You ever notice that when you are waiting for something to happen, that time just drips by? Joni and I are going crazy right now waiting for this little one to make her move and enter our world. Everyone says to enjoy our down time while it lasts, but how can you really enjoy it when you don't know what having a kid is like? We feel like we've had plenty of time over the last few years to do what we've wanted to do as a couple, and now we are ready for the change, at least we think we are.
I've never seen Joni so ready to get out of the house at any moment. Without work or friends out here in buffalo land, she is going stir crazy. There are no more "projects" to complete, and there are only so many episodes of So You Think You Can Dance that she can watch. I cringe when I imagine if the baby is late, due one week from Monday, but right now the baby sure doesn't act like she wants to come out. All this waiting has caused us to mumble a bit, not sure why because we feel very lucky and blessed to be where we are. But here are some things I'd like to share that are worth mumbling about lately:
1) Don't ever ask a pregnant lady if she is having twins, why would anyone be so stupid and ask such a question? It happens ALL the time. Having said that, here are a couple of zingers on this topic I couldn't resist...(used with Joni's permission of course)
Why do people always look at you as a pregnant woman and smile?
Because you are fatter than them.
Whats the difference between a woman who is 9 months pregnant and a supermodel?
Nothing, if the woman's husband knows whats good for him.
2) How can Joni stand in line for an hour to get the H1N1 vaccine, and then be turned away? 35 yr old male construction workers got it because they were there 5 minutes before she was, is this ok? Not only that, but how does one of the best labor and delivery hospitals in the US not have any yet?
3) Its not cool for anyone who is not "expecting" to park in the "expectant mothers" parking spaces, then smile at your pregnant wife as they run inside the store.
4) North Carolina has the most beautiful autumn leaves I have ever seen, and no one in our ward talks to each other. We never saw the fall in Connecticut, but we met some of the friendliest people ever. If you would have described the previous 2 sentences without naming the state one year ago, I would have totally had them reversed.
5) Our neighbor snores so loud that we can hear her through the walls as if she is in our bed. We have to blast the humidifier all night just to drown some of the noise. Payback is going to be awesome (sort of) when the baby wakes up every night for the first couple of months. Come to think of it, we're hosed either way.
6) Dilly no longer has puppy breath, now it smells like tuna and rotting feet.
Despite some of the "minor" pet peeves, we are so happy and excited to have the baby coming so soon. We may be counting down the days/hours/minutes, but we are very happy right now. I love my job, I played my best game of golf ever on Friday, we live in a beautiful place, the Fall weather is amazing, we have awesome doctors, and Joni will be able to have a little companion at home besides the current one that sleeps until noon, smells like a door mat, and loves to eat leaves.


9 comments:
you have a very good and interesting blog. Fingers crossed for an early delivery Joni!
The photo is AWESOME! You and Joni are way clever with the camera, for sure. Love the "wisdom" and rhetorical questions about pregnant women. They're all true!!
That stinks about the H1N1 shot. How can people be so thoughtless? I'm also surprised the OB's don't have access to a supply, since it's so important that pregnant ladies have the shot. They MUST have some, as they have to have it themselves! Here, the Health Dept. distributed some to OB's so expectant Moms would indeed get the shot.
Sorry about the Ward,'cause your last one was so great. Maybe change will come, once they get to know you.
You ARE blessed. Enjoy the fall, the golf, the waiting - -all of it!
Love you,
Mom
I love the picture!! =) I am so excited for you guys! I remember waiting impatiently for Anika to be born - those last few weeks just DRAG by! Babies are the best and you guys will be great parents.
I remember when we were moving to New England and everyone told us how snobby and unfriendly everyone would be. It was COMPLETELY opposite! We met so many amazing and kind people. So, we are in the same boat as you guys. There are nice people in San Antonio but the comradery just isn't there! We miss CT so much!
Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see pictures!
We're sooo happy in NC....blah blah blah!!!! J/k umm the thing about dilly= disgusting.
Yeah? Well Dilly doesn't love you either Jen Barnes, ok wait, maybe she does but would you not be my friend if my breath smelled like tunafish all the time? I sure hope not. We aren't friends for the next three hours for that comment...Mike, we are still buds even though your wife hates adorable little dogs.
You and your supermodel selves are almost there! It does really drag at the end. I should send Joni some new books - that might help! Our ward in VA felt like home, but we had to go up to people and start the conversation most of the time. Ralphie smells like tuna and rotten feet too! Great blog, bro!-Melecia
Sorry but that picture screams boredom!
I think every parent can relate to you on the first time parent of hurry and get the baby here feeling!
I hope my tips that I gave you guys for the delivery room help when the time comes!! ha ha ha ha
That's funny your dogs breath smells like that. Does it make Joni sick (ya know being pregnant and all)?
Can't wait for the official call to come in SOON!!!
OH ya that last MONTH is hard! I was doing all sorts of weird stuff at like 38 weeks to try and get lincoln to come! I know people always say to enjoy it before the baby gets there, but whatever!! I tried those acupressure points or whatever, doing jumping jacks and eating pineapple which I swear is what made lincoln come!! Eat a pineapple. I ate almost a whole pineapple and the next morning at 2 am I woke up in labor :) I didn't know it at the time, but I was :)
Ya the Hartford ward was absolutely amazing! It was such a huge blessing for me and scott and I miss them all a lot! There are not many better people than those in CT :) Good luck with everything, you guys are great!
That picture is so funny! Joni has really changed a lot!! Dog breath is so gross! We brush Molly's teeth and it is still gross. Sorry about your ward--I hope it gets better!
Hope your little gal gets here soon!
xo,
Susan
Post a Comment