Sunday, October 21, 2007

Actually it's only Dr Pepper, Texas for 2 weeks out of the year, they change all the signs and the postal addresses. Every other day its Dublin, Texas...population 3,873. If you look on a map you won't find much near it. We drove 2 1/2 hours just to get there and we already live in a sort of small town. Our friends the Carroll's are DP fanatics, or so I think because they made a clock out of Dr Pepper pop cans. Anyways, we went to the original DP factory that still runs once a week. They still make DP with imperial sugar instead of the fake stuff, I can't taste a huge difference, but people travel all the way to this place to stock up on the original stuff...The Carroll's happen to be two of those people. We did buy some DP cake mix, we'll see how that tastes. This town is just like you might imagine a small Texas town, I wish I would have taken some pics of the down home places we saw on the way there...and I saw my first Texas longhorns.

Sean was excited, I think the tour girl had a crush on him. I was just listening intently as always...Joni will slap me for that one.

They gave us some free samples, Joni looks like its already sinking in.

Get in my belly!!! It smelled like poop right there though so the moment was ruined.

We look so relaxed...two seconds earlier Joni was sprinting over to me in order to get into the picture. This picture sreams small town Texas...where's my hat and some straw to put in my mouth? Waitin for Billy Bob to come pick me up in his truck so we can go shoot some rabbits...wait, that's Vernal. HAHA.

I actually like this picture a lot, Joni is so good.
Tomorrow we are going apartment hunting again, that's right, and we just got settled in. Long story, but we never signed an actual contract (not our fault), and we want to take advantage of the moment to move somewhere closer to school and Joni's work but still be in the ward. We live out on the edge of town between the Juvi center and the prison because Joni was going to have to commute to Waco. Now that she has a job in town it makes no sense to live clear out here. I absolutely hate moving, probably because we have moved 6 times in the last 3 1/2 years, but this should be the last time we have to move on our own (I expect my next job to move us). I feel like we'll never settle down and buy a house because all of the places I am looking into for employment have a 2 or 3 year leadership development program that involes a substantial move about every 8 months., oh well. We love getting to know the world...I mean the U.S...whatever.
With all my midterms out of the way, all I have now are group projects and finals to look forward to, its excting. Joni is done with her test, things are getting normal again around our place. We got memberships to Sam's Club yesterday, and now we have a two years supply of Starbursts. I was thinking about buying a bucket of pickles even though I hate them just because of how cool it would be to show everyone my bucket of pickles. Candy is the best thing in the world for a 13 year old Sunday school class, good thing they like Starbursts.




11 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That looks like a fun time! You guys find the coolest places and things to do and explore. How come it's only called Dr. Pepper Texas for a short time each year? Is there a big celebration or something?

Good luck with the moving again. It does sound like a good idea to get away from the prison!! Moving is not very much fun, but at least you don't have too much junk yet!! That's the benefit to not having a house--you don't collect as much junk.

Love you two,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Nice blog and pictures Paul. That's pretty cool to live in all those different places and visit those small little towns. That'll make for some good memories.

Anonymous said...

I especially like the picture of you two in the store holding the bottle of DP. You are such an attractive couple! That's a good plan to move closer to where you work and go to school. It's fun following your adventures. Your youthful energy and interest in the world about you is contageous. Love you soooo much, Dad

Maude said...

What a great trip, Joni and Paul! I truly think the most memorable times are found when we take time to enjoy the "small things," - - small towns, small attractions, etc. Every state and area has them. We just have to ferret them out, right? You two have a special gift for finding those places and for finding friends with whom to enjoy them. Sounds totally neat! Nice photos, too, Joni. You both look happy, healthy, and good looking! :)

Love you!

Mom

The Paulks said...

That looks like fun, however I'm more of diet coke fan myself... I hate admitting that. I'm sure it's good for me. Anyways, what was up with the blow below the belt Vernal Joke?

Just kidding :)

--Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun outing!! I love Dr. Pepper so it's a good thing I don't live in Texas!!
I have to tell you that a house (minivan etc) will come...it took us a little over 10 years and 3 kids to make it but it does happen and it's well worth the wait and the struggles to get there!

Joel said...

Looks like a movie set. I'm glad you guys are drinking in the experiences while you're thier. Man, drinking it in. . .Dr. Pepper. . .I'm brilliant. I didn't even try to do that. Nice blog, dude

Anonymous said...

Really you guys have the most fun.

I think we would want to be your friends even if we weren't family. But the real question is would you want to be ours?

Sorry I don't like Dr. Pepper but it still would have been fun to visit and get the pictures.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

I wish there was a Diet Dr. Pepper, TX... I would totally move there!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,