hands), and she loves to imitate other babies. Any time she hears another baby noise in church she will make the exact same noise, you can't help but laugh at her impressions. She also discovered the TV show Yo Gabba Gabba, she dances like her daddy when she hears music (point a finger in the air and pelvic thrust), and she is getting her first tooth.watching Yo Gabba Gabba

I almost murdered Dilly in early July when we found out that she had jumped up onto the table, and ate a tennis-ball sized chunk of black fondant (Joni was making a Playstation 3 cake of course). The little dog was later seen throwing up on 4 separate spaces of brand new light colored carpet in 2 different rooms. Of course she is a lady and doesn't want to be seen throwing up, so one of the black puddles of barf was found 2 weeks later underneath the couch. We've been scrubbing the carpet every night for a week, hoping and praying that these black circles will go away...and that Dilly might be taken up in spirit one night while we are asleep.Dilly tracks on the table...Just a couple of Joni's fondant creations, yes the controller is edible as well. I'm glad the whole cake practicing thing is over with because as you can imagine we were the only ones around to eat them.

We are the proud owners of a Baldwin piano. We got a great deal on a piano from someone who never used it and wanted to get rid of it. Ellie loves to play and its fun to have a piano in the house, I've had the itch for a while now and was finally able to "scratch" it.
Joel and Erin wer married in a really cool ceremony overlooking the Rocky Mountains. We were really busy the whole time, and had a lot of fun together playing yard games and dancing, and of course the ceremony was very nice. Once it was official someone played "Another one bites the dust" on the stereo, those guys make a pretty good pair.

Yes they are cutting the Playstation cake.
Joni and Melecia celebrated their birthdays on the same day, thanks to Eric for making the ice cream cake. I'll miss having a family member working at DQ...well maybe not.
We've played a lot this summer since we got here, and we are trying to get in as much as we can before the summer is over and we start hybernating. Ellie hits the 9 month mark this week, hard to believe.I guess this is one of the benefits of having your baby wake up before sunrise, this is my view as I eat breakfast in the morning. Summer is blazing by.

7 comments:

Maude said...

Nice blog, Paul. Thanks for the great photos, and the updates on Ellie - -and Dilly - - -and Joni and you. It was so great to see everyone again, although the time was way too short, with everything going on. But we're happy for Joel and Erin.

Joni's cake is amazing, truly, but I can see the point about "What do we do with the practice cakes besides eat them?!"

Give each other a big hug for me. Love you all so much.
Always,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yo Gabba Gabba Elly - you are a charming little Shamu, but don't become a screaming Diva! Seriously, she is so cute. I love your new piano. I think a piano makes a home! I also love Joni's cakes. Becca and I are starting a cake decorating class next week. It was good to see you guys!
love,
Melecia

Andrea said...

I told Joni she and my sister should go into business, Jessica's been busy with cake decorating, too. Looks like Ellie's hair is getting lighter, that girl is so cute!

Fun update.

Andrea said...

Oh, I'm totally jealous of the piano. Awesome score!

Anonymous said...

Love that little girl. She's so fun and easy going!
Joni's cake was about the coolest thing. I asked Bess 2 days ago what kinda of cake she wanted for her birthday and she said I told Aunt Joni I want a Penguin cake???? hmmm....Aunt Joni!!!

I bet your so glad to finally have a piano. I know Paul really enjoys playing. It's very relaxing to sit down and play at the end of a hard day. Sad thing is I never seem to find the time to do it?!

Glad your enjoying your time in CO. We loved visiting you all last week. Wish we could have stayed longer, we'll just have to come back!

Kendi

Joel said...

I'm jealous of the piano. I've been wanting one since we moved and have the space for one. If anyone else comes up to you to give you a piano (or even sell for a good price) tell them you know a taker.

We loved Joni's cake. I can't believe she went to all that trouble. And thanks for the other stuff you guys did to help. Oh yeah, Erin wants your wedding photos!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I'm glad you got to re-cap the wedding and your exciting story about Dilly the Destroyer. Joel: Paul found the piano on Craig's List and I went with him to make sure it was a good one. The offer is the same for you when you get to that point.

We enjoyed the wedding, and also appreciated all Joni did in her cake making phase of life. It's fun to watch how determined Joni is with her projects.

It goes without saying how sweet and fun baby Ellie is, and the crazy little Dilly. They go together like cake and ice cream.

Love, Dad