Thursday, July 14, 2011

July trip part I


On the 4th of July weekend we started our little road trip. We ended up stopping on the freeway for 2.5 hours because of a huge accident, it was so bad we actually got out of the car and ran around the freeway to keep Ellie entertained. Ellie is a pretty good little traveler as long as we have a DVD player going when she gets upset. Our first stop was Pleasant Grove to see Joni's dad and fam. It had been a long time since we saw Brent and Karen, and we had a great time. We BBQ'd, hung out in the back yard, and went golfing Cool fact about Joni's dad...when she was little she still remembers asking him what his dream job would be, and he said to work for National Geographic. Brent is an amazing photographer and some of his photos got him noticed and Nat Geo recently paid him as a consultant and guide to film wild horses in Utah. He is now a paid employee of National Geographic, how cool is that? Not everyone can say they've had their dream job come true. My dream job involves not working a lot, laying around, and golfing but still making millions...I'll let you know how that goes.On the 4th we met up with Glen and Kendi at THE BEST burger joint in the world, 5 Guys, I'm sorry there's really no argument here. We have been craving it for months. After lunch we headed up to Logan to stay the night and just enjoy a few hours in a little town we've come to love..
I'm sad I missed the Cruise In, I love classic cars, but we did walk around campus and eat Aggie Ice Cream. We met Steve and Jen in Logan for lunch and ice cream, then headed up to Idaho. On Tuesday we met up with our good friends from Texas the Carroll's, we hadn't seen them in over 2 years and they just happened to be up in Rexburg. We played pool, cards, and caught up. Funny how a couple of years apart don't really seem to make anything awkward, when you match up with certain people you just mesh. We've been lucky to have a few friends like that.
Another one of those is Josh and Amanda, we saw them on Wednesday and had a BBQ at thier house. Hard to believe they have 4 kids now, we originally met them at Utah State and they also lived in Texas while we were there.

It was also great just to relax at my Mom and Jim's house for a couple of days. I love their house up in Ashton, I could lay around in that basement all day. Thursday we went up to meet all the fam in Island Park...but that's another blog for another day.

4 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

We enjoy hearing about your big trip. It was nice to be able to hook up with some old friends. We love you.

Dad

Maude said...

You did a LOT in a short time - - -especially with the friends thing! Love Ellie in that last picture - - -So typical with the "Let me down, I want to run look!" Can't wait to see more!!
It was AWESOME to have you here. Even loading up the LoveSac was fun!

Love,
Mom

Maude said...

P. S. Thanks to you and Joni for showing me Brent's photos - - -especially the wild horse shots. They're really incredible. I can see why National Geographic wanted his talent!!

keepcloser.com said...

we invite you to join the newest social network KeepCloser.com
www.keepcloser.com