Monday, September 4, 2006

Wrestling at Work

I don't really watch pro wrestling on tv, I never really liked the stuff...plus my mom would always comment on how much she hated it when I would leave it on the wrestling channel, which actually caused me to watch at times just to be annoying. Anyways, I have seen enough wrestling to know a few characters and to know how the whole wrestling theatre works...now I am just getting random. But I figured out why I like my job...I feel like a WWF promoter with the size and personalities of some of the guys I work with. I am just a little scared that someday one of them will try to break a chair over my back or throw me onto a table. For starters, This one guy who just started is seven feet tall...not kidding. And he isn't a beanpole, this guy has to weigh half a ton. Then there is my team leader who is nothing other than the spitting image of "the Rock", I was trying to joke around the other day and when he came in to work I said, "Can you smelllll what the Rock is cookin!"...I think I peed myself a little when he didn't smile at first, actually he never smiles, but I think he liked it a little...I hope he liked it a little. Then there is the "small" one. He is about 6'4", loaded with 275 pounds of Texas soul power. He has brothers who play football at Wisconsin and SMU, and still has a little chip on his shoulder I think that he didn't make it. I think the one time I made him laugh was when I was trying to break a piece of plywood in half by propping it up next to a wall...then I ran and jumped feet first full steam, and that plywood didn't break one bit...the whole momentum came back at me and I was launched onto my back on the ground. I was soo glad that someone saw it because I would have been mad to complete such a feat without anyone watching. Actually he laughed really hard again today when I hit my head on a steel beam...I'll do anything to please a crowd I guess. Then there is the former Golden Glove boxing champion, he is older but he looks like Hulk Hogan, handlebar mustache included, you can hear the guy laugh across the store. And finally my partner in crime Santiago "Jimmy" Martinez, about my height but has about four of my dad's bellies, I call him the cuadroople scoop. He wishes he was black and talks with a lisp, still trying to grow a mustache since he was 12. You can imagine how fun and interesting it is to work around a bunch of guys all day that could twist me into a pretzel. It's fun to be the minority, in Utah everyone is skinny and white, here I stick out like a sore thumb. Anyways, sorry to bore you with stuff about my work but I thought you might like to know who I work with every day. I think I might be a fan of wrestling now...sorry mom.

By the way, I can't resist this one...I would like to congratulate my dad on learning how to navigate the internet last night. He called me last night to figure out how to get onto my blogsite, and I explained for 15 minutes what to type into the address bar (and what the address bar is). I think that maybe he still has all of his stocks and investments in the business of slave trading and that the internet is just a fad. Sorry dad, if you can still read this...CONGRATULATIONS!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog Paul. I am starting to feel like I'm losing my sanity (boy did I just pitch a fat one or what?). I've pretty much shut myself off from the rest of the world for the last few days to work on my Thesis (except for some appearances by Erin), and I keep checking those blogs to feel a little connection with life outside. Anyway, thanks and get those sister's-in-law in line so I don't lose it.
Anyway, a good day is ending up to be a tough one. It's good to hear about your enormous co-workers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joel...I'm here and back in business...sorry I didn't realize we were your only glimpse into the outside world!
Paul I think you need to take over for Dave Barry. You do great!!!
You need to link our blog and Kendi's blog to yours so when your dad does get on he can easily navigate or maybe you should call him and give him a lesson...we all appreciate it! Keep the blogs coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny Stuff! Makes my retired life seem very mundane and boring! :) We DO have a "quadruple scoop" for a neighbor - - - he's a professor of botany who knows everything you'd ever want to know about a plant - - except how to make one grow and how to kill a weed! He's the nicest guy, but so busy analyzing the "little" details of everything, he literally doesn't see the forest for the nodule on the needle on the tree! (Be careful, Joel - - -too much education COULD be a dangerous thing, I guess!) And our "Okie" neighbor who picked chokecherries with me and said, "Man, this is as easy as stripping milk from the milk cow!" is his best Southern drawl. Awesome, Paul. Keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

. . . And Steve - - - after reading about Paul's encounter with the plywood, before a live audience, you should feel ever so much better about the blond witness to your "garaging of the bicycle!" Right? Life's designed to keep us humble - - and laughing at ourselves! :)

Anonymous said...

I did it; your 15 minute instruction paid off. Since your Dad is a wrestler, even with a boulder on his front, I can understand why you have a secret desire to relate well to wrestlers.
Just let those big guys know that if they aren't nice to you they have to deal with YOUR Dad!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mike but according to Joel this isn't the first time that someone has tried to explain to you how to find our blogs! We decided that Eric and Hannah must be showing you how to look up your email each day too. just kidding!!! I am so glad that you all take and give joking so well. From our time spent with Erin she seems to be able to handle her own giving and taking of it too. She fits RIGHT in! Now we just have to convince Joel and Erin to start their own blogs!!! ¡Dése prisa!
¡Vamos!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,