Sunday, June 8, 2008

Here are some pictures for you pictured starved readers. Joni and I had a fun filled and all too short weekend. The picture above is 4th Street in Downtown Louisville. They have free concerts every week with some pretty big names and lots of fun places to eat. We were five feet away from Vertical Horizon- you'd recognize their music if you don't know them. Tracy Lawrence was there Wednesday. Louisville reminds me a lot of a mini-Chicago. The Ohio river wraps around downtown, and all of the buildings are very unique and filled with history.

The pic below is in front of the Louisville Slugger museum and factory, that thing behind Joni is a 120 ft tall baseball bat.
We went to Churchill Downs to see where the Kentucky Derby is run, there just so happened to be races that day. The atmosphere was very cool, and tons of people were there even for small races. Admission is only $3 because they excpect you to get liquored up and spend all your money on betting.

We decided to bet on a horse for fun, Joni picked the horse and we totally won. It was crazy and exciting. As you can see Joni fits in with all the heavy betters waiting in line.
We ate out a lot at some really cool places, one of them was this "upscale" bowling alley on 4th street. We watched the Belmont Stakes there while snacking on a yummy dessert. Speaking of yummy dessert, everyone has to try the new smores dessert at Mimi's Cafe. Thats already one of our favorite places, but that dessert was sooooooo good. You can't tell in any of the pics, but I totally shaved my head with a number 1 on the razor...never done that before but I really like how it feels.
I added a few pics for fun. The day I left Texas Dilly was really attached to me like she knew I was leaving. She loves to cuddle but it was really funny because right before I left, Joni and I said a prayer and Dilly decided to climb up on me to get as close to me as she could (2 pics below). We couldn't help but laugh a little. This one I was sleeping on the floor.
Joni went to Utah for a couple of days for her mom's wedding. Her and Andrea took some pictures while they acted like girls. They dressed up in spandex and took pictures of each other doing wierd poses on the trampoline.
Poor Dilly, she probably doesn't even remember me now anyways. I'm sad Joni is gone already but she is coming for a week during the 4th of July. Now its back to work, I'm 25% done with my internship already.

Enjoy a video of our experience at Churchill, its a little dark but you can hear Joni screaming at the end when she realized her horse won. It was pretty loud, the video doesn't do it justice.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you and Joni had a wonderful time. It was great to talk with you and get all the details. You are in an ideal situation with your internship. It looks like Joni has a good plan to keep her from getting overly homesick for you, and vice versa. Keeping happily busy seems to work. How nice that she will be with you for a week next time! Will her cousin take care of Dilly? We are so very proud of you. You chose a great profession to pursue; jobs are available all over the place!

Hang in there baby. We love you so very much.

Dad and Susan

Moore Family said...

Glad you guys had a nice time together and got to see Churchill Downs and the Louisville Slugger museum. I'd want to go to those places too.

I'm impressed that Joni can still to the splits.

Glen

Josh and Kristen said...

Joni... YOU WERE IN VERNAL??? YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE! Just kidding. Love ya. Kristen

Joel said...

Louisville looks pretty cool. Do you ever notice other guys around town wearing Texas A&M t-shirts and cubs hats? Probably not, huh? What's the local food like where you live? Have you had much "local cuisine?" I like to ask questions

Paul and Joni said...

I'm not sure what the local cuisine is yet, I ask all the locals where the best places are to eat and they all tell me a bunch of Mexican places...go figure. There are a lot of good restaurants here. Of course KFC is headquartered here, you must be hungry.

Maude said...

Okay, Paul - - -Way to make me really jealous!! Do you know how many years going to Churchill Downs has been on my "bucket list," and you and Joni have already experienced it! Life isn't fair, I guess! :)

Sounds like you had a marvelous time, and Louisville appears to be a really neat city. I'm glad you got to enjoy some of it together - - and so happy you're enjoying your work and feeling comfortable in it.

Love you tons.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time...you always do the funnest stuff!!
I have to say that I'm jealous that Joni is that flexible and can look so good jumping on the tramp! When I jump with the girls I just feel and look old!!

Anonymous said...

JONI IS IN BIG TIME TROUBLE!!!!! not really but it does kind of bum us out when we find out family was in the area and didn't even call!
okay I am done, we just like to give you a bad time Joni.

It looks like you guys had a great time together. Many more visits to come before the summer ends, enjoy exploring those new things together before it's over.

Anonymous said...

Louisville looks like a really historical and cool place! Paul, I'm sure Dilly hasn't forgotten you. Joni, will you put $100 on you pick for me next time? Mama needs a new pair of shoes! Seriously, you look so happy being together and it looks like you enjoyed every minute.
Love,
Melecia