Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dirty dishes

I am sitting here in a messy house trying to figure out what smell is coming from the kitchen, which makes me wonder...why do I wait several days sometimes to do the dishes? I can smell a little bit of the Eggo waffles and syrup I had this morning, and some of the chicken I made last night...It is kind of making me hungry. I don't even want to begin to guess what is in the trash can. Now before you go judging me thinking I am disgusting, I will clean it all up...but why do I let it all pile up? One thing I never did was resort to wearing a pair of underwear from the dirty clothes pile, that is gross. I don't know how someone could do that...same thing with wearing the same clothes for more than two days in a row. I say two days because working at Lowes absolutely destroys my clothes so I have this little plan to change my shirt but wear the same pair of pants to get maximum use for two days, then they can get washed. Think about how gross people had to smell back in the day when they only had one pair of pj's. I used to think girls were so weird because they would only bathe or wash their hair a couple times a week...I must be getting gross in my older years because now waiting a couple of days to wash my noggin seems pretty normal...and bathing every day seems excessive, unless sweat is invloved. Maybe it has to do with not taking showers in the morning anymore. When I have to go into work at 5:30AM, I want to get the maximum amount of sleep so I wake up 15 minutes before I leave (just enough time to eat).
Hearing everyone talk about the cold weather makes me thankful to be here after the hellishly hot summer. It is still in the 90's and should stay in the 80's for a couple more months...then it gets "freezing" here as the locals say at a chilling 60 degrees. To their credit I hear the nights get down into the 30's. It is funny to hear people around here complain about the cold, really wimpy.
I cannot wait until the season premeire of "The Ofiice" tonight, on NBC at 7:30. Super funny show, but you have to have the right sense of humor for it. I have to admit I get a little giddy like I do for Broncos games before hand. Speaking of the Broncos, I am excited to see the game since it is at night on my B-Day...lets hope it'll bring them some luck. It's funny because I was more excited to see the game than I was mad about missing church since I work during the day...sounds kind of bad, but it IS the Broncos. When I go to hell I'll just explain that my family introduced me to my addiction...that might just work. Time to clean up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joni said, "It smells in here, someone's deodorant isn't working."
Paul from the distant corner replied, "It can't be me. I'm not wearing any."

No wonder you smell, dirty dishes, clothes and pits. Maybe you need to use the pine fresh tree from your car a little more often and in “other” places.

60 deg. high freezing? No. Pretty cold? Yes, in that humidity. Boise has been in the mid sixties this week, but it’s supposed to warm back up to the high 70’s next week for some more traditional fall weather.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to "The Office" too. Season 2 just came out on DVD and I'm definitely buying. The Duffy award episode is definitely my favorite. I laughed so hard it hurt.

It just so happens that I have "Conflict Resolution" training for the next couple of days. It's funny how a parady comes so close to the actual thing. We did some funny roleplays I learned about CRIB.
C - Create Mutual Purpose
R - Recognize their Purpose
I - Invent a Mutual Purpose
B - Brainstorm a Solution.

I have a better acronym: C-R-A-P

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff! Try washing the dish cloth, Paul! It does wonders for bad smells in the kitchen. Those rags carry more germs than the Church Nurseries!

After all the talk about "The Office," I'm going to try it tonight, so I can at least know what you guys are talking about.

We saw our first snowflakes here today - - -but I'm told that beautiful Indian summer always follows the first little snow. I hope so, or Jim is going to be giving me daggers for talking him into staying here till after Christmas. Won't our hill be fun sledding when we DO get snow? See - - -there's that pony again! :)

Anonymous said...

I am also looking forward to The Office tonight. We'll have to call you afterwards to discuss it AFTERWARDS(our time), like the good ol' days. Don't call us after you watch it and ruin it for us!

Paul and Joni said...

Mom, that probably wasn't the best Office to start on. I recommend watching the other ones before you can judge so you know what is going on. I still loved it but it was a little bit awkward and controversial for your first show. Once you get everyone's characters and humor it is the best...why am I explaining this? Watch whatever you want.

Anonymous said...

I knew, halfway through the show, that you were thinking, "Oh man - - why does Mom have to try watching "The Office" tonight?!?!" "Awwwwwkkkkkward" is an apt description, I suppose. I'll withhold judgement for another episode. :)

Anonymous said...

I had to change the channel for a little bit because I could sense what was coming with the kissing thing. The gaydar thing was funny. Also "You can't say a retard is retarded, just your retard friends that are acting retarded." It's not everyone's humor.

Anonymous said...

I meant to comment on the office but somhow put it in your "Observations" post, no idea how that happened.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,