Hi everyone, Joni here. We have had a busy few weeks and yes, we plan on posting recent events as soon as things get a little more settled. But for now something a little different.
Paul is a major sleep talker. He usually falls asleep about an hour before me, and about 45 minutes into his slumber starts sleep mumbling. Every once in a while I will catch a sentence or phrase and get a good laugh, and a few months ago I decided to start writing down stuff he said. So here are a few of Paul's night-time adventures...
August 12th, 11:46pm
"He just a little guy who looks like a dead goofball"
October 7th, 12:30am
"Adding peanut butter to my ipod is only making it worse"
October 10th, 11:16pm
"That Subaru is Smootharoo"
November 20th, 12:04am
"Sometimes when he's bored he plays with string like a kitty"
....And my personal favorite...
December 3rd, 12:20am
"We just did it at the wrong time and at the wrong flag pole. It was like Mississippi meatball... Pfft."
Thanks for all the midnight laughs, Paul. One of the many reasons I love ya!
Friday, February 18, 2011
A little sleep talk never hurt anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It must run in the family. However, Glen usually leaves the bed running around the house and flipping on lights or looking for ducks between the mattress and box springs. Pretty exciting nights around here.
I've learned to mostly sleep through it however I do worry that when he goes out of town for work that I may never see him again because he may wonder off into the great abyss.
Pretty funny stuff!
I can imagine you giggling and writing down what he says in a journal entry! I love the "subaru smootheru" or whatever that was! Funny brain. I have insomnia and Rhett wears a breathing mask - I can't hear anything he says!
Love,
Melecia
Makes you wonder about what crazy things our sub-conscious mind conjurs up,doesn't it. I think he gets from both side of the family. His Dad has talked in his sleep before, and I've awakened myself a couple times talking really loudly. Poor Paul - - -but funny.
Hey, Melecia - - I read the other day that they have a new thing for snoring - - - 3 small white things they implant near that glottus thing that hangs down. It apparently works. Maybe Darth Vadar can be banished? :)
Love you all, and glad you're getting settled.
Always,
Mom/Gram
Haha! That gave me a much needed belly-laugh.
Yes. I talked a lot in sleep when younger. Susan doesn't like the snoring so I had a couple of sleep studies and no longer snore (or talk while sleeping) because of the CPap I wear nightly. We discovered structural as well as central sleep apnea. The surgery for structural effected my singing, and breathing is better, but the central apnea is the stuff that requires the mask. Hope Paul doesn't have to go through all the fuss I've been through to learn how to stop snoring. Susan likes it a lot because she can sleep better.
Mike/Dad
that is so funny
Post a Comment