Sunday, November 25, 2007

Zippy Lockel Stockels



I got this image in an email a while ago and it made me laugh. It's an image scanned from some kids math test. If you ask me I think he deserves full credit for the problem!
Okay, so I know Paul is the one who got tagged for the "6 things", but I feel like writing a blog because it has been a while! So here are 6 things you may not know about me (Joni).


1. Paul and I have a highly technical term for my toes... Zippy Lockel Stockels. Strange? Yes. Here is a little background. I love to run - pretty sure all of you know that - but all that running makes my feet look awful. I ALWAYS have several blisters and/or caluses on my poor lil toes. "Zippy" is just the word for plain old toes. The "lockel stockels" part comes in when I have blisters all over from my most recent run. If you ask us how this term came about we can't really explain it, because we don't really know.




2. My mom used to force me to take Beano as a child. In retrospect I can't say I blame her. I was (and still am) a gassy McGee. I like to think I just have a healthy, and very active GI system. I also have been blessed with the gift of my gassy outbursts sounding like words. I admit that more than one time since we've been married, I have passed gas a room away from Paul and he said "What was that Joni?".




3. In my head, numbers have always had colors assigned to them. One is white, two is yellow, three is light blue, four is pink, five is green, six is orange, seven has never had a color, eight is royal blue. Then it skips 9 and 10 but eleven is definately black. I've always thought if numbers had personalities that evens would be the nice, goody-two-shoes, happy types. Odds would be the the ones who were edgy, cool, and unpredictable.




4. I hate to have my face and my body wet at the same time. In fact, I usually take a bath and wash my hair and everything without getting my face wet. Then once I am out and dryed off I will wash my face. I really have no idea when this little quirk developed. Swimming bugs me a lot for this reason, but I will usually go anyways because it's fun.




5. I am soooo gonna regret putting this next one down next week when it happens ... here goes nothing ... I have never been stung by a bee or broken a bone. KNOCK ON WOOD!!


6. My closet is totally color coded. Its like a giant rainbow. This might seem odd for anyone who knows me because I am NOT a very organized person. Honestly I just think it looks great.


Here are just a few more tidbits that didn't make the big six list. My favorite shape is a STAR, I have a phobia of dirty elevator buttons and will only push them with my knuckles, I have seen the movie Liar Liar like 50 times, I eat 2 packets of maple and brown sugar oatmeal every day for lunch, I'm pretty sure I have seen a UFO and ghost lady wearing a blue jump suit (not at the same time), I have only done Paul's laundry one time and he has never done mine, I smile whenever I hear the name Chuck Norris, I am awesome at arm wrestling and hardly ever lose (to women anyways), and last but not least ... after a long day of swimming I always crave a Whopper!
Thanks to everyone who called to wish us Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had an awesome holiday.

Much love, JONI

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an interesting and fun blog, Joni. Multiple colors seem to describe a good part of you. I like your brightness, honesty, and love of life. Paul is lucky to have such a sweetheart.

Love, Mike

Paul and Joni said...

I have to say that is just the beginning of a long list of wierd things Joni does, but for the sake of not wanting to sleep on the couch I'll remain silent.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Joni:

Thanks for answering the tag!! You are an extremely interesting person. I think it is a good thing that you and Tyler didn't get married or you would have the stinkiest house on earth. That is so cool that you associate numbers with colors. Why does Chuck Norris make you smile?

You are cute and so fun!

Love,
Susan

Maude said...

Funny Joni! You make us smile lots!
It's a little disconcerting to realize that I share 3 of your 6 - - -No, not the Beano! The number thing has always been fascinating to me; I also see even numbers as "happier" and brighter in color, and I do the closet thing - - -and I have uglier feet than you do!

Love the triangle thing, also. It reminds me of something from middle school.

Love you,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh. It's good to hear from you...it's been awhile.
I share your fear of germs and do the same thing with elevators and other things. I think I might be over the top at times.
This is kind of a fun little thing and I'll have to do it soon!

Melecia said...

Joni - Thanks for the laugh! You are truly wierd, and i like you even more for it! I like the name of your toes - also that numbers and your closet have colors - that's a new one!
Love,
Melecia

Joel said...

I haven't read blogs for a long time and had no idea why you were telling me these things, Joni (I figured it out at Susan's blog). I am honestly floored about the mental image of numbers with associated colors. What does it mean? I pictures big 3-D numbers dancing in your head (ala Sesame Street) everytime you do math. I'm seriously amazed by that information. You should submit yourself for academic study, its go to mean something!

Joel said...

I type with lots of typos, thats sad.

The Paulks said...

Chuck Norris?! Seriously?! Nick is in love with those jokes... oh my goodness. I think I have heard one too many at this point.

Also, I sure hope that the UFO you are referring to is that light we saw fall out of the sky in high school. Do you remember that? Driving to my house late at night and we saw that green neon light? We went to look for it? Okay, if I read back through this, I sound like I'm on drugs, but I'm not. I promise.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,