Thursday, November 1, 2007

This is a classic example of how putting on a hat makes you feel a certain way, then changing to a new hat also changes your personality. My gigantic head doesn't allow me to wear hats the way they are supposed to be worn...but hey, who's measuring?

Crazy Sean drilling a hole into the side of my "Bart man" pumpkin. We decided to spray hairspray into the flame and hopefully flames would come out the sides for a good picture. The room ended up stinking really bad, and we had some black pumpkins. In case you are wondering, yes, we did take video of this event and yes we posted it below.

We can in NO way take credit for the cool halloween food. Pigs in a blaket to look like spiders, and lizard sandwhiches. They also had homemade rootbeer. Before you go craving ice cream just know that the stuff in bowls is ketchup and ranch...the Carroll's went as far as making spider web patterns in the dip. We brought boring brownies and spinach dip.


I love this picture cause it shows how in love Joni is with me...or else how lame she thinks I am for always posing. We didn't dress up this year but we did carve a pumpkin for the first time in forever. Most of the night was spent making flaming pumpkins and choking on the smell. We are excited for our first visitors to come see us since moving to Bryan. Joni's aunt and uncle and cousin are coming for the weekend. I think it is so cool how supportive they are of us. How many aunts and uncles...let alone immediate family, make the effort to visit for no other reason but to see us and have fun. My aunt Rae was always like that too, but I think it's pretty cool that they like us enough to do that. We both feel pretty lucky to have such cool families we can hang with and who love and support us. Enjoy the flaming pumpkin, I hope the video works.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you just made Garrett and I laugh so hard watching that video! You guys are so crazy! The hats also add a lot of class. Your friends really went to a lot of work with their food - that is AWESOME! Have fun with your family! You little pyros!
Melecia

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just got my laugh of the day. Seriously, you, Joel, and my brother should go into a comedy business togehter. I am not quite sure what comedy business but there really aren't 3 other people that can make me laugh as hard as you guys can.
Carter wants to know if the pumpkin started on fire by itself? I didn't really want to explain to him that adults were playing with fire so I just say "yeah, it was a magical pumpkin that Paul and Joni made."

Maude said...

Funny, funny video, Pyromooriacs! You're nutty, but we love you anyway. I love Kendi's cover about the "magic pumpkin." Now I know where Carter comes up with all his good stories, Kendi! :)

Have fun with the family. Sounds like a good weekend.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That looks like a pretty fun Halloween Party!! I didn't realize before that you have a big head?! Have you always had a hard time wearing hats?

The flaming pumpkins is awesome as is all the cool food! Wow! I am impressed with your friends (and you for bringing the brownies??).

Great pictures of Texas A&M also. I am so glad we got to see it! That was sure a fun weekend in the Spring. Have you guys moved yet?

Susan

Paul and Joni said...

Thats funny about the magic pumpkin thing, we were actually thinking you could never pull that off with little kids because then they'd want to use thier little sisters hair instead of the pumpkin. We don't move until around New Years, but our new place is pretty close to school so we are excited

Joel said...

That pumpkin idea was sweet. I bought $20 of candy and ONE kid came by. I took the acndy to work so I don't turn into a blimp. I still ate it today but at least I won't eat all of it.

Maybe I'm a little slow but I noticed Joni's hair in the photos. I love the new style!

Anonymous said...

I like Joni's new hairdo too. Lookin' good! Okay, that's creepy.

I'm glad you guys didn't blow up the garage. Using a drill to carve pumpkins is a a pretty good idea.

Anonymous said...

That blog is a classic! Did the fire alarm go off, or inside sprinkling system? You are naughty, cute and fun. Love, Dad

Andrea said...

I read you can keep the pumpkin flaming by putting a toilet paper roll soaked in lighter fluid inside. Gives you about 15 minutes of shooting flames!