I swear I have blogged since last time, maybe it was a dream, or maybe I was thinking about something I wanted to blog about and I just didn't get around to it. Since every one else I know has been in a blog drought, it's like time has stood still in blog land, and it has really screwed up my sense of time. We have had some awesome storms here lately. I love Texas weather when it is not blistering hot and muggy. Joni and I played in the rain and sloshed around a bit because it was coming down so hard and we had never seen anything like it. It comes down in sheets, by the time I ran from my truck to the front door I was soaked from head to toe. I always thought it was funny how wet actors can get in movies when they are in the rain, but now I know it can actually happen. I love thunder and lightning storms too, which come here every time it rains.
I think Texas is finally growing on us a bit. I really think attitude has everything to do with how happy you are with where you are in your life, including where you live. I also know if we lived in a good neighborhood and had more time and resources to do more things we wanted, then we would really like it a lot more. I wish we had our bikes here with us, I don't even know where they are. I finally decided to ease up a little bit from my normal financial "tightwad" mentality, and we are going to be doing some fun things in the next couple of months. In April we are going to the Fort Worth Stockyards championship rodeo (we scored front row box seats). In May we are going to see the play "Wicked", and also see Harry Connick Jr in concert. We have been trying to see the Mavs play but tickets are rediculously expensive because of how good they are this year...okay, so I am still a bit of a tight wad. It is so important to take a little time here and there to do things that make you happy, even if it costs a little bit of money. I would like to take our kids (in the future of course) to cultural events. My mom took us to plays and random concerts on a monthly basis, and my dad always took us on cool and exotic trips and baseball games, and I am so thankful for that. I learned a lot more from these experiences that most kids my age never had the opportunity to experience. Some of the experiences were not so great, like Donny Osmond in black leather, "Cats" the musical, and naked old people on nude beaches in the Caribbean. But most of them were awesome like Les Miserables, dinner theatres, the Nylons in concert, donkeys on our front porch, and Dad saying he wanted to "scout out" the "no clothing allowed" beach for better spots than the "clothing optional" beach we were already on. I guess if it comes down to having a really nice house or car, or going on fun trips and going out on the town, I would choose the latter. It seems most of the world has chosen the big house, but they miss out on a lot.
I guess the whole point to my blog is that no matter how busy you are, or how poor you think you are, it is important to take time to do things you enjoy. Work will always be work, and play will always be fun.
Sunday, April 1, 2007
blog drought
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Paul,
Last night, I opened up the family recipe book and cooked your cinnamon chicken. Not bad, although I cooked it too long and the chicken was dry. I cooked enough to last 3 days - Kendi's back on Friday and is definitely a better cook.
I agree with you. I was just thinking last night that I want to take the kids camping and fishing more this summer. It was fun as a kid to go up to some lake and fish and explore for the day. Usually, we didn't catch many fish, but I have good memories of exploring a creek or hiking up some mountain, pretending I was an explorer. It always seemed to rain on us when we camped overnight and we'd end up sleeping in the van or at a hotel.
I thought our kids would be a little young to appreciate cultural events, but I took Carter to the Jr. High School musical which he thought was cool and a little scary. I should probably do some more of that. With all the musicals we saw growing up, it's a wonder that nobody turned gay. :)
you have to cook meat slow Gloin, I put a little butter on it too to spread the flavor...speaking of gay. I want to go camping really bad but its too late now with the heat coming
you guys are too funny! I agree that mom and dad did give us some great cultural opportunities. Donny Osmand in black leather? Scarey! I used to teach his soon-to be daughter-in-law in young women; My claim to Osmond fame. I think dad would just rather be naked than clothed - from what I hear... no first hand knowledge of course (just kidding dad)! I'm glad you are doing some fun things in Dallas! The rodeo & Wicked sound awesome! I would LOVE to see Wicked. Hey - Rhett is going to be at Texas A&M April 11-13th. He thought you were living there now, and was bummed when I said you were still in Dallas. I don't know if you could meet up, but maybe that's a possibility!
