Friday, September 22, 2006

Eating Habits



First of all, Joni is going to kill me when she finds out that I posted that picture. Joel left a challenge to find some flattering photos, I found a lot but I won't post them yet. I just found this one of Joni when she must have seen a spider or something. I don't know why I posted the other one, I just had such a devilsih look in my eyes and Steve would appreciate all of the color in the photgraph. I am still giggling like a little girl when I think about the picture Joel posted on his new blog, check out joelsdumbblog.blogspot.com....sorry, had to giggle again. If you are wondering what it is I am looking at in the picture, it is a zinger (twinkie) with a cheeto, 2 peanut butter m&m's, a cold shrimp, and a skittle dipped in tarter sauce. Joni's brother dared me to eat it on New Year's Eve...I did of course but the funny thing is that he got sick the next day for doing it too. It wasn't that bad if you separate all of the tastes. In Chile I would always make eggs with hot dogs on toast, with jam, cheese and caramel. So I was better prepared I guess.
I met a guy in Chile with no teeth but he loved apples. Of course that made me wonder how he ate apples so I asked him for a demonstration. He grabbed an apple in his hand, and violently slammed it four or five times against the wall without breaking the skin, then slurped the apple right out of the skin...probably one of the funniest things I remember seeing. Funny how we all have our little "things" when eating. Before my endoscopy, I would get the hickups without fail after eating. Joni has her little habit of making every bite the best bite ever. She lines up all of the little sauces and delicately picks up the best looking part of each food group, it is pretty amazing to watch. My mom doesn't eat anything, then proceeds to call herself "fat". Dad magically makes the food go from the table to his stomach within seconds. Joel never fails to have some of the food remaining somewhere on his body, and Glen just eats...a lot. I think Steve must be the happy, quiet eater. Melecia...well, I don't remember but I am sure giggling is involved. I would like to know if there is a female out there who doesn't prefer what is on everyone else's plate to her own. Does that exist? Even if I order two plates of what I am eating, my plate always looks the best. Question, what is the most disgusting thing you have ever had? For me...I think liver or seaweed soup is up there on the top of the list.

6 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Notice you need two pictures to get the whole effect of my head...it won't even fit on one picture.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome, I know you guys had some around. That biking outfit was absolutely rediculous, or my body in it was.

Erin is a habitual eater (maybe we all are). But she has foods at the local restaurants that she orders 99% of the time. At a mexican restaurant its fish tacos, she likes to buy costco Chicken parmesan that could probably feed her for 4 days but with me around lasts one meal, she gets the same kind of ice cream all the time. I cracks me up

Most disgusting foods? I remember french dip day in elementary one of my friends was sitting next to me we both picked up our sandwhiches at the same time but the au jus had soaked the bottom bun I was taking a bite when he said "gross" as he was pulling the soaked bottom bun off that nasty meat. The combination of that and feeling my teeth bite through the nastiness that I was loking at were too much for me and I puked on the table. I can't even remember who went first but 2 or 3 kids in our group all pretty much barfed at the same time and the rest were gagging as the teachers looked at each other like "what the hell are we supposed to do now?"

Good post, that was some funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that my memories with Joel and food has to do with him burning his mouth!
I remember one weekend that every meal mom would say "Joel those are hot" he'd pop it in his mouth anyway and then dance around with his cheeks going in and out saying "that's hot" in a garbled mouth full of food sort of way.
I have to say I'm one of those females who always eats off my husbands plate...it just tastes better!

Anonymous said...

I, like Erin, am a habitual eater, as you all know. "Yogurt cocktail" every morning; the sandwich I always order is a BLT, Grapenuts at least once a day - - -and it's been this way for years! I'm a pretty picky eater, so a lot of things are yucky to me. The yuckiest in recent memory was a deer stew at the neighbor's. First, you know how I love deer (live deer), so would never intentionally eat even a bit of one. Second, I was a guest, and this stew had so much garlic and slimy okra (Yes, Paul, it was our southern neighbor!) I was just trying to nibble away at it. Then the hostess said, just as I bit into a piece of gristle or ligament or something, "Isn't this great deer? - - -hardly gamey at all with all the seasonings." I got the involuntary gagging reflex goin' and had to stuff a piece of roll in my mouth and excuse myself with some lame excuse about having something caught in my teeth. I get a tight throat all over again, just thinking about it. When I got home, there was a beautiful white tail deer in the neighbor's yard. I nearly cried and wanted to go out and shout, "Run, Bambi, Run!"

Anonymous said...

The first year I lived with Joni we became obsessed with cookie dough. We would buy the tubes of Pillsbury cookie dough and basically lived off of it. We would usually put a blob on a plate and heat it up in the microwave and then proceed to eat it using only the fingers. That was until we saw our reflection in the sliding glass doors and we realized what we looked like eating it! It really doesn't hold the same appeal now.

The other fav was the peanut butter. Joni would take big spoonfuls to our Econ class. Somehow she managed to get the pb off her spoon an all down my arm while I was totally unaware.

Good times!

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,