I found out two things about Joni this last week that I might never have known if I hadn't slept light for some reason. I always sleep like a log and nothing can wake me up until I am ready to wake up...unless I really have to go to the bathroom of course. Before you start worrying about me having bladder problems, I have been drinking an obscene amount of water lately as well as eating like a champ so that my mom doesn't tell me I look like I am sickly...after I had the worst flu I can remember having in years on Christmas. Anyways, so I found out that Joni sticks her ice cold feet on my back while I am asleep. While I am thinking this could be the most cruel thing I have been unaware of since we have been married, all of you women out there are probably thinking...yeah, so?. Cold hands and feet on back is a practice that needs to stop. I bought Joni these really cool instant warming packets a couple of Christmas' ago that have been used once or twice and are now in our drawer of memories and trinckets that we never open. I have learned that women experience cold hands and feet because of something to do with all of the blood flowing in or around the abdominal region so as to be ready for childbirth...don't think I didn't do research before making accustations. So naturally I feel bad for women in this sense, although I am still curious how that makes it normal to place your apendages in screaming hot water in the sink. Are women blessed with a tolerance to heat and an intolerance to cold? If I recieve 2nd degree burns from using the sink after a female uses it, am I the one with problems? Which brings me to why women have to use body heat to warm themselves up. I am definately not warmer than the water that comes out of that sink, so what is it that makes me a likely candidate to put a stop to cold hands and feet? Then if I don't succomb to the death-cicles known as my wife's cold hands and feet, should I feel bad? Are her feet emotionally cold as well? When I yelp in shock like goofy from a disney movie, is that supposed to put a smile on my wife's face or should she feel bad for the shivering and now pale body formerly known as her husband. Here is a question for all of the mom's, wives, daughters or whoever you are, why do you think you have so many little booty socks and slippers and things of that nature? hint: it has to do with men's intolerance for death-cicles. Think of what presents you have been given in the last couple of years...anyone?
On a more funny note, Joni talks and giggles in her sleep. I felt the kind of joy you feel when you figure out the meaning of life. I would have laughed harder if it wasn't 3am. For her sake, I hope that these two phenomenons are not related because if they are, then she is the devil.
Maybe that explains the realism to some of my "bone chilling" nightmares. Don't worry mom, I don't have nightmares.
Monday, January 8, 2007
I had no idea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Oh my gosh - What a funny blog. Well Paul, I've never heard the one about the blood flowing around the abdomen in the woman = cold feet. I love the sentence "socks, slippers, and other such items" and why don't we use them. So you just now discovered this after 3+ years of marriage? I love it that she talks/laughs in her sleep - wonder what her dreams are about. Glad you're eating - hope that vein in your head is going in again, and that you are glowing with health! I'm a hot body (yea, baby), so the only issues Rhett and I deal with is flipping each other over when the other one snores too loud, or which one hears/ignores the baby the longest.
I plea the 5th. I do nothing of the sorts......
Melecia your bedroom sounds like it has the same issue as ours. What you'll do for some "good quality no snoring sleep huh"?
Okay, Paul - - off your Mom's case! I thought you looked very thin - - -BEFORE you got the flu! - - as did Jim! SORRYYYYYYYYYY for mentioning it! I laughed a lot when I read your blog, 'cause I think it's true about most women and their feet. (I, too, had never heard the bit about blood in the abdomen - - -what about we "older" ladies?) Your points are well taken about how we warm them. However, I have one comment: The "socks and other such items" are very good for running around the house. However, they are TOO hot and constricting (at least for me) to wear to bed. Sorry, but I guess it just goes with the "marital territory" - - like tolerating snores and other bodily noises from husbands. :) It probably works out pretty evenly in the end, right?
P. S. - - -I know the "hands in the boiling water" comment was especially for me! :) It's true. I have to own that one.
To set the record straight, I have only done the "cold feet on husband while sleeping" thing ~10 times since we've been married (mostly because it's uncomfortable to lay sideways). I figure it's a win-win situation if he is completely zonked.
I have heard Paul talk about hotdogs and give instructions on how to cut wood in his sleep - I guess we are both entertaining when the other is sleeping lightly.
