Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hey everyone,

For some reason I have decided to write a blog in letter format. I feel like I should be giving you some great or tragic news...or announce my resignation...or something. I feel like I have become quite the expert on writing e-mails and letters lately starting off with a sentence or two of butt kissing, then a question, then a sentence or two of thank you's and stuff. Who really talks like that in real life? I often wonder what the recipient of the e-mail on the other side is thinking, or if anyone else thinks, "allright already...cut to the point". I guess the important thing is to be geniune because you can tell right away when the person wants something.

I hope everyone is excited for Thanksgiving, we will miss all of you stuffing your faces and hanging out and playing games...or in the case of last Christmas...throwing up all night. I had a pretty good time in Connecticut. I got a little freaked out becuase my baggage was left in Atlanta. Can you imagine me showing up for a job interview in a t-shirt and sandles? I got it back a couple of hours before the Forum started, so I was okay. I have a cool portable blue comb that folds in half that the airline gave me for the trouble...seriously? So if anyone wants a comb, I don't think I will be using it any time soon. That's like saying to a big tough guy in a leather jacket, "We're sorry about your luggage but why don't you enjoy this free copy of My Little Pony the musical on us". Or to an old lady with no teeth, enjoy your beef jerky and a toothbrush.

So everyone at Forum was really nice to me..."that's cause you got big jugs, I mean, your boobs are huge" (sorry for the movie quote, I couldn't resist). Some of you are probably really confused right now. But everyone was really cool, in fact, I would not have felt depressed if I did not get an offer because of how awesome the candidates were. There is absolutely nothing that makes someone better for going to a "better" school, that was obvious from the start. Everyone that was there was there because they were good, fun people. So...I got an offer. I don't know where yet, but I will be in the consumer and industrial division (appliances, lightbulbs, and airport security). I will likely intern at a large manufacturing plant in the midwest or southeast.

We are excited to possibly try our first Black Friday this Friday, wait in line at 4am. We are eating Thanksgiving with a bunch of young couples in the ward, then we have the big Texas game Friday, and then we're going to Houston to see our friends there for the weekend. So we'll try and take lots of pictures. I miss you guys already just thinking about family and friends during this time of year. Have a great holiday!

Love,
Paul and Joni

10 comments:

Josh and Kristen said...

JONI!!
Hello dear. I hear from Tiffany that you are not coming for Christmas. What? We'll have to catch up when you do come in May. I started a blog... it's at: http://my-3-sons-kmb.blogspot.com Miss ya! Kristen

Paul and Joni said...

Okay so I cant remember the last time I laughed as hard as I just did when I read the part about the My Little Pony book. Paul, you are the best! haha

Joni

Andrea said...

I laughed hard at that paragraph as well. Congrats on the offer. Cross your fingers for me and my offer, too.

Andrea

Maude said...

You made me laugh till my side hurt, Paul! My Little Pony, hmmmm - - - I was wondering what you wanted for Christmas! :)

The offer is awesome. I'm a proud Mom - - -again!

We'll miss you bpth lots at Thanksgiving, but it sounds like you have lots of fun and activity planned. I'll hope for a full report on Black Friday. Fight for those bargains!

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul,

Congratulations on your forthcoming internship position. I'm sure you'll effectively leverage your abilities and be a valuable asset to the organizaition.

Okay - I'll stop. Happy to hear you got it!

Glen

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Congrats on the internship. Hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sounds like a fun weekend. I dibs the blue folding comb since no one else has yet!!

xo,
Susan

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Congratulations Paul! Proud of you in all you do. We'll miss you at Thanksgiving. Hope a time comes soon when we can get together. Love from Virginia. Dad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your internship Paul, that is fabulous!!
Have fun on black Friday!! We all think you're a little nuts but at least you're not standing out in the cold!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,