There is something satisfying to me about cleaning a garage, or maybe it's just that I love it once it's clean. Today was actually kind of fun and it was the last part of the house that we needed to finish to feel like home. We've had some stuff in storage that we haven't opened up for a long time, and many unpacked boxes. Ellie was so curious, and had fun too.
Some of the hidden treasures we found:
1) All of my sports memorabilia I've collected since I was a kid. Everything from shoeboxes full of football cards, Starting Line Up figurines still in boxes, Sports Illustrated magazines in mint condition from the early 90's, autographed pictures, the giant SuperSonics pants that George Karl gave to me at a bball camp, and the list goes on and on.
2) All of my schoolwork, pictures, and stories from grade school.
3) All of the costumes Joni and I have collected over the years. The list includes some pretty cool costumes. Joni even had some of the costumes she wore as a baby, check this one out of Ellie in a time warp as Rainbow Brite, Glen should like this one.
4) Decorations we've had since we were married, including every single couch pillow we've ever had. I have to say I've been pushing to get rid of this stuff but Joni insists we'll use it somehow, somewhere, someday. One of my favorite's is a blanket that someone made for our wedding, it's really cool but has the wrong wedding date on it. We love stuff like that, kind of like the golden engraved room key we still have from our honeymoon that says, "Paul and Tony forever". The hotel sure messed that one up but we didn't want them to give us a new one, it was too priceless.
5) Old journals and books
6) All of our former license plates that we hung on our garage wall, including one of our old street signs (shhhh...don't tell anyone)
7) We found about 30 cans of tennis balls, I guess I never throw those things away. You can probably imagine it took us longer to clean up than expected because of all the distractions. Now that we sound like crazy pack rats I'll stop, but it felt like a satisfying day. After we finished we made stuffed french bread pizza, ended up being a pretty good day.
Finally, Joni was so mad that it was snowing, I was able to catch her air fighting...my favorite part is the elbow to the gut followed by a roundhouse kick
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Hidden Treasures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Did I know he was taping me? Yes. Did I think the video would actually end up on the blog? Not in a million YEARS.
Joni
Ah, I remember all that stuff - - -some of which I packed around for years myself because I knew I couldn't throw any of it away! (Especially not those Shaun Kemp pants that were 3 yards long!) One happy day was the day I got to stop hauling it around and give it to you!
Love the costume! I've never seen one like it before. Mighty creative,for sure! Ellie looks darn cute in it - - but a little confused. ;)
Joni, your kick-boxing was quite spectacular. What I want to know is, did it work?
Here's to clean garages - - Jim's mantra, as you know.
Love you all lots. Hope the rest of your weekend is as fun.
Always,
Maude/Gram
That's cool that you've kept a bunch of that old stuff. I'll bet a lot of that sports stuff is worth a lot of money. I have over a hundred old pennants but will probably never get around to actually selling them. Honestly, they're probably worth more to me than anyone else. You might consider getting rid of the old tennis balls and pillows but hey, maybe there's a story behind them too. Just don't want to see you guys on that "Hoarders" show on TLC ten years from now. :)
Glen
Nice moves Joni.
I wouldn't want to run into you during a snow storm. You'd go all Chuck Norris on everyone.
Cool stuff Paul. I'm more of a chucker, so I wonder where some things went. :P
so nice your blog
J- I had a feeling that you didn't know that video would be on here.
That "Paul and Tony forever" thing just made me cry laughing. How did I never know about this? sooooo funny.
P-Send me your address and a CT license plate will be yours.
Great video of a champ! While you are keeping things with your move we're once again downsizing getting ready to move into a Ranch style house. There probably will come a time when you want to get rid of stuff after you have 6 kids. Does anyone reading this know where I can sell three lovely mink coats for a 5' 3" slight built woman. I tried to find Arents in Salt Lake where they were purchased and they've evidently closed their business.
It was fun taking a virtual tour of your home last night and to watch Ellie the clown perform.
Love to you all.
Dad
That is very, very funny! Sorry it snowed again.. Tony! I really like the rainbow bright costume. That's probably worth a lot! You should take some of your stuff to antiques roadshow:) The morewe moved and the larger your family grew, the more I took trips to Good Will. It's painful but must be.
Melecia
That video is so hilarious!!! I've been wanting to do that as well!!! Were we're from, we've had +10 weather all week, and it's STILL not gone!!!!
Post a Comment