Saturday, June 30, 2012

June happenings

A couple of weeks ago for our anniversary we all went up to Tahoe for the weekend and stayed in a place we've wanted to stay as long as we've lived here. We took Ellie along with us hoping that she would be able to sleep through the night being in the same room with us. She is a light sleeper and only sleeps when it is completely dark and quiet, plus the last time we went to Tahoe she stayed up the WHOLE night giggling and playing.

She did sleep this time, but funny thing is the first hour we were there she ended up throwing all of her toys out a crack in the 3rd story window. We noticed when she said "the toys are gone". So we rummaged through the bushes and found everything from the unplugged phone receiver, to her toys, pillow, and the hotel welcome packet.
We took the Heavenly Gondola up to the top of the mountain for the first time too.
Ellie was very clingy on the way up, she seems to be afraid of a lot of things, especially heights. It is a beautiful ride on the way up, you get to the top of the first mountain and there is a lookout that overlooks the entire lake.
Then you get back on the gondola and it takes you up to the lodge at the top of the resort.

On the way back down Ellie found her confidence to sit all alone, it was fun to just sit on the opposite side and enjoy the view.
We ate Mongolian BBQ at a place called Fire and Ice. The cooks were fun to watch, and there are a bunch of fire pits outside underneath the gondola.
We swam a lot and just had a good relaxing weekend, we'll definately be going back soon.
One of Joni's friends here threw her a baby shower, even though Joni told her not to, it was nice of all of her friends to do something for her. We got a TON of diapers for the new one because everyone who brought diapers was entered into a drawing for a special prize.


There has been a lot of random parades and carnivals in town and we try to be involved with stuff like that as much as possible. Here we are at the Carson Valley Days fair.


Today we went to watch airplanes at the airport and there happened to be an open house to see a bunch of warplanes, gliders, and helicopters. Ellie loved every bit of it since she tends to like boy things more than girl things right now.


Last week I went to West Point for some work training. It was a cool place to see and has a lot of history. This is what they call the "million dollar view".

I arrived at the hotel I stayed in at 2am and it totally gave me the creeps, I was half expecting to see 2 twin girls in the hallway like the Shining.

Well that's it for now, happy 4th of July everyone!

4 comments:

Maude said...

I love that you three do so many fun things to really "explore" your part of the world. The photos are great, and helps me enjoy them with you a little bit. I love the bit about the "disappearing toys." That's so cute. Ellie's learning all about gravity it her very own way. The gondola looks very fun - -and I think Ellie's way brave to sit alone at all. You are great parents, and help her have a spirit of adventure in her life, I feel.
Happy Fourth to you. I hope it's cool and fun!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

We love to see so many pictures and read about all your activities. Your interest in so many interesting things is very contageous. It won't be long now and your next little girl will be here. We are excited to see you.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Ellie looks so old in all these pictures, it's crazy!
We really want to make a trip out there to visit and explore with you guys! I would say sometime in August but things will probably be crazy for you then. We'll just wait for awhile!
Kendi

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That is so funny that she threw all that stuff out the window! Can't wait to see your neck of the woods! It looks like a great place to live. I have Minden on my weather app on my phone so I see your lovely temps. everyday as opposed to our sweltering heat here!

Love ya's,
Susan