So just in case nobody knew, I have the best husband on planet earth. A few weeks ago I was griping about how badly I wanted to go to an upcoming Rocket Summer concert in Denver. A couple days later he walked in after work and handed me two tickets!! Brownie points for Paul. It was an acoustic tour, so it ended up being just the lead singer on the stage talking, singing, and playing the guitar and piano. Like typical Joni, I brought my camera sans SD card. So here are a few pics I snapped with my phone. Best night ever!


So I just realized that this blog is going to be a conglomeration of random happenings from the last month.
Unrelated topic #2:
Here is the cake I made for Ali/Sadie's baby shower over Thanksgiving.
Unrelated topic #3:
I have heard a lot of new moms describe experiences where babies are "growing up too fast", where they get sad/stressed the first time their child gets a tooth, rolls over, or some other milestone. Ellie has made it through many firsts, and I have been fine. Until this ONE thing... I smiled... I cried a little ... time is passing too fast...
P I G T A I L S... Funny how two little elastics changed my baby into a little girl.
Last random topic:
We got super great courtside seats to a USU vs. Denver basketball game last night. We were able to sit directly behind the Aggie players. Being at the game made me realize a few things:
1. I miss the energy and excitement of the Spectrum
2. Denver Pioneer fans are pitiful (sorry guys)
3. Never under any circumstances, should any school band attempt a Black Eyed Peas song
4. I will always have a place in my heart for Aggie Basketball
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Joni! I got your text from the concert! Awesome! SO jealous and glad you had fun!
There's nothing like basketball in actual Aggieland. The fans are crazy and wonderful. You all look great in your Aggie gear!
As usual, your cake is incredible. Very, very lovely!
And the little "Ellie-tails" are so darn cute! She looks adorable - - -and you know that secretly, you've been wanting her hair to be long enough for pigtails! :) But it definitely IS one of those "heart" milestones.
Thanks for the great update and photos.
x0x0x
Maude
Oh Glen is going to be so jealous about that game. He loves him some good Aggie basketball!
Those piggytails remind me so much of the first time I put them in Bess's hair. I remember it like it was yesterday and the back of her head looked just like that. This has made me very sad. I promise you it does go by SO SO SO fast. You're great at picture taking though so you'll never forget anything.
Did you decide if your coming here for Xmas yet?
That was random. We're glad you guys came down for the game (that makes it sound like you drove hours. . .oh well). The only thing was right about that band was the cowbell, for every song. I can't believe how fast ellie is growing.
I want to see an Aggie basketball game too - to actually be there in person! I love the cake, and the concert looks very fun though I'm sad to say I don't know the artist!
Love,
Melecia
Wow i love you blog its awesome nice colors you must have did hard work on your blog. Keep up the good work. Thanks
Hello family, I really enjoyed your photos.
Greetings from Spain
Happy New Year
Hi,
my baby's name is Sadie too :)
The pics of your baby are georgeous, hope you can stop by my baby's site.
Cheers!
Myrelle
website design southampton
Post a Comment