Friday, January 12, 2007
WOO HOO
You are probably wondering why this big picture of Texas A&M is on our blog...but if you know me at all or ever talk to me than you have probably already figured it out. I got accepted into the Masters of Science in Human Resource Management program at TAMU. At first it didn't seem real. Joni was jumping up and down and I was just standing there with my mouth open, but now the excitement of the whole thing has gotten to me. Joni and I will not make a decision right now, because I want to make a smart decision, not an emotional one. But to be honest, something pretty big has to happen to make us not go. If we go to College Station we will continue our adventure in Texas in a small town which will be refreshing. If you like statistics I would say 80% College Station, 20% returning to Logan, but you never know with us. We are having another "artic blast" this weekend. I am laughing because on the news right now they are interviewing people at the supermarket who are buying as much food as they can in case they get stuck in thier homes for several days. I can't get over how rediculous these "storms" are here. Actually tonight I drove home in a monsoon of rain...2 inches in 2 hours. My wipers were on high speed and I still couldn't see, and because it is so flat, you have to drive down the middle lane or get swamped by water. Anyways, I was reminded again today of how lucky I am to be where I am and to have family that I love and who support me, and also have such an awesome wife. I thought it was cool how excited Joni was for me when I opened the letter, she is so genuine. I will never forget when I proposed to her and she didn't even look at the ring. She was so excited and filled with emotion and didn't care about it until I forced her to look at it. So I guess you could say I feel pretty good today. Whatever happens, I am an Aggie for life. Now I need to eat the pumpkin pie that Joni made for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Great Job Paul. I saw that you called our house last night and I am guessing this is what you called about? We are excited for you, okay we'll admit it...a little sad because you PROBABLY won't be coming back to live by us but we know this is so important for you and Joni so we will be excited for you.
We'll call you this weekend!
Yippee - - -Acceptance to Texas A & M AND pumpkin pie! What a great day. Congratulations! I'm not surprised, but very proud of you. You've earned it. Things have a way of working out, although we don't always see the future flight as clear as Heavenly Father up there in His "radar tower." We're very happy for you both. Talk to you soon!
It was truly exciting to talk to you about your news last night. It seems that your life has been fulfilling a higher purpose all along. We look forward to coming down for the tour of both the internship hospital for Joni, and to see A & M. Thanks for the mouse pad. It reminds us of you each time we use the computer. We appreciate you and all your accomplishments. Love, dad
Way to go dipsmack!! Glad it's not the Longhorns.
Congratulations.
Steveo.
Paul and Joni -
That is such incredible news! CONGRATULATIONS, and from your bossy older sister TAKE IT! TAKE IT! You'll never regret it getting that kind of education fron that big name, excellent school. You and Joni are both very successful, and are enjoying the journey as well as listening to the Lord. How fun! Love the story about the engagement ring - didn't know that. Have you rented "lady in the water" yet?
I thought about getting that movie but Joni thinks it might be scary and she hates those kind of movies. I will for sure rent it but was it scary? Another funny thing...the arctic blast I have been talking about...church is canceled tomorrow for the 2nd time in my entire life. The first time was in Colorado and Don Johnson came to tell us on his snow mobile. THERE ISN'T ANY SNOW OR ICE ON THE GROUND RIGHT NOW! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE! I joked that church would never be cancelled because of the mormon pioneers and thier example but I guess in Texas everything is different. I'll let ya'll know if I get snowed in, thanks for the advice on school.
I've heard the lake movie is one that even I would like, so it must not be violent or scary.
Sorry about the weather, Paul. I thought of the cute little 80-year-old ladies in Ashton who drive themselves to Church all winter. They'd just smile and say, "Well, everyone has different experiences in life." I will say that we had an ice storm here in Richland once last year, and the roads were the slipperiest I'd ever been on - - plus drivers there aren't used to them. Maybe it's good to put your feet up and enjoy the day. Too bad the Broncos aren't in the playoffs; they'd surely telecast that even in Dallas. Have a great day.
Texas and Virginia sound similiar with their snow cancellations. That's crazy about church being cancelled. I remember how many people showed up in Ashton for Christmas Eve with all that snow. "Lady in the Water" is about as scarey as "The Village" maybe less so, by the same director. There is one scarey dog creature and a lot of suspense. I think Joni would like it!
We rented it last night. That M. Night guy is a creative one. It wasn't that scary, we noticed how they did some marketing to make that movie look a lot different in the preview than it actually was.
Congratulations Paul. That's exciting news and it sounds like a very good program. Tough decisions ahead, but I'm sure you'll do what's best for you.
Post a Comment