Joni made another cake that was "supposed to be easy because there was no fondant" for her friend's birthday, took her 8 hours. I think she needs to start charging people by the hour, but she sure is sweet and nice to do these things for people. She was feeling creative and made the cake stand with a glass bowl and Christmas lights.
Here is one of many Banana Man pictures, you will see he evolves into a cooler and more mature Banana Man over time. Joni was Jane Goodall and Ellie was a monkey. We had our ward trunk or treat on Saturday, I got my own creative juices flowing by making our car into a killer whale.
You can't see the tail on the front or the dorsal fins on the side, but I thought I was pretty cool...until some kid said "nice shark"...I ran after him and beat him up (in my mind)
Our 2nd Halloween party on Saturday night was a much more "adult" party with Ellie left behind. We changed our costumes, Joni was an 80's punk rocker complete with fish net arm thingy's and neon leggings. The hair was all natural. I am wearing a name tag that says Help Desk, wearing some of my Indian gear complete with manly moustache that was hot glued to my face...that's right, hot glued.
The party wasn't all girls, but they are the only ones that had to have pictures taken. I felt a little out of place being the only non-police or fireman there. I guess it's good to be acquainted with these guys if I ever run into trouble. I didn't feel too manly even with my moustache as these guys' biceps were bigger than my head and chins combined. And for some reason none of them wanted to talk about human resources or share their feelings with me, what gives?
Tonight we went to "safe street", which was a fun thing for little kids. Ellie encountered her first storm trooper and her reaction was priceless. I don't think she understands the halloween thing but she loves her chocolate, but doesn't love the costumes.
She was a cute little monkey
Banana Man evolving...
We had a total of 4 trick or treaters so we have LOTS of candy left over, stop on by if you want any. Put another Halloween in the books.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Trick or Treat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow! A knock-out Halloween for you guys! I love the costumes,ALL of them, but I think my very favorite is the banana "evolution," with the shades and huge mustache. Good work on the car, too! You're both extremely creative, for sure! Halloween is a crazy, confusing time for little ones, I think. It's kind of love/hate, with the goodies, but the people they know dressed "becoming" weird or scary. Ellie's picture with the storm trooper says it well - -but she sure looks cute!
Love you all. Thanks for sharing!
x0x0x
Maude/Gram
P. S. Completely awesome cake, Joni. I used to decorate cakes - - or thought I did, until I saw yours. You are quite the talent! But I understand what you feel about charging for them. Somehow, they lose their magic then.
x0x0
Maude
What a beautiful cake, Joni! Love your costumes! What party did you go to that all the men were police/fireman? Ellie sure is sweet! Wish you could have been at our Halloween dinner too! We muddled on without you, but it wasn't the same!!!
love,
Susan
Great blog again Paul. I liked our skype viewing of costumes and that adorable little girl. You both must have been worn out from all the parties. You look like you had a lot of fun. Take the candy to work and put it on your desk. There will always be takers when they need a little tlc from Human Resources. We really missed you at our annual Halloween feast. Joel and Erin are excited to see you this Thanksgiving. Wish we could be there too.
Love, Dad
I love how Banana man evolved over time, and your Indian costume is great! Also love the 80's girl, Jane Goodall, and the cute little monkey. I love the idea of how you decorated your car too! You guys are fun and creative!
Also love the cake!
Love,
Melecia
Post a Comment