Friday, October 28, 2011

New place & a bit of October.

As most of you know, we recently packed up and moved again after our last rental home was sold and the lease ended. We moved 2 miles away, out of Gardnerville and into Minden. I never thought "nomadic" would be a word which accurately describes me, but after eleven homes in 7 1/2 years I no longer can argue against it.

For the most part, we could not be happier with our new place.

Here are a few things I LOVE about this home:

190 degree water faucet. How have I never known these things existed? And why does every house in the world not have one? Wonderful.



Tons and TONS of storage space (especially in the kitchen). Who ever had this idea, bless you.



Abundance of natural light in the main living space. Ahhhh I love it!!!
And I mustn't leave out the fireplace. As a woman who is generally frozen 24 hrs a day from October - May, this is like GOLD.




Now moving on to the things I could do without (hate is such a strong word):

Prehistoric appliances. There is not a brand name on the oven, just some sort of dinosaur print. I can only fit very small pans inside. But it gets the job done, I suppose.

Blue counters. Enough said.



A blue tub? Not my first choice, but again it gets the job done...



Here are a few more pictures of the downstairs. Upstairs is still a work in progress.






I was feeling a bit Martha Stewart-ish one day and made these Halloween truffles. Aliens and Zombies






Our friends had a pie party a few weekends ago. It was fun to try out everyones favorite pies... although I was sure I was going to have to pull out my maternity pants the next morning!




Other fun activities this month include the pumpkin patch and our local fall festival. Ellie had a ball at the petting zoo.














I must mention, in regard to Paul's last blog, two things:

1. Don't be fooled, he LOVES the banana costume and is seriously considering wearing it to costume day at work on Monday
2. He has TWO Halloween costumes this year and the other one is quite manly... although it's a secret for now. You will have to tune in again later to see what it is ;)

That's all I have for now. Happy Halloween everyone!

6 comments:

Maude said...

First of all, I LOVE the photo of your feet at the first of the blog. What an awesome idea and shot!
Second, thanks for the great photos of the house and the pumpkin patch. Your decorating is fantastic, as usual. Ellie looks thrilled to see all the animals, etc. So cute!

Well, I'll be waiting with bated breath to see Paul's "Costume B." Must be something pretty spectacular! :)

Love you all, and miss you.
x0x0x
Mom/Gram

Maude said...

P. S. Oops - - -forgot to mention your cute goodies. Very clever, indeed!
Your living room looks HUGE - - -and the tub? I DO like the claws! :)

Meghan said...

I love your house !! Cute blog header!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Your home looks as cozy as can be. I like all the light and the comfort places in the home. I'm glad you let Paul be manly for Halloween. Don't forget to send us a picture. I like your positve attitude about moving. Things just seem to get better and better.

Love, Mike

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I love the pictures of your house!! It is so cute and you have done such a great job decorating it as you have with all of your 11 places!! I love the pictures over the fireplace! Ellie looks like she is having so much fun with the animals!!
Can't wait to see pictures of Paul's "other" costume!

love ya,
susan

steve said...

Glad you guys are all settled ....even if it is....again. :)

I saw someone else wearing the banana costume at our Trunk or Treat party..... a little girl.

Have a happy Halloween.