If you don't feel like reading, scroll down to the pictures...
I've fallen off the blog writing kick for a while, not really sure what happened, just kind of lost the desire but it should come back...I hope. I still like reading other people's blogs, so I guess it's kind of selfish on my part to not at least keep everyone posted on...us.
Ellie is over 14 months and still refuses to walk. At the rate she gets around from crawling I'm not jumping at the bit to get her to walk though. Ellie does do a standup/sitdown routine while clapping her hands. We know she can do it but she's determined to walk on her own schedule. Her hair is so long, Joni actually gave her a quick hair "trim" last week.
She babbles in sentences now instead of just a word or two. She used to always say, "ducking, ducking, duck-a-duck-duck-a-ducking", now she always repeats, "wah oh wah oh wah oh wah oh" like someone is in trouble. She loves to read, and actually knows how to use an Ipod and erase all of the contacts on my phone.
Joni is into her "bootcamps" at the gym. I'm pretty sure she will miss it when we move again soon, for some reason when she describes it all to me it doesn't sound like a lot of fun. She is already planning on another triathlon soon. Meanwhile, I like to sit on the couch and eat Nutty Bars.
We have stayed pretty busy over the last couple of months. We got a visit from our friends the Barnes last weekend, since we haven't made any friends in the last 2 states it was great to spend time with them, plus they are awesome. We will definately miss being near my Dad and fam, and near Joel and Erin. We haven't been able to see everyone as much as we would like but our time here has been amazing. We love and will miss Colorado.
Which brings me to our next move, I received an unofficial job offer on Friday. We are moving to Minden, NV in February. Despite the reputation the Reno area gets, we are totally excited. Joni and I have both been there over the last couple of weeks and I don't really understand the harsh words for the place. It is so beautiful, and like all of the other places we've lived, it feels right. We are excited to finally put down some roots for a while, and start off fresh in a new place. Plus, having a ski resort 15 minutes away, and Lake Tahoe over the hill will be pretty nice.Not sure why we all decided to act like idiots at the same time, I guess it's contagious
Ellie loves pop cans, we filled this one with water and she went nuts spilling it everywhere. She's been off the bottle for a while (that sounds weird) but she was sick while in Evanston and it was all that calmed her down, it was that or another episode of Yo Gabba Gabba


It was great spending some time with Joni's fam over Christmas, I'm pretty sure Ellie has a lot of people who love her. We got to see Glen and Kendi too for a quick visit.
Ellie loves babies, we even caught her trying to go home with the Barnes, she found her way into Jen's bag
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
What fun pictures! Pretty sure Ellie wanted to stay with us on your visit though. We'll keep her.
Joni is awesome with her endurance on those classes. I use to go to boot camp at my gym. I does kick my butt. I think it's time I get back. I'll have Joni as my inspiration.
We're bummed your moving from CO. But you guys are so great at making friends and having fun wherever you go that you'll do great. We'll come visit. I've never been to Tahoe!
Kendi
Thanks for the Awesome photos!Nothing but cute faces everywhere! They bring lots of smiles.
Joni puts us all to shame, I think. I feel like I'm in fairly decent physical condition until I'm around her. Quite amazing.
I'm glad you've had the opportunity to enjoy family in Colorado for these past few months. However, once you know you're moving, it's nice to get things "pinned down" and be able to get on with what's ahead. I think the Tahoe area has to be be the pretty party of Nevada. I'll come visit, too, for sure!
Love you all,
Maude/Gram
Ellie is such a cutie! She is growing up so fast!
Thanks for the update!
I have to ask where does Joni get her motivation? I need to get off the couch and stop eating Nutty Bars myself!
Congrats on the new place in Nevada, we wish you the best! We wish it was Georgia but we're still happy for you!! Will you get to stay put for awhile?
Hey nice blog! It's fun to hear about Ellie and see her sans top with the diet pepsi can! I'm glad you feel comfortable in Reno - we will try and come see you there, it sounds great! We have boot camp tomorrow and it does kick my fanny when I go. It's filled with Joni-like fitness buffs with incredible fitness levels! I'm glad you got to go to Evanston to see family. We hope the move goes well.
Love,
Melecia
First thing I did when I read Minden was to look it up on Google maps. It looks like a really cool place to live - 20 minutes to Lake Tahoe and less than an hour to Reno. I have a couple friends from the Reno area and they absolutely love it. In fact, I work with a guy that loves it so much, he flies to Reno every weekend to his house and he stays in a rental place here in Salt Lake during the work week. I'm sure you guys will be really happy there and we'll definitely come for a visit. I hear Lake Tahoe is a lot like Flathead and even the same size, but that everything is more expensive.
Thanks for stopping by on your trip. It was great to see you guys.
Glen
What a adorable baby! Recently I started reading blogs in English, and I found lots of articles are really interesting just like yours.
We're going to miss you. You have brightened our lives tremendously! I love the area you are moving to next. It's not far from my city on the bay (where I left my heart). Of course, we look forward to see you in Menden after you are settled.
Love, Dad and Susan
Congrats on your job offer! I'm going to try to not take it personal about that whole 'no friends in the last two states' comment. Lol.... would have been fun to see you guys more, but I know how busy life gets! Good luck with your move! We are moving in June too....
I love the picture of Ellie with the pop can and the hat with her shirt off! That is like Sophies ideal moment too. Its so funny they like pop cans so much!
I love all your cute posts and pictures! I am so bad at keeping up with everyones blog but everytime I look at yours it makes me smile. ellie is such a little doll!
Joni- I am so impressed with your workout motivation! It is so hard to go to the gym but always worth it after!
Post a Comment