We are running a little late getting our Halloween pictures up, but I've had a few requests so here goes. I love this picture of Ellie playing on the porch
On Halloween we went to Mike and Susan's for their annual "scary dinner". I may never view water chestnuts the same way again after we had them disguised as dead mans eyeballs! I made a scary dessert... owl and gravestone cupcakes.
Those of you who are familiar with Yo Gabba Gabba will be quite amused with Paul and Ellie's outfits this year. It's Ellie's FAVORITE TV show and the only thing that can get her to sit still for more than 3 minutes. I found her little "Foofa" costume and was happy, but when I saw the adult sized "DJ Lance Rock" I knew it was meant to be!
It's crazy to think that last Halloween I was sitting around with a GIANT belly wondering if Ellie would show up soon... little did I know I had another week to wait! We celebrated her 1st birthday on Saturday and even got a last minute visit from my bro Ryan and his family! It was so great to be with family to celebrate such a big occasion. Ellie loves raspberries, so Andrea and I made a white cake with raspberry filling and whipped cream cheese frosting. As is tradition, the birthday got the top layer all to her self.
Here is our sugared-up child with a smile on her face and frosting in her hair. I'm pretty sure eating that cake was the best moment of her life thus far :) I thought she would dive face first into her cake (I would have), but she was actually quite delicate at first, taking little scoops of frosting on her fingertips and putting them in her mouth. Eventually she did create a big mess though, so we got her cleaned up and opened presents.
She got a lot of super cute stuff from all her family members and the grand finale was her baby doll from GraMaude! It was love at first sight.
Ellie told me to say thanks to everyone who came, and also to those who sent cards and presents in the mail! Happy Monday everyone!
- Joni
Monday, November 8, 2010
Halloween and Cake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Ah, Thank you, Thank you! I'm been waiting! Darling pictures of Ellie - - -and all of you-- - although Paul as Yo Gabba Whomever is just a TAD weird! You're a brave man, Paul, and very secure, I might add! :) Wish I could have been there for the birthday hugs. Love you all much!
x0x0x
Grammaude
P. S. The cupcakes are wonderful - - -your usual perfection, Joni!
Good job getting those birthday pictures posted so fast! Fun parties, both Halloween and Ellie's birthday! Good job on making delicious desserts for both. We sure love having you guys around and feel so blessed! I know it's short, but we are glad we got you for a while! It is so much fun!
Love ya,
Susan
That looks like a great party! I'm glad Ellie knows a good cake when she sees one! You make the cutest cakes and cupcakes - I'm learning how hard it is to get the look you have! I love her big blue eyes too on the front porch. I'm glad she's here and turning one, and you don't have that big belly this halloween! I also remember when we first saw that wierd show staying at the Holiday Inn for Ellie's blessing. It was like - a drug hallucination!
Happy birthday to a wonderful little girl!
Melecia
So impressed with your baking skills! Happy Birthday Ellie! She is an adorable one-year-old! :)
Joni! I love the cupcakes-they are so cute. Ellie's birthday cake looked like something straight from Heaven! I probably would have dove in face first! I can't believe your baby is already a year old. I swear it seems like I was just reading about you having her. Time flies. She is a doll, by the way. (As if I need to tell her mama that ;) Hehe).
She is soo cute!
Happy Birthday to her, wow time has flown by!!!
Joni all your cake creations are beautiful, you should open a shop!!!
I have to say that Paul is a GREAT dad to dress up as Yo Gabba Gabba...that is the best!!
Happy birthday, Ellie! I can't believe how big she is, loved the costumes. And seriously, Joni, you and Jessica should go into the cake biz together.
got attracted to your blog by the lovely cupcakes
yay, thanks for posting and including us in the birthday festivities!
love,
erin
You guys have a beautiful family and look like you have a great time. Those deserts look great. Cool to find fellow bloggers with a good sense of family.
Draven Ames
http://dravenames.blogspot.com/
Love the costumes! Next time we are together you'll have to teach me how to bake!
Devin's going to die when he hears about your costume. Too funny. But aren't you glad the costume isn't made of Spandex?
Post a Comment