Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blanket head

Our last 2 weekends have turned into sickfests. Last weekend I was down for the count with some major body aches and a cold that made me literally immovable for 24 hours. It took a few days to receover, and I was looking forward to a fun relaxing weekend when Joni went down for the count. I've never seen her so sick in my life. Fortunately Ellie has been okay so far, and I guess we are fortunate this all happened on the weekends. I think we are ready for some normalcy soon,

We've had some snow the last couple of days, can't wait for some sunshine but it still looks to be a few days. It's sad to see Ellie go to the windows and stare outside, she's pretty much covered every inch of this house. She's been our entertainment, and we are locked up inside it seems even funnier.

Before you accuse me of being an abusive father, know that Ellie put the blanket on her own head and laughed everytime she ran into something. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

6 comments:

Maude said...

What a nut! The last time into the wall, it really looks like she's purposefully walking right into the wall! Pretty cute. And a sign that you all really do need to get out and do something. She's exhausting her possibilities inside, obviously!

Love her - - -and you all. I so hope Joni is feeling better, and that little Ellie doesn't catch the junk. She's in our prayers.

xoxox
Maude

Jenny Moore said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick...that is no fun.
What a cutie pie! Our kids all did the same thing, covered their heads with blankets and walked into walls, maybe it's a rite of passage for toddlers!!! It is very entertaining!!!

Maude said...

Woke up this morning thinking about Ellie and the video and thought, "So, that's what is meant by "bouncing off the walls."!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That was really funny. Did you slip something into her baby food? I got a kick out of her on Skyke (sp?) last night. She really seems to enjoy laughing at life. You look a lot better. I hope Joni gets better quick. The 24 hour variety is vicious.

Love ya,
Dad

Positive Thoughts said...

See the power of positive thoughts within you.

Jen said...

I already said on Facebook that I LOVE THIS. My mom saw it too and wanted me to tell you that she loved it too and it reminds her of the time that I fell asleep in the hallway with a trash can on my head.