I apologize in advance to Joni's family for these "blackmail" pictures that I found in our archives. We had a video but it was erased so I'll let you use your imaginations. One night we were all sitting around thinking of what to do while listening to music. One thing I love about Joni's family is that they are a creative bunch and there is never a moment of boredom. If we are all outside and there are rocks nearby, you can bet we will make up a game involving an impossible throw and a prize in the end...and sometimes even a person running back and forth like one of those duck targets at the fair trying not to get hit by flying rocks. I thought it was the funniest thing that Joni used to play a game involving dirt clods, bags, and trees when she was little (fourteen) and found entertainment by it, but that's what you have to do in a small town like Vernal. Anyways, we were all listening to a Michael Jackson CD, (he used to be really cool believe it or not) and Joni's brother brought up the idea to have a dance off and whoever had the stick in their hands had to dance. It was one of those things that you imagined being really funny but that you would never do. Well, I have the photos to prove it...the pics are of Gayle, Joni's aunt Jo Ann, Andrea, and me with the stick between my legs.


It was one of those moments that you wake up the next morning and hope you didn't do anything to offend every member of your wife's family...and I will forever have the images of everyone dancing in my head. There are countless moments in my life when I had such a severe laugh attack that I lost feeling and control in my limbs and the veins popped out of my big forhead as I sweat off about ten pounds...that or my acid reflux likes to kick in when I laugh...and that night was one of them. That's why families are so cool, you could be the village idiot and they still love you in the end.
Speaking of the village idiot, has anyone ever seen Martha Stewart's tv show? I can't believe that lady can make a living on tv. It was like watching a bad accident...I couldn't turn away. She has the most awkward moments of anyone else on tv that I have ever seen. I seriously feel bad for the people who come on to her show as guests. If I ever become famous and go on tour, I will call in sick when she invites me to her show, but I guess I won't have to worry about that...being famous.
Friday, September 15, 2006
Dancing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
You watch Martha Stewart?
Hate to say this Paul but you just got removed from a favorite brother postition...steve hates...no correction...loathes Martha Stewart!!
I was watching Letterman this past week and MS was the guest. Dave cut himself on a cookie cutter and without pausing Martha stuck his finger in his mouth and sucked the blood off. I was sitting there trying to figure out if I really just saw that.
I don't watch Martha Steve, I was flipping channels and then I couldn't turn it. I do that all of the time with stupid shows, Joni hates it.
I am also a member of the anti-Martha Stewart club. I have to admit I watched her once, when she was teaching how to have a delightful Halloween. She was the spookiest part - - and she thinks she is "marvelous." (Her word) That woman has entirely too much empty time on her hands! You've got the moves, Paul! :)
Too bad you don't have the video. I would have liked to see that. I like Gayle and JoAnn... was trying to imagine how they dance. You can see where Joni gets her sense of humor. - Glen
The pictures don't do this blog justice. I actually saw the video. I remember thinking, "wow, they were all really brave to get up there and take turns dancing in front of everyone like that." Joni's family is great!
I am not one of MS biggest fans but I do have to say that many times I have thought, "wow that is really cool, I should do that sometime", but like mom said, you really has the time!
Susan and her sister Nancy used to be BIG Martha Stewart fans. It looks like you guys better advocate that she go back to jail. Turn off the TV Paul.
Great blog you guys, Keep it the good work.
Happy birthday Paul.
Brent.
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工,
酒店寒假打工,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工,
酒店經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
Post a Comment