Sunday, January 6, 2008

I HATE MOVING!!! Once again, we moved this last weekend for the sixth time since we were married over 3 1/2 years ago. It's really making us rethink our plans as far as waiting longer to find a place to settle down. I guess we'll go wherever and whenever opportunities take us, but I'm getting tired of the nomadic lifestyle. I had four guyfriends planning to help me but two had to work, one was really sick, and another had his flight bumped in Las Vegas to another day. So me and the sick friend did what we could, he helped me with the big stuff and then I sent him home cause I felt so bad. I know I could have mentioned something to the ward but there's just something that didn't feel right about asking for help to move twice in six months. So Joni and I worked from 8am to 12:30 am New Years Day, and then I was at it from 8am to 8pm the next day by myself. That sounds like I'm looking for some pity but I think I just sound stupid. Besides, I needed the exercise up and down the stairs since I am about to hit 180. I feel like I have let go of myself physically over the past couple of weeks because I am not in school, I haven't shaved, and I babysit a puppy all day long...at least I'm not watching Days of Our Lives or All my Children.

I actually grew the beard because Joni likes it, and I thought I would be like Rocky during my break when he went to Russia to train and grow a beard...then when I shaved I would magically be in shape. That didn't work too well, so I am just going to shave tomorrow and work out later. I've tried to think of some New Years Resolutions, and since I never do very well after the first week, I have decided I just want to be a better person than I was last year. Sounds pretty simple but that's what I want to do. If I do that every year maybe I'll turn out to be a pretty good person someday.

I don't have much to update besides the move. I go back to school next week, and I have had more than one multiple hour MarioKart party with friends over the last couple of weeks. Joni is working very long hours to prepare for state inspections and she is really stressed about that. The puppy is as cute and troublesome as ever. We are still waiting for winter, its 75 degrees at 10:30 pm and I am sweating. Enjoy your snow all you lucky duck's.


I think I posted this pic once but it IS tacky sweater season, and I am sending subliminal messages to Joel to post his turtleneck party pics soon.

5 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

p.s. I had to mention that right after I finished the blog I ran and dove face first into the bed where Joni left a bedtime snack of sliced pickles, mustard, and ketchup on a plate and I landed right on top of it. Funny thing is...I didn't think about the mess I made, but why Joni is eating a pickle with mustard and ketchup in bed.

I guess I should always be cautious since she once left a spoonful of peanut butter accidentally under her pillow for a week.

Maude said...

What a great photo - - -even with the tacky sweaters! :) Did you have it taken at a real photographer?

I've also been WAITING for Joel's sweater blog. I think he was just teasing us and getting us all excited over nothing - - right, Joel??

Sorry about having your moving help fall through. Didn't that happen to you last time, too? Moving is definitely nasty business - - and it won't be your last, I'm sure.

Love you both lots - - -even with pickles, mustard, and ketchup all over you!

Always,

Mom

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That's a very nice picture. You'll probably be glad to get back in school after so much physical work and an unusual Christmas break. Paul,you have given the church a lot of your time, money and service. It is certainly not inappropriate to ask your Elder's Quorum to help you whether you move twice or ten times in the same ward. Would you be willing to help another person if he/she had moved six times in the last three years? I think most people understand a student's situation, especially in a college town.

Joni: We wish you success in obtaining your licensure. It will be over soon.

I wish you could be in Colorado right now and we'd have a snowball fight (after my nap). Be sure to look before you leap into bed from now on.. I'll bet your puppy loves food in the bed.

Love you lots, Dad

Moore Family said...

I am thinking you guys are the lucky ducks with your weather. I HATE THE SNOW!
I love the picture. I remember seeing that on your fridge when you lived in Logan.
Sorry about the move, but I don't know too many people that actually enjoy the whole moving process!
Carter wants to see more videos of the puppy.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,