Many of our friends are going away on Spring Break, and we are staying here. I am thinking of taking the kids to some of the Smithsonains or other history sights. Unfortunately, I will have to tell them where they are going the morning of after I pack the car, or they will refuse to go anywhere! They are not crazy about museums. I'll try and get their input and make the break fun!
Love,
Melecia
Pablo - maybe I should have marinated it longer... or put some cute little fun garnishes on it. You ARE gay.
I hate to admit going to Donny Osmond's "Soldier of Love" tour, but I was there. Right in the 15th row in the middle of a bunch of screaming girls... and Paul screaming like a girl. I didn't notice the tight leather pants, but I guess that's cool if you did.
Paul/Joel. You remember going to the "Please Don't Hurt 'Em" MC Hammer concert? I can't remember if Joel went, but I remember Paul dancing in the aisle in his hammer pants. That concert was off the hook yo! I've never seen so many Vanilla Ice wannabes dancing to "You Can't Touch This" on top of their seats... myself included.
Holy crap, I have been trying to block out that Donny Osmond concert for years. It was the first Concert I went to after the mission and I remember thinking..."What has become of music in 2 years?" I will verify that Pablo DOES dance in the aisles AND screams like a girl.
Speaking of things I've been trying to block out for years and spurred by Melecia's comment....I will also verify...from unfortunate firsthand experience ....that Dad prefers nudity to clothing. All four bros need not be reminded of Dad coming downstairs in Bon Aire wearing nothing but a snorkle and mask saying "Are you guys ready to go?"
I think I have to go be sick now.
Dad must be part Frenchy.
That Hammer concert was pretty sweet, I don't remember screaming like a girl though. I DID wear hammer pants. I want to go to the Smithsonian with you Meleesh.
We DID have some fun at those things. However, I'm shocked than not one brother brought up the "rhododendron" trip to Seattle, etc. I thought for sure than would be a memory highlight! :) Paul also won't admit than he liked the Shania concert in Nampa. I loved Boise for that reason, among others. One month, we could do Brooks and Dunn, the next a Broadway musical. Awesome! Joel, who went to the Harry Connick, Jr. concert with us? That was good, though too short.
I think it's neat you're getting into what Dallas and Texas have to offer. I agree that a place always gets "better" when we have the attitude to just get in and enjoy what's there. You all know I thought the Tri-cities was "the land God forgot" when I first came here, but I've found things unique to this area to enjoy and be involved in. I guess it's all about "blooming where we're planted," hmmmm? Thank, Paul!
I remember Vanilla Ice punking out because he didn't want to be the opening act for Hammer. I think he figured he was to big to open. Harry Connick Jr. was really good in Nampa; security was trying to keep people who were dancing away from the stage and Harry was like "Ahw come on guys, let to folks dance if they want to." Paul and I went in Salt Lake and the audience was so square that almost no one was dancing around and the concert ended faster than I think it was intended. There was NO audience energy, probably not was Harry was used to in New Orleans (remember the French Quarter, mom?)
On the other topic, maybe Dad's just proud of his snorkle.
Mom, I'll be telling my kids about the Shania concert, and how I touched her leg. Kyle and I were in LOVE with her after that. I remember singing in his big garage, while grinding logs for his cabin, we listened to the Shania cd singing "man, I feel like a woman"...maybe I am a little bit gay. Hey Steve, she touched my snorkel...good one Joel, I think that is the best name for that anatomy yet.
I've been very frightened with the images that blog has conjured up in my mind...thanks boys!!!
I can see that being away for the past week or so has given you naughty boys too much freedom to share things best kept between us. I want you to know that my snorkeling in Hawaii this week was done wearing a swimming suit, and I stayed in holy places on the beach. I even read two good books, and helped with baptisms at the Hawaii temple. I'm glad you have good memories of trips and culture. I read last week's NEWSWEEK magazine all about the military people who have given their lives in Iraq, and the impact this is having on their families and on America as a whole. After finishing that edition, we visited Pearl Harbor, and saw a film about the actual bombing, and went to the Arizona ship memorial. I really cried. I hope part of our cultural development involves our history, and appreciation of this great country. Keep it up, Paul. Love, Dad.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment