Joni here again. It looks as though Paul has fallen off the face of the internet planet so I guess I will take over the blog for a while.
I cant believe teeny lil' tiny lil' Ellie is already 1 year and >1 week old! I have hung out with this kid every day for the last 374, and she never ceases to amaze me with how much she smiles, learns and loves. Here she is at 1 day, 2 months, 6 months and 1 year.


I love this kid...
This weekend my two good friends Andrea and Jessica came to visit. Both are into running and decided to sign the lot of us up for the Longmont 36th annual Turkey Trot 10K. Here we are in the freezing cold getting ready to go.
Although I have been running for many years, it's been a while since I took stock of exactly how fast I go. I was surprised at how many people asked "what time are you shooting for" and didn't really have an answer. Finally, at the starting line I told some guy next to me I was hoping to run nine minute miles. Some time in the first mile, I was running along at what felt like a comfortable pace and the same guy said (in an arrogant way, might I add) "Hey, you better slow down or you are gonna burn out" and passed me. Those of you who know me, know that those words lit a fire under me and so I decided to try to keep the guys pace. I stayed comfortably behind him for the first 3 miles or so and even noticed I kept creeping up on him. Finally, I made the big decision to go for the pass. As I went around him he looked over at me like "good luck with that". The last 3 miles were surprisingly fun (after I decided I was comfortable passing people :]) and I ended up finishing in 46:02/ ~7:20 min miles, so I was happy. I wish now that I had tried a little harder because I got 4th in my age group and if I had gotten third I would have won a free thanksgiving turkey! Maybe next time.
Andrea and Jessica have been running a lot of races recently and they both shaved 3 minutes off their previous times, so they totally rocked it!
After the race we decided to celebrate with Five Guys burgers (my own personal heaven). YUM. Then Sunday Andrea made us her mom's white chicken chili and homemade garlic breadsticks. Good eats and good friends make for a great weekend!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Great job on the race! Looks like fun times with your friends! Gotta get me some five guys pretty soon! Ellie is absolutely precious!!
love you all,
Susan
Great job on the race Joni!!
You look terrific!!
Ellie is so cute, the years do pass way to quickly!
Great job, Joni! The competitive juices got flowing, hmmm? Awesome time, and what fun to share with your friends.
Thanks for the neat Ellie photos. So many awesome memories wrapped up in one year's worth of photos! She's changed our lives forever - - -and not in a bad way.
Love you all,
Maude
So much fun and so many funny memories during this weekend. "It's just fun to see where things end up....fo' real!"
Wow! Good job Joni!
Super Joni! Great job on the race. I didn't see any pictures of Paul. Was he watching with Ellie on the sidelines?
Glen
That's pretty funny that some arrogant dude got you going! Way to show him and show yourself! I'm really disappointed you didn't win that turkey though. Make that your goal for next year. Mama needs a turkey! I love the pictures of Ellie.
Love,
Melecia
Elie is awesome. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. So I thought the Turkey Trot was Thanksgiving Day. I had been contemplating doing it. Glad I checked your blog.
Post a Comment