JONI :)
OK, I will speak, for the sake of my brother…PART 1. (I will address the cold feet in PART DEUX)
1. I’ll first address the hot water issue. I believe there are 5 degrees of hot in our family, from lowest to highest.
First degree: (We’ll call it the child degree.) Usually accompanied by, “That’s too hot Daddy!!!!” The actual temperature is somewhere between room temp. and a warm piece of bread. (Females over 12 will generally describe this as “ice cold”.)
Second degree: (Man degree.) Pretty hot, speaking from a man’s perspective. Hot enough to wash bodies, dishes, cars, clothes, etc. etc.
Third degree: (Wife degree. You can use your own wife’s name here if you wish.) Hot enough to turn hands red within seconds and deaden nerve endings. (This is why you as men CANNOT fall for such phrases as “I’ll just leave the shower on for you.” or “I ran the dishwater for you.”) (If any wives are still reading, this is also a viable excuse for men not immediately jumping to action on these occasions.)
Forth degree: (Maude degree.) This water will scald even the most nerve dead woman, a man can simply forget about it, he can’t even use rubber gloves and not feel pain. It has been compared to Chernobyl and requires advanced water heater equipment to achieve this temperature. I’ve actually seen it peal the finish off “normal” sinks. Special heat resistant material is required. Kryptonite may not be Supermans only weaknees…this theory has not been tested.
PART DUEX…when I get time, and the courage to go on.
Sorry, 4 degrees not 5.
That was a pretty funny blog, Paul! I, too, have never heard the abdomen blood flow theory. Very interesting.
I usually go to bed after Mike and I do warm my feet up on his legs. He is in such a deep sleep that I don't think he's even noticed. Now that he wears his "Darth Vader" mask to sleep, his snoring is under control and sleep is a much more pleasant experience! He looks pretty scary, but it is sooo worth it.
Keep laughing!!
Susan
Susan - PLEASE take a picture of Dad sleeping with the Vader mask and post it on your blog. Please! Please!
Funny blog.
Bess goes to sleep on her own, but usually she ends up sleeping with us before the night is done. I noticed something two nights ago that Kendi says happens all the time. I woke up in the middle of the night and Bess' feet are down my pants in between my two pillows!! Yikes man! Honestly, at first I thought Kendi was getting fresh, but turned around to see Bess. I got her re-situated, but I woke up again 10 minutes later and she's in the same spot. At least Joni don't put her feet there
I agree that a picture is needed of dad vader. Make sure you wash Bess' feet Glen. I too had an obsession with Bums as a kid but never to stick my feet on my dad's
I have a confession, I don't know if the warm abdomen thing is true or not...someone want to find out? I think I heard it once and sounded good enough to keep me from exploring alternatives
Oh my goodness, Paul! You opened a can of worms on this one. I like the intimacy of feet touching in bed at night, warm or cold, or early in the morning when I go back to bed. Be grateful Joni touches you. Snuggling is the best marital sport. As far as pictures of Vadar Dad, Susan came to bed last night asking if she could take a picture of me wearing my C-Pap. I told her it was okay as long as I can take a picture of her in the shower. Hopefully my privacy to maintain my natural beauty in the eyes of my family will remain untouched. Dad
But none of us want to see Susan in the shower, we just want to see the vader mask. I think the grandkids will enjoy it!
Whoa.
No thanks! Dad
Dad - mark my words... one of those days, you'll be clicking through these blogs and whammo! You'll be looking in the mirror at yourself with that mask on. All I can say is that you better lock your door when we come to visit cause I'll be bringing a camera! Glen :)
Lock the door, smock the floor, YOU HAVEN'T GOT THE GUTS! Dad
You got beat up a lot when you were a kid, weren't you?
Your father speaks. Yes, I was beat up a lot by an older brother who was 5 1/2 years older until I got into wrestling in Junior High. Since I won the "Smokeless Smoker" wrestling tournament in ninth grade, I've been unstoppable. That also was the year I pinned my brother and he no longer beat up on me. Then, Steven came home from his mission and I could no longer beat him because he evidently had a lot of practice on his wrestling companions. He gave me a terrific floor burn, and I've been cautious since. Of course, he is the only son I have who can give me a real match. Oh, Oh, look out!
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment